Author Topic: Best resto parts supplier?  (Read 3230 times)

Offline cudacharlie

• 70 Cuda convert, 70 Charger R/T
Best resto parts supplier?
« on: November 18, 2005 - 07:54:59 PM »
Ok, so it's finally time to begin amassing parts for the resto of my 'Cuda convertible....  and the question is, who should be my first call for the big, multi-page orders?

Dante's?  Jim's?  Jack's?  Harden's?  Layson's?  or just go with YearOne and Paddock?

I'll be needing the full Palco interior, carpet, wiring, trim bits, the whole nine yards...  Any success or horror stories to relate regarding any of the above (or any others I don't know about)?

Thanks in advance!
70 Cuda convert
70 Charger R/T
06 Magnum SRT8

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
  • Restore it dont crush it!
Re: Best resto parts supplier?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005 - 08:00:30 PM »
i think yearone or paddock is best! iv never ordered from paddock but i have from year one and i got the right part and the highest price lol na they aint that much higher that anywhere else!! id browes ebay before i ordered anyhting sometimes you can find good deals on ebay!
My family, My cars, My guns three things il fight for!!

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005 - 08:08:13 PM »

Jimsautoparts - SUCK!! I hate to keep repeating myself about it but it's true and MANY agree.

Year One have been the ones involved with my car. They are excellent, there prices vary and are usually a little more than other places but the service is what you pay for. They ship usually 4 days from GA to my door in New Zealand. Great friendly emails, one to one customer care. I buy at YO knowing my parts and myself will be looked after.

Tony's parts sell NOS and hard to find pieces, they are good, and there service has been getting better. Emails are a little vague.

eBay is where I've found some NOS and hard to find pieces.

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005 - 09:31:40 PM »
I'd have to say Year One, Paddock, and Mancini Racing are among the places I've bought most of the parts I have replaced so far and they all seem to have great service and somewhat competitive prices.
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005 - 09:46:06 PM »
I have had good luck with Hardens.  Some things can be at a better price from them.  I have bought some of my parts from the suppliers directly.  Get a Mopar or Cuda Challenger mag and they will have the right vendors in them.  That is what I do.  I like to price around and get the best deal.
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005 - 12:07:34 AM »
I have had very good luck with Hardens but have bought from year one and paddock. Hardens has been cheaper on many items such as the interior door and rear panels I bought for $550.00 with shipping included. I would also watch ebay as many items for my Cuda and Challenger came from ebay. Only problem with ebay is like year one and the paddock they are sometimes very high on shipping. Dante's sell's on ebay and looks like some of their items are a pretty good buy but you need to check around for the best price and I bet it will not be Year One.

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline 528 Hemi Cuda

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005 - 12:38:40 AM »
We use Yearone a lot and we have used Jack's Auto Parts for hard to find items.  The great thing about Yearone is if you have to send a part back for whatever reason they never give you any guff.  We have also used Tony's, Paddock, and Hardens. 
Pink Ice 

Offline rchurch

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2005 - 01:08:33 AM »
If you shop at year one, you jsut have to have some patience & a list. Whenever you get one of those 10% cards order big. If you break a grand.... not difficult to do with a few big items, you get that 10% plus an additional 10% calculated from the original purchase price off. So that at least brings the price down 20% total. For Me personally since they are outside california, it is an additional 7.75% off because no sales tax. The tax one basically covers shipping costs. If you shop right you can atleast shop competitively price wise at year one with good timing

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2005 - 05:05:07 AM »
Like NZ I hate to keep repeating myself....no wait I actually like taking away his businesss,(payback LOL)...STAY AWAY from Jim`s!! rchurch has the best way to go which is what I try to do.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Swedefish

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2005 - 05:17:23 AM »
I`ve done some shopping from Year One ,and agree with NZ the service is super.

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2005 - 11:50:25 AM »
Year One has always been good to me, look after mistakes as well!
Legendary Auto Interiors has been good as well. If they make a mistake they make good on it too.

I assume no bussiness is perfect, so if something does go wrong it is how it is handled that determines my future bussiness dealings with them.
I give these suppliers A+.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2005 - 12:19:57 PM »
I think most of the best were named. I have dealt with them all but beware of what you are buying. Alot of places are selling cheap repro parts from china or who knows where.I bought a windshield washer hose kit and a battery hold down from Jack's and they were fine for about a year. Then the rubber hose on the washers keeps spliting and the battery hold down coating just peel off. It was like some kind of vinly instead of tar. Year One is priced a bit higher but there products are usually the best on the market. BEWARE OF A LOW PRICE !!!!
JS27
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006 - 12:52:22 PM by Rev-It-Up »
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline cudacharlie

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2005 - 12:53:55 PM »
Thanks for the opinions, kids!  No surprises there, I just wasn't sure if it was Jack's or Jim's that people hated! 

I've been all over eBay for a while, stacking up the little things that YO doesn't have, like NOS turn signal lenses, dash switches, power window switches, etc., but when it comes time for the Palco interior and other big-ticket items, I like the idea of the 10% plus 10% YO discount.

Thanks again, friends!
70 Cuda convert
70 Charger R/T
06 Magnum SRT8

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2005 - 02:35:44 PM »
I dont know about anybody else, but all the palco interior panels I've seen just dont cut it. I'd hunt down an original set in decent shape, and redye the panels if i had to. The aftermarket e-body interior panels are not very good from what I've seen.

Year One is a good vendor, but shop the prices and on some things you can do way better. Good to put together BIG orders from year one, you get the additional discount and the shipping is a little easier to take.

Jacks is OK, not much personality on the phone though...LOL.

Mancini is good on drivetrain parts.

Offline cudacharlie

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2005 - 08:20:09 AM »
Hey wait a minute, hemi71, I thought the Palco panels were the good ones?  Uh-oh.... 

Didn't I read some threads about how the ones that people were getting from YearOne weren't good, with screw holes not lining up and stuff, and how the Palco (or PUI?) panels were much better?   
70 Cuda convert
70 Charger R/T
06 Magnum SRT8