Author Topic: My poor Challenger is getting confused.  (Read 504 times)

Offline camjam

• Rare-it-T
My poor Challenger is getting confused.
« on: October 23, 2005 - 11:35:54 PM »
In the spring I placed my car in the World of Wheels show with a number of our club member's cars. There were quite a number of Chargers from our club so they decided to do a salute to the Charger. My car was placed at the front of the line of the Chargers. Big mistake.
The local cable TV company did a shoot about the Charger for a local show that they do called Engine Driven. They of course were taking lots of video of the Chargers but in the finished storey about the Charger there were a lot shots of my Challenger with the close out scene showing the 4 corners of my car. I thought it was a hoot and got a friend who works for the cable company to get me a copy of the storey. Man there was a lot video of my orange car.
Now for the surprizing part. A club member was telling me that he was watching speed vision recently and they ran the Charger storey that the cable company had produced unedited. So now for the uniformed my car is a Charger on national TV.
It is flattering that they liked my car but it sure leaves the producers of both programs with a lot of egg on their face not to mention that they are adding to the confusion that a Challenger is a Charger. They should do their research but that takes time or does it. Challenger Charger - the names have some of the same letters but that ends the similarity.
I am getting frustrated with the confusion. When will it end. Don't get me wrong I love the Charger but my Challenger is No. 1.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005 - 03:30:44 PM by AprilsPink72Cuda »
71 Challenger R/T 383 4spd - 1 of 10 known to have been built for canada - restored
70 Charger R/T SE 440 auto - restored

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
Re: My poor Challenger is getting confused.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005 - 11:44:04 PM »
That's pretty funny, Camjam!!  I'll have to watch for that on Speed Vision!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005 - 03:51:35 AM »
Don`t you know that any orange Mopar is a Charger(General Lee)!! At almost every show I go to my `72 Barracuda gets called a Charger just b/c it`s orange,might as well keep the dummies confused. LMOA!!
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005 - 01:56:20 PM »
Cam, that's cool that your car was featured on tv.  As for your car's identity crisis, let's just hope DC doesn't decide to do the same thing they did to the new Charger when they go to recreate the Challenger production in '09.  Maybe this was a hint from the unexplainable.....
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005 - 03:33:06 PM »
Hey Camjam, don't worry to much about the confusion.  Congrats on your big TV appearance!  You must be proud of your Charger (I mean Challenger) LOL!