Author Topic: would someone help me?  (Read 2252 times)

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
  • Restore it dont crush it!
would someone help me?
« on: November 10, 2005 - 08:12:26 PM »
Hello all would someone with an ebay account with good feed back be willing to sell a car for me? if so i will pay you the 40 dollar charge and I will write up the info email it to you and im gonna take a crap load of pics that i will email them to you!! all you have to do is post it up!! I see alot of people on ebay selling cars for there friends so im assuming its legal! lol if anyone is willing pm me or post back thanks Kevin! oh by the way the only reason im not using my ebay account is iv never sold or bought anything off ebay so I have no feed back!! thanks again Kevin!
My family, My cars, My guns three things il fight for!!

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
Re: would someone help me?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005 - 08:51:12 PM »
That is the only reason? :)
Seriously, I would think if you are accurate with your info and make the description sincere you would be able to sell your car fine.  Plus, when the transaction is over and in good standing, selling a car successfully would go a long way for your credibility on eBay.

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005 - 09:23:04 PM »
That is the only reason? :)
Seriously, I would think if you are accurate with your info and make the description sincere you would be able to sell your car fine. Plus, when the transaction is over and in good standing, selling a car successfully would go a long way for your credibility on eBay.

I agree, everybody starts somewhere.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005 - 10:12:59 PM »
Am I missing something here??
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005 - 10:26:00 PM »
A little mis-communication going on 6pak? That was a bit over done don't you think? I'm not a mod but as a forum member, that kind of talk belongs somewhere else not here. We are all friends here and that includes you, I'm sure everyone will agree that what you just said wasn't called for.

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005 - 10:45:05 PM »
Ummm...Hey Kev....I don't see where anyone said anything negative.  You OK?
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005 - 02:48:57 AM »
Its ok mate, stress gets to all of us at times, I think we just had a little mis-communication.

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005 - 05:09:56 AM »
Everyone has to start somewhere but zero feedback will scare away a lot of potetial buyers.the first thing I do when I see an item I`m interested in is check the sellers feedback and if it`s not in the high 90`s I am leary.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2005 - 07:24:31 AM »
Everyone has to start somewhere but zero feedback will scare away a lot of potetial buyers.the first thing I do when I see an item I`m interested in is check the sellers feedback and if it`s not in the high 90`s I am leary.

I agree, I've sold quite a bit, I believe I'm in the high 80's or so and a person really should sell a few small items before attempting an automobile. Besides, a large item like that and with zero feed back, will scare away a lot of potential buyers. I've also seen a lot of people selling for others. Makes a one large item sell easier if it needs to be put up quckly and you have no feedback to speak of. Also, there are a lot of scammers out there and someone new to the eBay scene could get taken badly. Hope 6pak will not just run off and stay away because of this, he was sincere in asking for help, I feel the replys were just fine from my perspective but maybe he was just having a bad day as others have said. We all make mistakes at times and fly off the handle, once it's out, it's like toothpast, once it's out, hard to shove it back in the tube. No harm done.

Offline lumpy

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2005 - 07:43:21 AM »
Hello all would someone with an ebay account with good feed back be willing to sell a car for me?

NO!!! I was actually going to help you, until I read your comments to other members. I'm sure you make alot of friends THAT way!!! Anyway it was worth a good laugh.

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2005 - 09:43:59 AM »
Most uncharacteristic of Kevin? But I know he is a young guy just recently married and expecting a baby next year. Not making excuses, but he is probably doing something (selling a car) he dosen't want to but finances require.....? I beleive his outburst was a spill over from another thread's response, not this one. And if I had an e-bay account I would help him out, but I have never bought or sold anything on e-bay.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Bart

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2005 - 09:53:40 AM »
40 bucks is not going to cover the fee, there also a % on the sale. 0 feed back can also mean your not a dealer/scammer as I bought a car from E-bay (Camaro), this guy had 0 feed back but the car was everything he said. Now with 0 feed back I just figured this guy is new to E-bay and is not in the car selling business.So you can take feed back either way..................

just my .2 worth..........
1970 Cuda 383
2008 Titan
2010 G37s
1996 Advantage Victory 27 502ci
2013 HD Roadking

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2005 - 10:57:24 AM »
I am just going to overlook that reply.  Definitely seemed uncharacteristic.  Sorry you took the comment the wrong way.  It was meant to be a little ribbing.

From my point of view, I know there are plenty of people out there that would like to sell their car's and their local market for a newpaper ad just won't cut it.  EBay is a huge, easy, and well known place to look for cars.  Given that, seeing a car sold by a 0 feedback person wouldn't initially turn me away.  It is very probable that it is their first time using eBay for those reasons.  What I look for is the story of why the car is being sold, accuracy of the description of the condition, pictures of the key areas, and details to the financial situtuation of the car (if it has a lien on it).

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2005 - 02:11:25 PM »
I'd have to agree with what Hemi Dog had to say.  Though 0 feedback will keep some members from bidding on the car, that doesn't mean the others won't.  Provided the information included in the auction is very discriptive and matches up with the flaws you can see in the included photos, then I wouldn't have any problem bidding on that car or anything other for that matter.  Best of luck with the auction 6Pak2Go, whether you decide to list it yourself or can find someone else willing to do it for you.  (I don't have a sufficient feedback rating, so I can't help you out any with that aspect.)
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2005 - 03:04:37 PM »
Hmmmm    Kev . . I'm concerned??  I agree with REV and really don't see where anyone attacked you?? 

I do agree that everyone has to start somewhere when it comes to e-bay.  If a seller has 0 feedback, usually the first thing I would do is call him and talk to him about the product that he has for sale.  I can usually tell how sincere and honest someone is through the tone and sound of their voice.  Then if possible have a member from here or if close enough. travel to check the validility to the auction.  I would never just turn away from the auction because of 0 feedback.   

What do you think your opening bid is gonna be??