MOPAR toys and stuff!!

Author Topic: MOPAR toys and stuff!!  (Read 3187 times)

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
Re: MOPAR toys and stuff!!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2005 - 06:34:02 AM »
4C,

Thanks for the link.  Not too many Mopars, but I'll pick up all I can.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2005 - 08:49:35 AM »
Cool stuff!  I love all those die cast!

Hey 4c, where did you get the Radio Controlled car?  Did they have a Challenger or other muscle car in that series?  Was it in a hobby store or chain store?  I've been looking for an RC Challenger but can't find anything.  The closest thing I could find is a 'Cuda in 1/10 scale, just the body only.  That one looks like 1/24 scale.  Thanks in advance for the info!

The pics I posted are the ones that I found in the last few months, some when Chryco was here.  I have many die cast cars and more that are around the house here and there!!  lol  I remote one that I just got was one my brother found for me and picked up at a store called Tractor Supply.  Interesting place to find it I thought?? 

Sorry REV . . . although I've seen a few that I liked, I have no challengers at all. 

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2005 - 09:02:48 AM »
That's OK 4C...I still love ya!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2005 - 11:42:07 AM »
Thanks for the reply, 4C!

Just went to Toys R Us, picked one up over there.  They're bigger than I thought, not 1/24 but actually 1/16 scale.  I'm going to try to modify it so it looks like my car.  (I know, it's a 'Cuda and my car is a Challenger.)  We'll see what "Franken Mobile" I make it into.

I went on the website for the company that makes them, Nikko, and saw they also have a Charger coming out, a '67 Camaro, '69 GTO and 2 BIG 1/10 scale cars, a '72 Trans Am and a '70 Plymouth Superbird.  They have the "Bling" rims on them.  The 1/10 scale cars have engine sounds supposedly.  This might be the only chance I get to own a Superbird!  LOL!

Here's thier site:  http://www.nikkoamerica.com/rc_vehicles/index.htm

Look under "Cars" then MUGs (Muscle Under Glass).
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005 - 11:43:57 AM by Super Blue 72 »
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2005 - 01:16:40 PM »
I guess it wouldnt be too hard to replace those 'BLING* wheels, But I dont think its gonna be too easy converting a 'cuda to a challenger without adding alot of weight.

Most of the wheels on those ones (except the firebird and superbird) would look good as they are or spraypainted black

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
  • Restore it dont crush it!
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2005 - 03:58:16 PM »
i had thought about selling some of my johnny lightnings how much do you think i could get out of them?
My family, My cars, My guns three things il fight for!!

Offline Hopalong

• HEAD OFF! Apply directly to the neck line!
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2005 - 04:14:46 PM »
I just counted 76 mopars from hot wheels and johnny lightning hanging on the wall behind my computer.  That dosn't include the three 10 gallon tote boxes full of them also.  Drives my wife nuts 'cause I have so many.  Drives my kids nuts 'cause I won't open them.  I keep telling them, "College money".
{oo/===\oo}

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2005 - 04:52:08 PM »
i  think i have like 70 unopened johnnys! and 10 hot wheels a few matchboxs and few dubs and some muscle machines!! i have alot of mopar model cars that iv built!! and ford and chevy models too!

Offline xblade

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2005 - 07:58:41 PM »
was in wally world a few days ago and they had a "west coast choppers"  '71 'cuda RC car with real smokin' tires. I think it was orange with black WCC billboard.

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2005 - 08:00:01 PM »
cool il have to find one of them to add to my collection!

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2005 - 11:22:48 PM »
i  think i have like 70 unopened johnnys! and 10 hot wheels a few matchboxs and few dubs and some muscle machines!! i have alot of mopar model cars that iv built!! and ford and chevy models too!

I personally have payed $4.50 on Ebay for unopened Johnny Lightnings.

But, before you go that route, what all do you have?  I might be interested in some.  Any 2nd gen Barracudas, or 71-74 B bodies?

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2005 - 09:29:53 AM »
But, before you go that route, what all do you have?  I might be interested in some.  Any 2nd gen Barracudas, or 71-74 B bodies?

Do you just like Jonny Lightnings?  I've seen some '71-'74 Satalite/Road Runner type cars in JL and Hot Wheels on the shelves now.  The HW stuff is in 2 forms:  the "classic"  for about $3-$4 and then the collector stuff that's about $7-$8.  They look nice.  Actually, I think the HW cars are GTXs as I remember the logo.
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2005 - 09:37:29 AM »
Oh yeah, on the topic of RC Challengers, Radio Shack has thier line of little RC cars, called Zip Zaps.  They are about 3-4 inches long.

Depending if you get the digital proportioning or not, they have different models available but they also sell the body for the Hemi Orange Challenger from 2 Fast, 2 Furious.  It also comes with the blue Yenko Camaro and 2 sets of hubcaps.  The bodies are on clearance so they might be running out.

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2005 - 05:50:03 PM »
Do you just like Jonny Lightnings?  I've seen some '71-'74 Satalite/Road Runner type cars in JL and Hot Wheels on the shelves now.  The HW stuff is in 2 forms:  the "classic"  for about $3-$4 and then the collector stuff that's about $7-$8.  They look nice.  Actually, I think the HW cars are GTXs as I remember the logo.

I have no less than 4 of those HW GTXs.  Although, I wouldn't mind picking up one from the "Classic" series, as well as another 70 Runner and 67 Charger, and a 68 Dart from the same seres.  What I'd REALLY want is a 2nd gen Barracuda, or a 73-74 Runner.  Those aren't very common, and I love those cars.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2005 - 03:17:27 AM »
What I'd REALLY want is a 2nd gen Barracuda, or a 73-74 Runner.  Those aren't very common, and I love those cars.

Do you mean the '70-'74 Barracudas?  Matchbox has a pack of 5 muscle cars out now that has a medium blue Barrcuda in it.  I think that pack also had a '69 Camaro.  Once in a blue moon Hot Wheels will put out a convertible '70 'Cuda but not very often.  The last time I got one of those was a couple years ago, and I think it was a Treasure Hunt car or something wierd like that.

Johnny lightning has a line of 1/24 scale muscle cars out now.  Detail is nice.  As far as Mopar stuff goes, they currently have a yellow Super Bird, opening hood and doors, steerable front wheels.  A few month's ago they had out a FM3 Panther Pink Cuda with shaker hoos scoop, louvers, and Go Wing.  Unfortunately the door don't open.  I happened to find a White Lightning version that has a white interior and white Crager rims.  It doesn't look as nice but I got it because of its rarity, 1-7% of these cars are White lightning, according to JL. 

I don't go out looking for White Lightnings or Treasure Hunt cars on purpose to collect.  It consumes a lot of time and $$$.  I just bump into things once in a while that I like when I'm already out shopping. I met one guy that has literally a whole garage full.  Now he doesn't want them and can't get rid of them.