Author Topic: 1970 challenger convertible paint color  (Read 796 times)

Offline pettybluecuda

• www.cudaregistry.com
    • 70-74 barracuda-cuda' registry
1970 challenger convertible paint color
« on: November 17, 2005 - 01:15:55 AM »
Im just unsure what color i want black or yellow.
Later,
Jesse Lee

Oh yeah with a shaker!

Offline 70Cuda

• 70 Cuda 383 70 Challenger 440+6 71 Challenger 383
Re: 1970 challenger convertible paint color
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005 - 08:58:54 PM »
That kind of depends on how much and where you want the car to "pop".  The black with black stripes is much more subtle whereas you can't help noticing a bright yellow car with black stripes.  I have a 71 Citron Yella (yes, that is the official GY3 color name) which is a nice driver and it gets more looks than my FE5 Ralley Red show car going down the street.

So, if you are going to sit around and look at the car and the body is going to be perfect, black is great but if you want something you can't help seeing from a mile away, go with the yellow and black.  My 70 EV2 Hemi Orange car has the logitudinal stripe and I like that quite a bit however, I like the bumble bee stripes on a yellow and black car just because...  The blacked out hood stripe treatment looks good too but sounds like you are going with a shaker so nevermind on that.  Black with an argent shaker bubble looks good too of course.  Maybe the hood will become your decision point here and if yellow with an argent bubble doesn't work for you than that leaves you with the black option.