Author Topic: Jims Auto Parts - any good or bad experiences??  (Read 6059 times)

Offline OzCuda

Jims Auto Parts - any good or bad experiences??
« on: October 18, 2005 - 12:49:39 AM »
Thinking about ordering some parts off these guys soon- anyone have any good or bad experiences to relate???
'70 Barracuda

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: Jims Auto Parts - any good or bad experiences??
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005 - 01:34:11 AM »

This should help...........

DON'T SHOP AT JIMS-AUTO-PARTS, EVER!!!

I have had several bad experiences with them from overcharging shipping by $200-$300, no email replies for weeks once ordered YOU have to chase them up, Bad phone manners and shotty professionalism, the list goes on mate....after 5 months of waiting I ordered a part somewhere else, then they got back to me a-g-e-s after asking if I still want it!?! BAD BAD, BAD service! I am not the only one either, GAURNETEED. All the boards I have been to I have yet to see anything really good about them. On a good day they actually email you back......1 month later. I am like you too from overseas, New Zealand.

Stick to Year One when overseas and in the US.
Yeah, their prices may vary but you pay for their professional service, peace of mind and shipping from YO to my door takes 3-4 days.

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

cudahob

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005 - 06:08:05 AM »
How about Jack's Auto Parts?

http://www.jacksautoparts.com/

Offline OzCuda

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005 - 08:00:05 AM »
Welll I'm guessing that pretty well answers it - thanks NZ
'70 Barracuda

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
  • Don't Ever, Ever Give Up
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005 - 08:12:13 AM »
1970 Challenger R/T 383  Matching#s JS23N0E under construction. It's Plum Crazy
SOLD

Offline Total BS

• '71 Carrabuda Baby!
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005 - 08:37:21 PM »
I would recommend Jacks Mopar Parts. They are very close to my home and have been nothing but up front with me.  I went to buy something recently and he told me don't waste my money go to the local auto parts store and pick it up cheaper.  Not too many people would say that. He gained my respect and my return business because of that. Their prices seem fair but I am not sure about shipping as I usually pickup my parts in person. Hope that helps.
1971 'Cuda 383
1970 Chevelle SS LS6
1999 Durango
-New Joisey-

Offline OzCuda

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005 - 08:48:47 PM »
The reason I was going to go through Jims was because they have parts on the website catalogue that I couldn't find anywhere else (70 cuda front splashpan/valance cover panel) and also listed lots of the handy trim bits, gasket kits etc.  I was shown a Year One hard copy catalogue the other day from 1996 and they had the stuff I was after but it isn't listed on the website - has their range reduced or they just don't list everything online???
'70 Barracuda

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005 - 11:10:09 PM »

If you email Mike Lancaster or Jose Dejesus they will help. They are who I deal with.
They are the International order salesman. Quick replies and friendly as. I just ordered some torsion rod trunk sliders.

Emailed last night got my email this morning replied within 5-10 minutes, told they were in stock packed and ready to send with my OK.

Mike Lancaster - mikel@yearone.com
Jose Dejesus - josed@yearone.com

There website has the majority of the products they sell but if you email they usually have what you want.
We have been going there basically since the resto started 2 years ago and no worries at all.

Give them an email and see for yourself. :-)
If possible let them know Carl Bullivant from New Zealand sent you for a reference to me, helps me out and probably you.
We must have ordered 40-50 orders from them now, probably more..........

Cheers,
Carl

Offline TeeWJay426

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005 - 05:06:27 AM »
Anything Jim's has can be found elsewhere and it will be cheaper too. Just because it's on the website, don't believe for an instant he actually has it. Shipping charges are usually inflated and rarely quoted accurately. In short, his reputation sucks- don't even THINK of buying from him!
'66 Hemi Charger                         
'67 Coronet R/T ragtop
'03 Hemi Ram 2500 QC 4x4
'99 Durango
'98 Intrepid ES

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2005 - 05:57:31 AM »
Anything Jim's has can be found elsewhere and it will be cheaper too. Just because it's on the website, don't believe for an instant he actually has it. Shipping charges are usually inflated and rarely quoted accurately. In short, his reputation sucks- don't even THINK of buying from him!

TeeW made a good point that I forgot to mention.
When I made an order once (Silly Me) they had the part listed, I paid, and waited. Sent emails, nothing. After a month or so they got back saying "item not in stock do I want to wait?" Wait!?!?! WTF I've been waiting for a month! I cancelled my order and and they gave my money back.

They were quick to grab the cash.......but not so quick to let me know that A) I got charged B) The part wasn't in stock & C) The ETA.

Like many new company's the only thing they see in life are these signs: $$$$$ Sad, but true.

Offline noschevys

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008 - 01:15:20 PM »
I agree they suck!!  The old lady that answers the phone is nasty, the price on the bill was higher than shown on the website, I called and questioned it and she said we don't update our prices often -we have to make money somehow (screwing the customer!!), you can't talk to anybody but the old lady who is pissed because she would rather be watching soap operas.  And if you get the wrong part because their description was inaccurate and you need to return it the old bag charges 20%.     Do yourself a favor  STAY AWAY OR YOU WILL BE SOURED!!!!!!!!

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008 - 01:28:18 PM »
I've also had great luck with Year-One. I also recommend Mancini. They have probably been the best and took back some parts I erroneously ordered with no problem and sent me the right ones no questions asked.
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008 - 03:07:06 PM »
I've also had pretty good luck with Tony's

http://www.tonysparts.com/

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008 - 05:20:20 PM »
I like Harden's Muscle Car World also. When I ordered the complete interior and all the detailing parts and the vinyl top for the Road Runner.  It was at a show. They gave a 10% for the show special and since I ordered everything I needed to finish the car they knocked off another 10% plus paid for the shipping for the items they didn't have on the truck.   :2thumbs:   
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008 - 05:39:12 PM »
I've also had pretty good luck with Tony's

http://www.tonysparts.com/

Tony is also good, a little arrogant at first but he became better as I dealt with him. He has some good parts, but the prices are usually high, not always. Good place to find those hard to get pieces like perfect NOS items, ie: body side moldings, etc.