highest offers you have turned down?

Author Topic: highest offers you have turned down?  (Read 5000 times)

Oldschool

Re: highest offers you have turned down?
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2005 - 07:32:38 AM »
A383---I know the Viper is slick looking and newer technology, but can you honestly say that you would rather own a Viper?  You can look in the car ads and get a Viper on any given day.  Try that with an older Cuda  :banghead: Vipers really turned heads when they were new, but now they are more commonplace. But your Cuda on the other hand gets attention everywhere it goes.  :wow: My opinion is this:  If you want a Viper, rent one every now and then, and keep your Cuda.  :burnout:  ........................Oldschool

Offline Prowler Orange Challenger

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2005 - 09:45:25 AM »
Keep the Cuda. The Viper is nice but, Viper parts may be a little more expensive than most Cuda parts. Just go price some of the engine parts including an performance PCM (Powertrain Control Module).

Offline A383Cuda

• Sal's Muscle Cars
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2005 - 09:50:30 AM »
I was thinking about trading him and selling itto buy another Cuda, maybe a convertible. Risky, because nothing is lined up. Funny about the gutting issue. He wants to take out the 383 and auto, and add a Hemi and 4 speed. I don't necessarily think this will hurt the value of the car, but I'd rather see it done to a plain jane. It just doesn't make sense to do it to a 1 of 79 car. I told him this, but he didn't seem to care.

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2005 - 10:07:45 AM »
He's an idiot!
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline R/T

• Johnson City TN
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2005 - 10:39:23 AM »
1973 Challenger (OO/=====\OO)  440 
Hemis and Harleys
2008 Dodge Ram Big Horn Edition  5.7 Hemi

Offline Prowler Orange Challenger

« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2005 - 10:51:08 AM »
Well, if that's the case I would keep your Cuda. That Viper is worth what about $40k I would imagine if you did trade and bought a Cuda Convertible would that be enough to buy even a nice 383 Cuda Vert?

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2005 - 11:34:23 AM »
I was thinking about trading him and selling itto buy another Cuda, maybe a convertible. Risky, because nothing is lined up. Funny about the gutting issue. He wants to take out the 383 and auto, and add a Hemi and 4 speed. I don't necessarily think this will hurt the value of the car, but I'd rather see it done to a plain jane. It just doesn't make sense to do it to a 1 of 79 car. I told him this, but he didn't seem to care.

Won't hurt the cars value as it can always be returned to original.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline 68 A

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2005 - 01:03:04 PM »
i wouldnt sell to someone that was gonna mess up a numbers car
'68 Barracuda in long term restoration
'70 Dart Swinger for crusin
'88 Mastercraft Prostar 190
'01 Dakota daily driver

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2005 - 01:51:36 PM »
 I have had several offer to sell my 71 Challenger RT Lt. Gunmetal Met. the last being from a guy about to retire and move to Florida. He wanted a AC automatic car and offered $30,000 but my wife said I would not be happy and would either have to build or buy another Challenger. I've owned it since 1989 and it was restored in a 2 car garage with most of the work being done by me. I also had a chance to sell both my 70 Cuda and 71 Challenger RT package deal for $75,000, but I really wondered if the guy could of come up with the money or if he was just fishing to see if I would sell it for. I think their are alot of people out their that are wanting to know what our cars can be bought for and they pass it on to people that are looking to buy one.

:wavingflag:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006 - 02:56:24 PM by Rev-It-Up »

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline A383Cuda

• Sal's Muscle Cars
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2005 - 10:11:30 AM »
Good points everyone. I am going to look at the Viper this morning. The guy says they are in a showroom on the second floor of his garage. I don't know about you guys, but a two story garage with a show room is something I have to check out. The guy that bought my Corvette had a warehouse filled with about 4 million dollars worth of Auburns, Cords, Corvettes, and Shelbys; and he was impressed with the Viper guy's collection. So...I have to go, even if it's just to check out his setup. I will be taking my camera. Will post PICS later. Definitely leaning towards keeping the Cuda though. Of course a little cash always sweetens the deal.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2005 - 11:38:47 AM »
I`m not sure how much I turned down on my Chall , last year a guy called & said he hed to have the car & would pay my price , I just laughed & said that if I sold him my car the hunt woul dbe on to find another Purple R/T SE 440 4spd Chall & that if he had to pay that much to find one what would I have to pay to replace it & turned down his offer 
 Vipers are still dropping price although I wanted a GTS ACR that was available a couple of years ago

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Cannibal94

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2005 - 08:53:57 AM »
I was offered 30K for mine when I was in the middle of restoring it.  Of course he was going to strip it all down and clone it only to make $$.  I would have to kick my own ace if I would have sold it.  I would rather enjoy it the way it is now and maybe clone it myself later in life but only to keep it, not to make money off of it.  Too much work and too many memories!  :undercar:

Offline A383Cuda

• Sal's Muscle Cars
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2005 - 01:26:23 PM »
Well I showed up and the guy had a pretty nice setup. The showroom was in fact up on the second floor of his garage behind glass windows in what looked similar to a skybox. He had some very nice Vipers there. He showed me the car he was interested in trading. It was not black, but steel gray with silver stripes and black interior. A pretty nice car. They were all GTS Coupes, two of them with 0 miles. I told him that I had noticed that Kelly BB only showed his car to be worth 45K private party and he complained my car was not a bloomington gold rotisserie restored car. I laughed and pointed out to him that an E body such as that would be 100k plus. Besides, if my car had in fact been a rotisserie restoration, I would not have driven it over there. He still asked if I'd trade staright across, but I refused. If anyone out there has a 98-100 pt. E body showcar with a big block that they'd be willing to trade for his Viper, let me know. I'll put you in contact with him.....like that would ever happen.  :screwy:

Offline onebadhemi

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2005 - 03:36:27 PM »
Nice viper but.................. a smart choice for keeping your car :clapping:

1970 R/T Challenger
1971 Pro street"HEMI" Challenger
2003 V-10 Ram 2500 Q/C
2006 Charger R/T