Newbie - stephenosterberg

Author Topic: Newbie - stephenosterberg  (Read 2994 times)

Offline stephenosterberg

Newbie - stephenosterberg
« on: October 18, 2005 - 05:59:10 PM »
Hi everyone,

Brand new to the site and to any kind of club/org. but it looks good.  I own a "73 "Cuda which was originally a 318 blue car from California that I bought from a guy in Windsor Ontario Canada as a 340 Lemon Twist AAR clone.  Though I'm not a huge fan of clones, this car was super clean and was drivable from the get go.  Super nice underneath with no rust in the floor pans or trunk at all!  The rear quarters are fiberglass so I don't know when that was done.  Since I bought it 2 years ago I've done some work on the engine as it seemed sluggish to me.  When we took it apart we noticed one of the pistons had a chunk out of it!  Not only that, but it had already been bored out as much as it could so we had to resleeve or get a new block.  So now it reads like this:  its a 360 with a custom built camshaft, Comp Cam lifters, Hooker ceramically coated headers, Edelbrock airgap intake, Holly carb, MSD electronic ignition, a new rad, custom 3 inch H pipe, a 727 tranny slap stick with 3:91 in the back.  It's pushing just under 300hp at the wheels and around 340 ft/lbs of torque.

I have been having trouble with the electronics though, as my lights keep dimming with the rpms and when i put signals on.  Probably a ground.  Have any of you had similar troubles.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005 - 08:55:21 PM by Rev-It-Up »

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
Re: Newbie - stephenosterberg
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005 - 08:57:25 PM »
Hey Stephen, welcome to the board! I found your post in another thread and thought you deserved your own "howdy" from this crowd. 

I would love to see your Cuda if you got some pics.  So...how's that 360 feel?
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005 - 09:32:06 PM »
Welcome to the site, Stephen!  I would have to agree with Rev on the pictures if you have any available.  It sounds like a very nice car from your description.
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005 - 09:41:20 PM »
Welcome to the site.

As far as your electrical problem, check to see if your voltage regulator has a good ground. What is the voltage with the car running at the battery? Could be a weak alternator (bad brushes or one diode in rectifier pac in alternator bad). Voltage with car running should be around 13.6-13.8 volts.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005 - 11:13:27 PM »

Hello and welcome to the board!!
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005 - 08:50:14 AM »
Welcome to cuda-challenger.com!!  Great place here!!  Your car sounds like a nice find.  Never seen any fibreglass rear quarters??  Love to see some pics if you have any you can share!!  Enjoy the site!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005 - 02:52:22 PM by 4cruzin »

mopar_guy333

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005 - 11:31:36 AM »
I agree,welcome to the site! as im sure you could already tell it's a great place here.stick around and enjoy.

Offline inot2old

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005 - 03:54:57 PM »
Welcome.  I have a '73 'Cuda with  a 360 also.  Mine also started out with a 318, but it was originally yellow and is now blue.  Has anybody asked for pics yet?

'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005 - 05:16:00 PM »
Welcome.  I have a '73 'Cuda with  a 360 also.  Mine also started out with a 318, but it was originally yellow and is now blue.  Has anybody asked for pics yet?

OK, I'll be the pain in the butt(hee-hee).   "This thread is worthless without pics".  We used to have a smiley that said that, but it has gone on vacation apparently.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline stephenosterberg

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2005 - 09:18:55 PM »
Hey everyone!

I disappeared forever there because I am a high school teacher up here in Ontario and am doing an online course as well.  Anyway, I got some pics the last sunny weekend we had up here before it got snowy and cold so I am posting them here.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 18, 2005 - 09:56:23 PM by 4cruzin »

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2005 - 09:37:11 PM »
Welcome stephenosterberg

Great car and thanks for the pics....A little big though

Here they are smaller

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2005 - 09:41:29 PM »
Wow, the car looks great!!!! :wow:  Wow, were those some extra large photos, too.  (It's alright) :thumbsup:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline stephenosterberg

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2005 - 09:50:42 PM »
Yeah,

opps.  Sorry about that.  I have a pretty big camera so i have to modify them before i post.  Missed a couple i guess.

Offline stephenosterberg

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2005 - 09:55:53 PM »
Hey thanks for shrinking them down.  At least you can get some good detail in the engine.  When I got the licence plate the lady at the Ministry of Transportation looked at me funny and said, "You sure you want this?  I can't even figure it out."  The kids at my high school all love the car and think the plate is great as most of them are either Zeppelin fans or have seen the movie.  What's really cool, is that they all respect the car so much they come into class and tell me if anyoine is outside looking at it.  Good to have so many cops around!

Steve

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2005 - 10:01:47 PM »
Those are some awesome pics!! Sweet car!!  Thanks for sharing!!!   :drool:  :drool:  :drool: