Author Topic: Best resto parts supplier?  (Read 3229 times)

Offline hemi71

• Resident
Re: Best resto parts supplier?
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2005 - 08:25:19 AM »
The palco panels may be the best of the aftermarket panels, but i have yet to see a set of aftermarket panels that match the originals for fit and "look".

Just my .02.

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2005 - 09:35:42 AM »
The palco panels may be the best of the aftermarket panels, but i have yet to see a set of aftermarket panels that match the originals for fit and "look".

Just my .02.

I agree, they are still inferior to O.E.  You would think that with the technology we have today this wouldn't be an issue.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline cudacharlie

• 70 Cuda convert, 70 Charger R/T
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2005 - 06:58:39 PM »
Hmmmm.. mine are originals, and mostly okay, except really smoothed-out and missing the grainy texture at the top (where your arm hangs out the window), and of course they are a bit chalky....  only one broken screw hole, but still, they look pretty ragged out....

I thought fresh ones would be just the ticket.... hmmm.
70 Cuda convert
70 Charger R/T
06 Magnum SRT8

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2005 - 07:21:18 PM »
You'd be amazed at how well they turn out after dying them.  It might be worth the $30 or $40 to try to use your old ones.  Worst case, you're out $40.
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline alohaautomotive

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2005 - 10:04:58 AM »
We generally restore ours in house. It takes a little while longer (and more expensive) than getting them repro'd. But in the long run it's worth the piece of mind knowing the car is original through and through. But that's when we start getting into the whole cost debate. A full restoration on a car here is in the $100-$150K range. But I think we do a good job :-p

Offline cudacharlie

• 70 Cuda convert, 70 Charger R/T
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2005 - 11:58:31 PM »
Yeah, but how the heck do you restore the grainy texture that's molded in at the factory and has been worn smooth by years of "thumbs-upping" out the window?  hee hee.

Re-dyeing, re-conditioning, and de-chalking I understand, but my panels are just plain OLD.  35-year-old plastics aren't up to the challenge...

And, since my Cuda is a clone anyway, true originality is not a major concern.   All in all, I think I'd rather have an attractive, new-looking aftermarket panel than an less-attractive original.  That's why the concern over Palco panels vs. Legendary....

The swap to power windows is going to be fun, though..... anybody got a spare set of E-Body convertible rear window power regulators? 

Didn't think so.......
70 Cuda convert
70 Charger R/T
06 Magnum SRT8