Author Topic: Went to an auction today.......... saw some Mopars on the block  (Read 755 times)

Offline gomangoRT/SE

Went to an auction today.......... saw some Mopars on the block
« on: November 05, 2005 - 04:37:11 PM »
I spent half a day today at a collector car auction...........saw a 70 Challenger 318 car cloned with a 440 magnum with shaker hood.   Inner fenders were having a serious reaction problem with some squigglies............  Didnt even have the rally gauges........standard black interior........was air car with all the air taken off.     This car went for $28,000   ........wow do i feel good about my real R/T SE car.      I sit around the better part of 2 hours to see a 70 Plum Crazy purple Super Bee with white stripes white interior car sell.     Car was very well documented 6 pak car with a replacement block...........nice rottisserie ( i never spell that right) a nice car in many ways...... Although I hate to see the paint literally coming off the valve covers.    Car went thru at $58,500 and owner would not accept the offer.    Again well documented car but replacement block.    I thought the price was fair.     Just for everyones info.......

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
  • Don't Ever, Ever Give Up
Re: Went to an auction today.......... saw some Mopars on the block
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005 - 06:55:26 PM »
I spent half a day today at a collector car auction...........

UUMMMMMMMMMMM
1970 Challenger R/T 383  Matching#s JS23N0E under construction. It's Plum Crazy
SOLD

Offline lumpy

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005 - 08:54:34 PM »
Where was the auction? Who put it on? I saw the same kind of prices at a Mecum Auction in Des Moines in August, base model Chally took 19K!!! On the other hand, look what I picked up at an auction last Sat for five bucks!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4586196028&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3AEOISSAA%3AUS%3A11

Offline gomangoRT/SE

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005 - 08:54:27 AM »
Wow lumpy, you saying you paid $5.00 for that transmission case??     What a steal, many a man would love to have that to stamp and make a numbers matching transmission.     Super steal.......
The auction I went to was in Paducah Ky.   They had 200 plus cars.  The auctioneer was Smiths.  I was told they travel the Missouri, Kentucky and Tennessee regions and put on these auctions.   They had some very nice rides......  57 fuel injested convertible Bel Air.     A few 409 cars,   several early Corvettes etc.     Cars brought in some cases more than I would have expected.    The Challengers only redeeming feature was the shaker hood and shaker set up........   they had done a good job on the paint job on the sides, however under the hood they left items off and painted over the brake lines everywhere and there was alot of paint on the inner fenderwells.......thick!!   
No rally gauges and the car seemed to have been put together quickly for a sale.......