Author Topic: First 'cuda - First Love  (Read 506 times)

Offline sbird426

First 'cuda - First Love
« on: October 30, 2005 - 06:34:44 PM »
Here's a shot of my very first car.  A '1970 383 'cuda.  Auto.

How I loved that car.  I was looking for a Roadrunner and found one I adored.  Purple 383 four speed.  Seventeen years old and all I could think of was the cute girls I could pick up if I had that car. 

My dad was with me at the dealership and we took the car off to have it inspected.  The results were less than spectacular and my dad told me no way would he sign for that car.  I was heartbroken.

The salesman then suggested I take a look at a red 'cuda that just came in.  Two years old and well maintained.  Turned out it had been owned by my cousin.   An hour later and I was driving off the lot with my first car. 

I was in love.

The attached shot was taken a year or so later with my girlfriend at the wheel. 

The car is long gone.  I've never been able to track it down.

The girl is out of reach as well.  The last time we talked she was running a successful Veterinarian practice in south Florida.

Life moves on but memories can be haunting. 

Anyone else have any first car stories or pictures?
Dave Booker

Offline Sukhoi

• Mr. 3-d
Re: First 'cuda - First Love
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005 - 07:18:15 PM »
That's a cool story, beautiful car as well

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
Re: First 'cuda - First Love
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005 - 11:18:18 AM »
That's pretty cool you found that photo.  All I have is a photo of "my first official" car without any cool story behind it.  Basically, we were friends with the owner's father and he had it sitting behind his dad's shed, so I gladly took it off his hands.  (I was 14 and it was the coolest looking car I had ever seen, even with the moss that was covering up the scoops in the hood.)  I don't have any close-up pics of it on my system here at school, but I think you can see it well enough in the background of my Challenger project.  I believe I ended up selling it a couple weeks after taking these photos to someone who planned on restoring it. (this thing was rotted really bad after the rear wheel wells, but it was a '69 Charger.)
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin