does any one here have/had a 6 pac?

Author Topic: does any one here have/had a 6 pac?  (Read 2522 times)

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
  • Restore it dont crush it!
does any one here have/had a 6 pac?
« on: November 16, 2005 - 07:15:31 PM »
hey has any one here have or have had a 6 pac?? im wanting one for my 360 i since im getting ride of the cuda (it was gonna be a 440 6) since thatis lost im thinking about making the dart a 360 6 pac my question is is it worth it?? i found a small block 6 pac kit on bay for 2000 bucks it comes wiht hte intake carbs linkage and 6 pac breather ! not a bad deal but is it worth I want it couse they look and sounds cool to say! but is it worth it for the money?? or would i be better of the buy a good demon 4 brl? thanks Kevin!
My family, My cars, My guns three things il fight for!!

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
Re: does any one here have/had a 6 pac?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005 - 07:28:18 PM »
Kevin,

I have had both a 6 pack 440 and a 6 pack 340 and I also installed the 6 pack on a 273.  I loved it on all vehicles.  I had the 273 in a 64 Barracuda and it was a 4 speed.  It ran great and had all kinds of power.  The 340 was in a dart with the 6 pack it also ran great with great power.  The 440 6 pack ran the best with the most power.  It was a 6 pack cuda and wish I had it back.  It was a b5 with black interior.  I had it while in College,  bought it from a classmate.

Gordon
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005 - 07:59:24 PM »
is it worth the extra money or should i just get a good 4 brl?

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005 - 08:10:55 PM »
The power diffence is incredible.. Go for the 6 pack if possible and you will see what I am talking about.
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005 - 08:12:53 PM »
yea i want one really bad i love em!! (hince my name) but it would be hard for me to come up with 2000 bucks! any one here got an extra one laying around they want to sell!! intake or carbs eithor or, or both?

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005 - 09:00:45 PM »
Kev if your serious I'd say go with a new set up unless you can find a used one from an honest and reliable trustworthy source. To buy a used one and then have to rebuild the carbs and have them set up properly will cost a bundle in labor alone, not that the new carb won't require some tweeking, but I'd have to vote for a new setup. The 2K sounds a bit high honestly for a small block, I know it's been a couple years ago but I paid total $1800.00 for the 440 set up, eddy. alumn. intake, holly carbs, all linkage, complete air cleaner with a K/N element. Is it worth it? Yes, it is an expensive but easy bolt on hp boost for sure, not to mention the mystique of the name and the look. In a word (s), it'll put a "sh!t eatin grin" on your face,lol. I don't know where that expression came from but some of us good ole boys will understand,lol.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Oldschool

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005 - 09:07:44 PM »
I have had several friends that had 6 paks and I have had several cars with multiple carb set-ups.  Nothing quite like it. To me tweaking and getting every last ounce of perfromance out of them is half the fun. They are not that complicated. Three separate 2 bbl carbs. First you get them right individually and then you get the linkage set up the way you want the others to come in. If you are a tinkerer, you will love em. Don't be intimidated--there really simple to deal with. And that big ole grin just stays on your face. Not to mention the performance..............Oldschool

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005 - 05:22:06 AM »
I`ve never had one but most people you talk to agree a good four barrell is as good or better than a six-pak performance wise.You may get a better kick going from two to six barrells as opposed to two to four but 1/4 mile times would not be any better.I would love a six-pak strictly from a visual standpiont but I couldn`t justify spending $2000 just for the cool factor especially if money was tight.Why not sell the Dart and keep the `cuda as just having the `cuda is high on the cool chart over a Dart?(No offense to your Dart,LOL)
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005 - 06:09:58 AM »
I've owned both 440-6 and 340-6 cars. From my experience, the small block was overcarburated. Thats a lot of CFM for a 340-360. It did not run bad, but just felt like the throttle response could have been better.I played around with it quite a bit, but just never could seem to get it spot on to my liking.  Now if you ran a stroker small block, that might be a pretty good setup. As far as visual impact, the only engine with more under hood appeal is a hemi. The six pack setups look cool, and when those outboard carbs open up, they have a unique sound all thier own.
They are easy to setup, as the outboard carbs act as basicly vacume actuated secondries. They open via vacume pods, and you can change springs to either slow or speed up the opening rate and point. The big blocks take well to them, every 440 I had with a 6bbl setup on it ran very well. A well tuned 6bbl setup will give most hemis a run for it's money till that top end hemi charge kicks in.

Bottom line, if you just want performance and bang for the buck, buy a 4 bbl. If you are looking for under hood impact, get the 6bbl setup.

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005 - 04:32:51 PM »
hey guys thanks for the repleys im not sure want im gonna do yet but i really want a 6 pac!! i have a 360 to put in the dart but iv been thinking about a 440 6 pac for the dart!! good idea? lol an torred no affence takin i know in alot (most) peoples eyes cudas and challengers are why cooler than darts but to me the dart has more sentamental value than the cuda!! dont get me wrong i love my cuda and all cudas and challengers for that matter but the main reasons im selling  the cuda over the dart are, i can get alot more money out of the cuda iv had offers like 5 grand 4 grand etc! id be lucky to get 1 grand out of the dart and plus by dad bought me the dart for my 15th birthday and we worked on it together for a year and a half to get it road worthy and it was my everyday driver for 3 years i drove it through highschool and it has alot of sentamental value to me!! when i turned 19 i deceded to restore it and iv been working on it for 3 years and its almost done all i lack is the motor im not giving up now!! the cuda needs a complete restore i dont have the money nor the time for it!! i really dont want to sell it but I need a home for my family and it has to go!! thanks for your repleys keep em coming Kevin!

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005 - 04:58:11 PM »
I can understand the sentimental thing for the Dart.I always wanted to restore my first car,a `68 Chevelle SS,originally a 396 4 spd but only had a 307 powerglde in it.My father gave me advice and helped with it but I had to sell it for college money then dropped out one semester later,oh well.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005 - 05:00:47 PM »
yea thats how it happends! im know im gonna regreat selling the cuda but my family is first!!! oh yea the 6 pack setup i found on ebay is nos never used!! it comes with all new carbs intake linkage lines breather and breather sticker that reads 340 6 pac! the buy it know is 1925.00 is that a good deal?

Offline 440_72cuda

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005 - 05:05:54 PM »
i know were one is for $1000 cad funds

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2005 - 05:09:29 PM »
i know were one is for $1000 cad funds

You better jump on it. That is stealing. Get as many as you can(LOL).

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline 440_72cuda

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2005 - 05:13:05 PM »
it comes with carbs and linkage, manifold maybe more