Author Topic: 71 challenger  (Read 1156 times)

Offline MoparMatt383

• Member as of March 2004
71 challenger
« on: October 25, 2005 - 04:10:00 PM »
Alright I have listed this car before about a year ago, but I have waffled on selling it so I figure I would list it again and just see what happens.  I am not really hot to get rid of it because I have a place that it can where it can go into long term storage inside.  Also I have the itch to build a track car and this car is too complete to cut up and I found a 71 barracuda basket case for real cheep.  So here is a discription of my car.

71 challenger, factory 318, auto on the floor with air conditioning car. 

Mechanical
Currently it has a non running 67 383 with a 727 in it.  I say it is non running because I do not know any history on the motor and does not appear like it has ever been rebuilt.  When I got the car I was able to start it and it did not knock or have any problems, but it has sat for awhile.  Also it has an 8 and 3/4 rear end and a 26 inch radiator.  Somebody at some point put an afb and an edelbrock performer intake on the motor.   It also has power disc brakes in the front.

Body
The body will definately beed work.  The floors, trunk, and frame are pretty solid.  On the torsion bar support in the back on eash side there is about a 2 inch hole where a drain hole got clogged and it rusted around the hole.  It is about a foot or more from where the torsion bar goes through the frame so it does not effect the structure of the car, but it is something that will need to be attended to if you want to do a full resto.  The quarters have typical ebody rust at the bottoms and around the lip.  The inner wheel wells are solid.  The roof is good, but there is a crack in the paint by the seam of the quarter to roof so it will need to be stripped to see if it needs any metal work there.  The doors are strait but have some rust starting at the very bottom corners.  The pass fender is solid but needs some minor work.  I personally would replace the d side fender.  It has an rt hood that is in good shape.  The trunk lid is in good shape.  The inner fenders are pretty good.  The cowel will need work at the top around the base of the windshield.  The bumpers are very strait.  The grill is very nice except it has been painted black.  Has all tinted glass that is not broken.  I have a new repro rear valence that goes with the car.  It has 4 mag 500s that are on the car.  The trim is pretty good.

Interior
All the door panels are pretty nice.  The dash is presentable for a driver because it has a 2 inch crack by the speaker.  Has a new headliner installed.  Has all the interior trim in good shape except its missing the L shaped peice around the radio.  Radio is missing.  I have a set of buckets with the hard plastic back that will go with it but they need to be recoverd.

Thats all that I can think of for now.  It is a very good car for a full resto RT clone.  If I do keep it the car will go into long term indoor storage and I will get to it in a few years.  The price is 5000 which I am firm on and I might include some extra parts, but I am not certain.  The car is pretty much complete as is.  If anybody is interested I would like them to see it in person.  I'll consider any trades at all they dont dont have to be mopar, but would rather have cash.  The car is in NYC.

My email is funkytownpf@msn.com

Matt

Too many projects and nothing gets done.

Offline MoparMatt383

• Member as of March 2004
Re: 71 challenger
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005 - 09:53:06 PM »
http://community.webshots.com/user/msgtgregg

Here are some picks of the challenger.
Too many projects and nothing gets done.