What Type Mopar Funaddict Are You?

Author Topic: What Type Mopar Funaddict Are You?  (Read 1432 times)

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
What Type Mopar Funaddict Are You?
« on: November 05, 2005 - 05:43:56 AM »
I thought this would be cool to see how many of what type enthusiast we all are. We can pretty much guess who will vote in which category but maybe we will be surprised! I will start by marking number 4, I love those correct down to the last nut and bolt but it isn't my passion entirely. My passion is seeing a primer gray Charger drive past me on the freeway doing 90 (usually more) to the Hemi Cuda at the show that is perfect down to the smudge the last assembler got on the hood when he closed it! And I'd like to own a dozen of each! Actually having an awesome numbers correct car is fun but I'd need to have one or more to take out and have a party with too.

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
  • Don't Ever, Ever Give Up
Re: What Type Mopar Funaddict Are You?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005 - 07:16:59 AM »
When I first started looking around for a vehicle to return to my youth in the numbers matching was a consideration but not at the top of the list.
As I progressed with the search it became more important becauuse I want to have the car as it rollled of the line. Had I found a non matching numbers car that "spoke to me" would I have bought it ? Yes. But thats the key these cars are almost bigger than life. Its not a car as much as a friend. You feel the car when you approach it. My car told me it wanted to come with me. It was after that it said in a whisper"I'm numbers matching" and that was just the cherry on top.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2005 - 07:19:16 AM by Tropicalcats »
1970 Challenger R/T 383  Matching#s JS23N0E under construction. It's Plum Crazy
SOLD

Offline DodgeFreak

• Cars and trucks are my friends..
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005 - 07:21:13 AM »
depending on the car ...well....i guess it doesn't matter to me...if its numbers great i'd pull the numbers motor and tranny out and swap out and keep the motor and tranny on a stand that i could start every now and then....then go crazy with the car.....paint...it can always be changed back and and no one would know how many coats it had if you stripped it down to bare metal.....
74 Plymouth Duster- restoring

77 Dodge D150 shortbox- as long as i don't change my mind will be a step side dually diesel or a 383 powered truck

04 durango 4.7

Offline RUSTY Cuda

• One big step foward!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005 - 07:38:35 AM »
Just like old muscle, mopar at the top of the list but I'd own others if the oppertunity was there, growing up around these cars was great, a guy had a sweet 75 chevy across the street from me, then a nice 65 gto, I had a 66 gto, wouldn't mind a 65 in my future, but I'd go for a 65 satilite or fury first! I had a 65 440 4 sp satilite , love that body style! Rich.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005 - 08:52:54 AM »

I must say that my option isn't there.........

Basically ANY MoPar is what I like. Numbers, Non-Numbers, Old, New, Slant 6 or HEMI....any.

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005 - 09:25:48 AM »

I must say that my option isn't there.........

Basically ANY MoPar is what I like. Numbers, Non-Numbers, Old, New, Slant 6 or HEMI....any.

Oh yeah!!

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2005 - 10:23:37 AM »
Screw #s.  If it has the pentastar on the body somewhere, and it drives, I love it.

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2005 - 11:47:16 AM »
I never cared too much about 100% numbers matching.  The way I look at it is if it is numbers matching it is a bonus!  Now if I were looking at buying a T/A or AAR I would have to have it numbers matching.  I guess that will never happen (for me anyway!)  The funny thing is, the longer I have my Cuda, the more interested I am in the numbers. 

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2005 - 12:24:19 PM »
Number's matching is nice if available but I am happy with a non matching number's car too!! 

Offline KellysCuda aircard

• Its good to be blown
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2005 - 05:06:06 PM »
I would have to agree, it dont matter to me if its numbersmatching, as long as its the kind of car you like. mine was a 318 car but it runs way better with the 440 in it....lol

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2005 - 11:18:57 AM »
I love correctness, #'s are just a bonus.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2005 - 11:40:46 AM »
Though #3 can describe what I'm doing to my '73, I like any MoPar whether it's a factory correct car or a highly modified drag racer.
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2005 - 12:06:04 PM »
I am bored by the stock HP in my cars , I always have to get more out of them , , I can appreciate #s matching but would not own one there needs to be unmodified originals , the challenge of maximizing the potential is way more fun

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline 6pkrunner

• Evil Monkey in Runner
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2005 - 03:42:45 PM »
I love to see the over-the-top restorations that reproduce the car exactly as it was built. This for the top end limited production cars. That said, I'm also glad its guys who can afford these museum pieces. When you get double commas these aren't cars anymore but museum pieces.
 I was the hot rod junkie growing up with the belief that the factory gave you the basics and you had to build it yourself. Older now, I appreciate the factory efforts a lot more and like a restified version. Upgraded suspension, brakes, and powerplant, but factory looks. Funny how time alters your point of view.