Who's The Oldest?

Author Topic: Who's The Oldest?  (Read 14680 times)

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
  • Restore it dont crush it!
Re: Who's The Oldest?
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2005 - 08:04:21 PM »
this is great i was away when this thread was created..away on my honeymoons!! im still a young toe head! im a 1985!! haha plum your new nickname is grand pa!! lol hahaha just kidding! thats a great pic of you in 56 ovmf! are you from virginia?? I am from southwest va!!
My family, My cars, My guns three things il fight for!!

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2005 - 08:33:58 PM »
LOL!! I love it, my grandkids see me when I get home from work from down the street and they are hollering "Grandpa!, Comeeer!"  I love the name, that's the best thing that can happen to someone is getting grandkids!! Being a father soon will be close for you but you are just in basic training to become a grandpa!

Offline xs29j8

« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2005 - 07:52:34 AM »
Well, I am a very late 1954 model... within days of being a '55 model...

After many years of abuse, I am undergoing a full restoration... ;)

For example, I have lost 180 pounds in the last 2 years... picked up all my Mopars about .25 seconds in the quarter mile.

More old timers than I expected on the board!

XS

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2005 - 10:39:10 AM »
For example, I have lost 180 pounds in the last 2 years... picked up all my Mopars about .25 seconds in the quarter mile.
XS

That is a great achievement!!  Congratulations!!!  I would be very proud of myself if I were you!!     

Offline xs29j8

« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2005 - 03:46:54 PM »

That is a great achievement!!  Congratulations!!!  I would be very proud of myself if I were you!!     

Thanks 4C - I am very satisfied with my weight loss... but I did let myself get into that condition, so its a mixed picture... maybe I should also be ashamed for letting it spiral out of control.  When I found out that much of what I had been told by doctors, parents, friends, etc. about food was WRONG, I was able to "engineer" my weight loss.  I like to say I "engineered" it because that is my profession... lol

BTW, I have done it entirely in a healthy way... NO surgery, NO diet drugs, NO strange foods (except broccoli & cauliflower...;)),  NO hypnosis, NO herbs, NO money spent (expect for healthy food at the supermarket), Etc.  And during the diet my colesterol levels have dropped from 159 total to 117 total (82 bad / 35 good).

If I had to sum up my diet in one phrase it would be "avoid foods and food combinations that cycle your blood sugar levels excessively".  Sorry to get on the soapbox, I tend to do that now-a-days when talking about the diet...

If anyone is trying to lose a lot of weight, I will be glad to talk to them about how I did it.  It is not easy, but it is not nearly as hard once you have a better understanding of foods and the trade offs you have to make.

Allen  aka "XS"

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2005 - 03:53:51 PM »
LOL!! I love it, my grandkids see me when I get home from work from down the street and they are hollering "Grandpa!, Comeeer!"  I love the name, that's the best thing that can happen to someone is getting grandkids!! Being a father soon will be close for you but you are just in basic training to become a grandpa!
  lol!! thats a good way to look at it grand pa! lol! how many you got??

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2005 - 11:35:06 PM »
  lol!! thats a good way to look at it grand pa! lol! how many you got??

Four but only 3 are my actual grandchildren, the one boy is a step grandson but we treat him like our own. They all live right here on the same culdesac and it's very nice to get to see them so often. They think I'm a toy or something, their favorite play thing! We have a great time together.

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2005 - 04:53:02 PM »
thats great! i was think yesterday about this thread and looked into it!! and my grand parents on my dads side(im very close to them) they are fading fast not much time left on this earth which sadens me greatly but they have had a wonderful life they are both 88 they where alive when woodrow wilson was president!! thats crazy aint it!! they have lived through more presidents than i can name!!

Offline oldmoparfan

« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2005 - 06:55:43 PM »
Hello 6pak,   Where in SW Va?   I am in Lynchburg.  My daughter lived in Abingdon a couple years while her husband went to Emory, & then to ETSU.  I see on the tube you are getting snow right now.  It is pretty cold here & we are supposed to get a little light snow.  Have you been to Roanoke for the all Mopar shows?   They have a Mopar club there.  Ovmf/Wayne 
'05 Dakota, '04 Town & Country, '82 Yamaha 650 Maxim, '72 360 Challenger

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2005 - 07:48:20 PM »
im from wytheville!! bout an hour from you maybe a little more i think it takes me about 45  mins to an hour to get to roanke or salem!! no i havent been to any shows up that way i got to em when there down my way they have a few every year here in town but they are mostly chevy stuff i always go to the mopars in the mountains even in elk creek! its only 30 min or so drive!! yea its snowing here now got almost an inch just enough to cover the ground aint sticking to the roads yet hope it dont till i get home! Im not sure if there are any mopar clubs or not iv never heard of any! any up your way? emory is about 30 mins from where I work maybe not that long! i work in marion! iv been to some partys up at emory how long ago since she went there?? Kevin

Offline oldmoparfan

« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2005 - 12:25:56 PM »
Hello 6pak,  I guess they moved back a little over 6 yrs ago.  I know Roanoke has a Mopar Club.  The have at least one big all Mopar show every year.  I have seen a lot of good stuff up there.  One guy has a '69 Charger that has won a lot of awards for best in show, & it is a fantastic car.  Another one has a '71 Cuda Convet w/ 383 Commando, Tor Red w/ Brown interior, that is a survivor car, & it still in great shape.  Check on the web & you can probably get their schedule for the year.    Ovmf
'05 Dakota, '04 Town & Country, '82 Yamaha 650 Maxim, '72 360 Challenger

dodgetkboy78

« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2005 - 12:53:59 PM »
Face was born in like 1905, I think.

Offline Face

« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2005 - 06:18:26 AM »
Actually it was December 8, 1949. But considering the source of the previous post, any correction is wasted.

TRUCKBUTT[/size]
a swell guy from Warren Harding High.

Offline Hemi Challenger

• Nothing run better then a HEMI
« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2005 - 06:41:17 AM »
Well I'm a 51 Model  I'm 54 right now   and Hope to make it to 55 that would be like   Drive 55 and save lives, But I don't do that I'm a slow poke on the road so LOOK out people if you are behind me  I not into SPEED, just like slow car

kudakidd

« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2005 - 10:52:48 AM »
Topic should read, "Who's the Oldest that Will Admit It!"