I was having withdrawals!!!!

Author Topic: I was having withdrawals!!!!  (Read 4968 times)

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
Re: I was having withdrawals!!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2005 - 11:57:29 AM »
Sorry to hear about Muggsey.  Poor pup.  Dogs are like part of the family, almost the same way children are.

It must've been really scary for you seeing him goe through what he did and all you could do is stand by and watch.  Kind of helpless but it's a good thing that he had that episode when you were at the hospital with the vet and not on the way home or at home.  Sort of like the car doesn't act up in front of the mechanic sort of thing.

I remember when my dog Lucky had problems.  I brought him to the vet like 3-4x in a week and a half.  He couldn't go poop and when he did he would howl in pain.  The vet said it was this and that but couldn't quite get the diagnosis.  He used to just lie down with his head on my lap and whimper in pain.  I just sat there holding him, feeling helpless.  He died just a day after his last visit to the vet.  My sister found him in the basement trying to hide under the basement sink.  He was born in our basement and there he died.  I was told that when a dog knows he's dying that he tries to hide himself.  It's been about 15 years and I still miss him a lot.  : (

Meds are really expensive.  True there is a lot of R + D to make these meds and true these are businesses trying to make money.  I wish they weren't so expensive too but I'm just happy that they make my thyroid medication!  I would be in pretty sad shape (if any shape at all) if I didn't have my meds.  There's so much variation in price.  Sure the vendors may buy at different prices but I think this sort of shows that there is a variance in the markup places charge to make $.

Have you tried mail order from Canada?  Heard it was much cheaper on the news.
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline Grancoupe

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2005 - 02:50:53 PM »
I was gonna mention Canada too. The American market has been fighting tooth and nail to lobby the Canadian market from getting into this country. I wonder why? I've heard that the same meds in Canada can be had for a fraction of the cost. American pharmceuticals would hate to have America aware of what could really be charged. On an international realm the US has really fallen behind in affordable medical treatment. Profit on pain and suffering...

Good Luck with the pup's treatment.

Offline oldmoparfan

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2005 - 03:46:08 PM »
Hello April,  Sure hope Muggsey get better soon. It is definitely distressing when your pet is ailing.  They get to be like family pretty quick.  My wife & I have a dog too, (all 13lbs 5oz of him) named Regis Maximillian.  (Yes, thats' right) So far no problems for him health wise, but he is only a little over 2 yrs old.  He is a Bichon-Frise.  Yeah, thats' right too.  My daughter calls him her brother.   Ha-ha!!!!!       Ovmf
'05 Dakota, '04 Town & Country, '82 Yamaha 650 Maxim, '72 360 Challenger

Offline Prowler Orange Challenger

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2005 - 08:20:42 PM »
Hey, April. I hope everything goes well for the dog. I know it can be tough when they are sick. I hope everything gets better for you and your little family member. Take care.

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2005 - 08:50:16 PM »
April, sorry to hear about your puppy, sure hope he is settled back to normal by now and hope the cost haven't been too demanding, but we do what we have to, to care for them. It can be hard to think of them as just pets, they become family to real pet lovers. I guess part of the reasons is that they trust us and depend on us as their "masters" to take care of them. We understand.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline 528 Hemi Cuda

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2005 - 11:42:28 PM »
April,
I hope your baby is doing better.  I know the feeling about finding out your dog has an illness.  We had a 13 year old Sheltie (Oddie).  One day he started drinking water constantly and when he tried to eat the food would get stuck on the roof of his mouth.  We took him to the Vet and found out he had Cushings Disease.  This disease also affects the Adrenlen Gland (sorry about the spelling).  Have you had a second oppion?  We would have taken Oddie to someone else but he died while he was at the Vet.  We were just glad he was not suffering anymore.  We sure do miss him but we have 2 more Shelties now.  We also have a 16 year old Collie.  We will probably lose her soon.  She is very hard of hearing and she stumbles and falls alot.  Let us know how your baby is doing. 
Pink Ice

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2005 - 08:13:24 AM »
May I interject here? On a lighter note you dear ladies here sure know how to care for an old dog with TLC, where do I sign up ? My dear wife is about at the end of her patience I do believe. lol.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2005 - 03:53:31 PM »
April,
   I only wish no more "bad poopies" for Muggsey(LOL).  Oh, you know what I mean!!!

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2005 - 04:06:28 PM »
  I'm glad that's turning out for the better April...c'mon Muggsey we'll all go ta Louie's for a soda!!!
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2005 - 02:19:47 PM »
April,
I hope your baby is doing better.  I know the feeling about finding out your dog has an illness.  We had a 13 year old Sheltie (Oddie).  One day he started drinking water constantly and when he tried to eat the food would get stuck on the roof of his mouth.  We took him to the Vet and found out he had Cushings Disease.  This disease also affects the Adrenlen Gland (sorry about the spelling).  Have you had a second oppion?  We would have taken Oddie to someone else but he died while he was at the Vet.  We were just glad he was not suffering anymore.  We sure do miss him but we have 2 more Shelties now.  We also have a 16 year old Collie.  We will probably lose her soon.  She is very hard of hearing and she stumbles and falls alot.  Let us know how your baby is doing. 
Pink Ice

I am so sorry to hear that PinkIce.  Cushings Disease is the exact opposite of Addison's Disease and both affect the adrenal glands.  In Oddie's case his glands produced too much of certian harmones where Muggsey does not produce enough.  I am so sorry you lost your baby.  As far as your Collie, are her joints arthritic?  There are lots of things available to help that if that is the case.  Please give your Collie and 2 Shelties some kisses for me.  Let me know if you have any dog medical questions, I'll help if I can!

April

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2005 - 03:20:41 PM »
April, I'm very sorry to hear you had to go through all of that and very glad it is going to work out okay. I know how tough it is, we went through a similar situation with Nanook, our Siberian Husky that I posted pictures of on another thread. He was diagnosed with an inoperable tumor so large and so extensive, that on the ultra-sound they couldn't even see most of his internal organs and only a tiny piece of his liver. Before the Dr said anything, just from the look on their faces and the look on the ultra-sound screen, my wife sat on the floor and wept like I've never seen before. They gave him a few weeks to live and said to call them as soon as we wanted them to come and put him to sleep. We didn't want to accept this and we got in touch with this wonderful lady Dr. who is a PHD nutritionist that had cured herself of cancer, she was sent home to die after all their chemo attempts failed, she had 16 areas of tumors in her body. Nothing they could do to save her. She started taking this product that she developed interveinously, that was 7 years ago and she doesn't have a tumor in her body today. It worked very well on our husky too!! When we e-mailed her, she quickly replied and put him on a special diet and had us give him this product twice a day and slowly he's gotten better every day. The tumor is almost gone now. I believe we should try as hard for our animals we love like we would anyone else. He lives a very happy normal life now and if we'd have just accepted his condition, he'd have been gone only a few short days or weeks after we got home from the vet. Sorry for the long story, hope it all works out with your little buddy! Please keep us up to date on how he's doing.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2005 - 03:33:21 PM »
April, I'm very sorry to hear you had to go through all of that and very glad it is going to work out okay. I know how tough it is, we went through a similar situation with Nanook, our Siberian Husky that I posted pictures of on another thread. He was diagnosed with an inoperable tumor so large and so extensive, that on the ultra-sound they couldn't even see most of his internal organs and only a tiny piece of his liver. Before the Dr said anything, just from the look on their faces and the look on the ultra-sound screen, my wife sat on the floor and wept like I've never seen before. They gave him a few weeks to live and said to call them as soon as we wanted them to come and put him to sleep. We didn't want to accept this and we got in touch with this wonderful lady Dr. who is a PHD nutritionist that had cured herself of cancer, she was sent home to die after all their chemo attempts failed, she had 16 areas of tumors in her body. Nothing they could do to save her. She started taking this product that she developed interveinously, that was 7 years ago and she doesn't have a tumor in her body today. It worked very well on our husky too!! When we e-mailed her, she quickly replied and put him on a special diet and had us give him this product twice a day and slowly he's gotten better every day. The tumor is almost gone now. I believe we should try as hard for our animals we love like we would anyone else. He lives a very happy normal life now and if we'd have just accepted his condition, he'd have been gone only a few short days or weeks after we got home from the vet. Sorry for the long story, hope it all works out with your little buddy! Please keep us up to date on how he's doing.

Glen,
    You might not want to tell all, but what is this wonder drug or herbal cure??? Seriously, this could help so many people. If you are in dire straights, why not try some alternative form? I applaud you. I would have done the same thing for my 19 year old cat that had kidney failure. Unfortunately, I chose to put him out of his misery.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2005 - 05:05:22 PM »
Hey April, not trying to hyjack your thread but I believe this is a good place to explain this a little. Please don't re-open that dog pound!

Glen,
    You might not want to tell all, but what is this wonder drug or herbal cure??? Seriously, this could help so many people. If you are in dire straights, why not try some alternative form? I applaud you. I would have done the same thing for my 19 year old cat that had kidney failure. Unfortunately, I chose to put him out of his misery.

Mike

It's called ProArgi-9, I'm not 100% sure what all is in it but I know that Dr. Ann Dewees Allen took L-arginine and purified it and made it so you could mix it with water or juice and take it orally. I guess there were serious side effects with taking the impure L-arginine that was already out on the market, including herpes. She sells it exclusively through a place called Synergy Worldwide, and can be purchased by anyone. Their web address is: http://synergyworldwide.com/SynergyCorp/Content.aspx?PageID=1336
They cannot even mention a word about it's effects on cancer or other health related issues due to regulations but there are many testimonials from people who have wrote her about their success with this product. Here's Dr. Allen's web site too:  http://www.anndeweesallen.com
No guarantees with this but as you have said, if you are in dire straights, why not try an alternative? My thoughts exactly! The vet can't figure it out, he said don't stop doing whatever it is your doing! He even said he believes Nook would probably die of something due to old age before that tumor ever gets him now. He's 11-1/2 years old now, I hope we get at least another couple of happy healthy years out of him. I'd even like to start taking it but we give it all to Nanook for now, sometime I will start taking it just to enhance my own life and maybe even prevent something from occurring later on. I believe Ghost ought to check into this, this may not be the answer but it's worth a try.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2005 - 05:53:34 PM »
Thanks for the info Glen(thumbs up).

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2005 - 01:09:58 PM »
Thanks for the info Glen.  I remember when you posted that you were going to have to put Nanook down.  I thought it had happened already and I am not good with things like that so I never asked what happened.  I didn't want to upset you.  I am SO HAPPY to hear that he is still with you and that his cancer is gettig better.  I can't think of any better news!  Give him a BIG kiss and hug for me ad tell him he has an Aunt April who will pray that he stays well.  I am so glad you tried this alternative medicine.  Cn we have some more Nanook pics?  Please?