The pirce

Author Topic: The pirce  (Read 950 times)

Offline purple1

• Worlds first e-body trailer. Member since 3/10/05
The pirce
« on: October 31, 2005 - 09:19:57 AM »
Cars can be so cool looking sometimes. Then at times leave you totally in aw with their power and performance. I get some of my greatest joy from driving my Challenger. But some times when they break or have problems they can be a pain. I have had to replace lots of broken or worn parts on all my vehicles. This time it is the front end kit I am going to try to replace. I also need two new front tires at least. Not that I mind putting cool new parts on the Chally. But I am just an average guy. I don’t make a lot of money. And cool parts are expensive. Many times I wanted to buy car parts money has been an issue. My wife always keeps tabs on my spending. This time she said go ahead. What real price will I have to pay? I am sure it will not be cheep.

Dave

Worlds first e-body trailer.    Severna Park, Maryland

Offline moparnut

• Resident
  • Nutin like a nice Piece of Hickory"Clint Eastwood
    • My Photo's
Re: The pirce
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005 - 09:35:47 AM »
My wife always keeps tabs on my spending. This time she said go ahead. What real price will I have to pay? I am sure it will not be cheep.
When I think about getting married that same question comes to my mind "How much will this really cost me"?not kidding,lol
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383-4bbl,# Match
2012 Subaru Forester
70 D100 Adventurer 383 pickup
02 F250 S'cab Powerstroke 7.3 4x4 6 speed Manual
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005 - 10:44:40 AM »
Im 18 right now, my parents are paying the insurance on the car until i leave for the air force (just like they did with my older brother until he went in) So i currently have no kinda payments..just gas. And im definately utilizing this time to be able to spend a lotta money on my barracuda..so i can enjoy it. good luck with the chally
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005 - 05:02:15 PM »
Many times I wanted to buy car parts money has been an issue. My wife always keeps tabs on my spending. This time she said go ahead. What real price will I have to pay? I am sure it will not be cheep.

One thing you can try to do is offer her something when you need to spend money on the Chally.  When you buy something, she gets to but something.  Also, what I do is any tips that I get at work go into a box to be saved up for Cuda parts.  I also save all of my chage and that goes toward the car too.  It is amazing how quickly you can save up some money.  Depending on what you do for a living you may be able to do some side work from time to time in your spare time (like any of us has spare time, lol).  Add that money to your car fund box as well.  Just a few ideas...

Offline RUSTY Cuda

• One big step foward!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005 - 05:23:04 PM »
Luckily I don't have that problem(counting our money spent on the car) but I do get the occasional raised eyebrow!
I gave all to wife, kids & house for around 25 years, never had time for a hobby, now I figger it's my turn, I have to watch the money, not rich other than in name, but I don't know if the wife really knows just how much I did spend in the last 3 or 4 years, it's quite the sum, if I would have waited & saved that much, I could have bought a finished very decent car & had gas money for quite a while!
Of course I would have missed out on all the FUN I'm having building it! Rich.

Offline moparnut

• Resident
  • Nutin like a nice Piece of Hickory"Clint Eastwood
    • My Photo's
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005 - 05:48:17 PM »
Luckily I don't have that problem(counting our money spent on the car) but I do get the occasional raised eyebrow!
I gave all to wife, kids & house for around 25 years, never had time for a hobby, now I figger it's my turn, I have to watch the money, not rich other than in name, but I don't know if the wife really knows just how much I did spend in the last 3 or 4 years, it's quite the sum, if I would have waited & saved that much, I could have bought a finished very decent car & had gas money for quite a while!
Of course I would have missed out on all the FUN I'm having building it! Rich.
PLus when someone asked who did all the work?You can proudly say I did
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383-4bbl,# Match
2012 Subaru Forester
70 D100 Adventurer 383 pickup
02 F250 S'cab Powerstroke 7.3 4x4 6 speed Manual
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3