Hey How's everyone been?

Author Topic: Hey How's everyone been?  (Read 2049 times)

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
Hey How's everyone been?
« on: October 25, 2005 - 06:34:55 AM »
Been out of the loop here for a while. Been working a ton. Not too much new here.. i did buy a new truck so i can take my car to carlise next year and have no worrys. Also been working on my dart sport. Turbo charged-intercooled, 4speed ,dana. It's a pump gas monster-it's absolutely uncontrollable easy 10 second car as is with a small 60-1 single turbo using blow through technology. The wetaher has been nasty in the north east here!. Hows everyone makin out anything I missed? Look foward to hearing from you guys and girls-Take care!
Nick

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
Re: Hey How's everyone been?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005 - 08:13:07 AM »
Hey Nick good to hear from you again, been wondering about you too (71 Deputy was on here yesterday). Sounds like you may have some more nasty weather in the form of rain, Wilma is on her way up the east coast. They are predicting wet heavy snow in the higher elevations of Pa.-N.Y. etc., just rain for the rest of the areas north and NE. Sure will be good to see you at Carlisle next year. -Jim
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005 - 08:37:25 AM »
Hi 74chall,

How you doing?  That's a pretty cool Dart!  Did you do all the turbo work yourself?  Are there any manuals to show you how to do it?   Very nice!  In th4e future i would love to do a turbo car.  No time/money now.

Nice truck by the way.  Did it come with a tow package?  I assume it's an automatic.  Make sure you don't go above the recommended tow capacity.  I used to be a foreman at Acura of Boston and the Honda auto trannies need to be well taken care of.  The Honda manual trannies are great, but the automatics need a tranny cooler if you're thinking of doing any towing.  Just my 2 cents.
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005 - 08:42:43 AM »
Hey Nick...Good to hear from you.  I have been wondering what you have been up to.  Nice truck.  Your Chally will look great behind that.  I hope you do make it to Carlisle next year.  You missed out on TONS of fun!

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005 - 08:43:29 AM »
Hey Jim good to hear from you!
super blue- i bought it that way-but i have a TON of work to get it really going. first is to send the carb out to csu and then i gotta get an LM1 to tune the setup.  No manuals/kits all home made.
Truck is an 06 ridgeline. I put the tow package on but they come with  a tranny/p/s coolers and dual 160 watt fans from the factory. tows great.
as far as honda manual trannies -they are ok ,beat the living hell out of the dx and ex trannys and the gsr tran's hold up well. honda makes some good stuff

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005 - 08:45:14 AM »
Hey april! Last year i didnt go because i really didnt want to drive the car out there with 3.91's ,no exhaust etc for 4 hours. this year theres no excuses! Hows the car been?

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005 - 08:49:31 AM »
Hahahaha Nick.  Weren't you the one who called me a pansy for not wanting to drive my Cuda to Carlisle cause of my 3:91's?  LOL.  I think I remember you picking on me cause I was going to trailer her.  Sorry, I just had to bust your chops.  LOL.  Anyway, I will be glad to see you at Carlisle! 

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005 - 09:16:32 AM »
Hahahaha Nick.  Weren't you the one who called me a pansy for not wanting to drive my Cuda to Carlisle cause of my 3:91's?  LOL.  I think I remember you picking on me cause I was going to trailer her.  Sorry, I just had to bust your chops.  LOL.  Anyway, I will be glad to see you at Carlisle! 
ahhaha yup! but the ford wing would of lowered your cruizing rpms!  :o

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005 - 10:02:00 AM »
All this rain is great huh?Lots of flooding up here in New Hampshire,pouring rain today and Wilma on her way.Lucky for me I live up on a small hill well above the water table so my house and Mopars are safe.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005 - 10:02:17 AM »
Hey Nick!! Good to see you back.  Glad to hear you'll be making it to Carlisle...we're gonna have such a good time.  
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005 - 10:07:14 AM »
Hey Nick.  Good to hear from you again.  That Dart Sport is going to be one nasty ride when you're finished with it!  That's awesome that you'll be making the trip to Carlisle next year.  I believe Mike and I will be either driving one of his Barracudas (he bought a '67 fastback just recently) or trailering one of them. (most likely the '67 because he plans on dropping in a built 440.)
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2005 - 02:52:08 PM »

WHOA! You have been busy!!!!! Lucky, I wish I had a 10 second street car.
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2005 - 05:50:00 AM »
hey mark and carl your guys cars getting any closer???

mopar_guy333

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2005 - 08:39:37 AM »
Hey Nick,i was acutally just wondering where you were a few days ago.glad to hear you've been keeping busy,thats good.wow that car is a monster lol.thats sweet man.congrats.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2005 - 02:35:42 PM »
hey mark and carl your guys cars getting any closer???

Yip, VERY close I can smell the excitment. lol Thanks for asking. :-)
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60