Finally some headway!

Author Topic: Finally some headway!  (Read 2710 times)

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
Finally some headway!
« on: November 09, 2005 - 11:15:20 AM »
Finally got the K frame and suspension back in the car. It's going to the paint shop this weekend so I need to get some wheels on it. The painter will have it till around May. He's a body guy by trade but is doing this as a fill in whenever he can get to it. The collision repair takes priority so I hope there aren't any auto accidents around here for the next few months!

Oldschool

Re: Finally some headway!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005 - 11:18:50 AM »
Lookin' good!!  Do you hope to have her on the road next summer?  I may have missed other posts, but what engine/tranny etc are you planning to run?  Keep going, the end is in sight!...............Oldschool

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005 - 12:26:34 PM »
Looking good P6P!!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005 - 12:28:20 PM »
Love seeing plans start to come together!
Looking good!

mopar_guy333

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005 - 12:33:34 PM »
i Agree, it may take a while,but you sure are going to happy when it is all said and done! i bet you just cant wait.good luck.

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005 - 01:31:59 PM »
Lookin' good!!  Do you hope to have her on the road next summer?  I may have missed other posts, but what engine/tranny etc are you planning to run?  Keep going, the end is in sight!...............Oldschool
Hope to have it at least running by June, I'd really like to have it all together by at least end of summer 06.
The engine is a 500 6pak stroker, auto trans, 8-3/4 rear 3:55 sure grip. The engine is anxiously waiting for the buggy to get done and you know how anxious horses get when they can't get out and run! The engine runs at 560 hp at the crank, 590 fpt. Thanks for the comments, if it's even half as bad arse as yours, I'll be Plum-happy.

Looking good P6P!!
Thanks Rev, and again if it looks 1/10th what yours does, I'll have accomplished more than I expected.

Love seeing plans start to come together!
Looking good!
Thanks HemiDog, you and me both! Hopefully it will look good sometime soon, but now I'm just happy it's able to roll on tires again!

i Agree, it may take a while,but you sure are going to happy when it is all said and done! i bet you just cant wait.good luck.
Yeah, you are right on, can't wait, I've got plenty to do though while it's at the shop, the work never ends!

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005 - 04:32:22 PM »
Glen,
  I have good news. No major pile-ups are expected in your area anytime soon(LOL). Great work guy. I hope it all works out for you(thumbs-up).

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005 - 04:47:00 PM »
That is great news Plum!  Maybe you can work really hard and have it ready in time to bring to Carlisle '06. 

Offline RUSTY Cuda

• One big step foward!
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005 - 04:50:15 PM »
lookin good,running next spring sounds great,  I might make it to roller by next spring, but I think a year or so after that before she pulls out under her own power! (I hope) Rich.

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005 - 05:31:27 PM »
MEK, LMAO on your pile-up forecast!! Hope you're right, and April, Carlisle sounds awesome but just a bit too far even if I finished it in time, at these gas prices I could buy a Hemi Cuda by the time I pay for gas to drive there and back! Still planning on flying down this coming year if all works out. Hope you get yours going sooner than that Rich, the work you are doing looks like it's progressing along pretty good, I've got to hand it to you, I wouldn't have the patience to accomplish what you've done and the determination you have at getting it right. A year and a half isn't so bad though when you look what you'll have and the satisfaction of doing everything yourself. Thanks everyone for your kind words!

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2005 - 08:18:21 PM »
Looking good so far. Glad to see you put the spindles on backwards so as to clear the factory sway bar.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2005 - 09:38:03 PM »
Looking good so far. Glad to see you put the spindles on backwards so as to clear the factory sway bar.

Good eye, figures you would notice that! I'm kinda surprised you didn't also tell me the setup is off of a 74 Duster, J/K, but you really do have a great eye for details. The cool thing is that when I took the rotors off of the Duster in to have them surfaced, they weren't even worn from the factory new specs. They only had to run a light pass over them to get rid of the shine. That's probably due to HD brakes on a light weight slant 6 car.

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2005 - 09:48:45 PM »
Good eye, figures you would notice that! I'm kinda surprised you didn't also tell me the setup is off of a 74 Duster, J/K, but you really do have a great eye for details. The cool thing is that when I took the rotors off of the Duster in to have them surfaced, they weren't even worn from the factory new specs. They only had to run a light pass over them to get rid of the shine. That's probably due to HD brakes on a light weight slant 6 car.

Actually I did know they looked like A body stuff as I used the same set-up on my 72 Swinger, but other models like F,M,J and later E's also look the same.  Congrats on the not needing to replace rotors, I used some new off shore parts for mine as they were cheap(only non Mopar item) Are you going to add a large aftermarket front sway bar? The car really will respond well to it.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2005 - 10:50:03 PM »
Plum, that looks great back on the car!  Like JS27N0B, I too want to know if you're going with a larger sway bar on the front, as well as are you going to put one in the rear?  Also, did you use the factory strut rods or go with the new, heavy-duty units Mancini Racing sells?  I also was trying to figure out if you went with the larger C-body tie rod ends and sleeves, but I can't really tell it through a photo.  I just hope my move to upgrading everything to beefier aftermarket parts will benefit the ride/handling overall.  I almost forgot to ask you, what shocks are you planning on going with?  I've been thinking of returning my Monroe-Matic Plus cheapos for some Competition Engineering 3-way adjustable shocks for just a couple more $$. (they say they're not meant for street duty, yet I'd like to know what's up with that.)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005 - 10:52:36 PM by Street_Challenged73 »
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2005 - 12:38:28 AM »
It is defenitly getting the HD 1-1/8" front anti sway bar and rear as well. Haven't decided on the shocks yet, I'm just cramming to get this ready to get out of the garage by weekend. But I do want mine to handle good, not like my 69 RR. It had the factory anti sway bars and it still rode like a boat! I just rebuilt everything and went with the stock sizes and parts on all the steering components with exception of going poly on all the bushings and larger torsion bars, don't have the funds to get too extreme, those are some things I can do later on if I want and it won't be to hard to upgrade. It's also getting weld in sub-frame connectors, that will help stiffen things up a bit too.  If anyone has had good luck with or really likes the way their shocks help the handling, please let us know, that will be something I can be lining up in the next 6 months along with all the other things I need to get done before it gets back home. Thanks!