Author Topic: Guns  (Read 7342 times)

Offline Prowler Orange Challenger

Re: Guns
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2005 - 10:55:12 PM »
A revolver for reliability. Please tell more.

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2005 - 09:50:27 AM »
You said you don't know much about guns, and that's okay because we all gotta start somewhere. Do yourself a favor and take a firearms class before start carrying a gun. I don't know where you live or what the firearms laws are in your state, but you should look into it before you get a gun. The states that allow concealed carry usually have good firearms classes available. Believe me, you are taking on a BIG burden when you decide to carry a firearm! Do everything you can to educate yourself before you do it.
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2005 - 10:07:33 AM »
For a revolver w/ reliability RUGER SUPER 6. Ya you could carry a Super Blackhawk 44mag ! But heavy to carry and not good for an inexperienced handler. But as I read the posts I'm not sure of the motive . Are you looking for one on your hip or one for under your jacket (concealed). Different toys for different joys! I've found automatics conceal beter cause they are flatter Ruger 45 very nice Tanfoglio Frattelli(9mm) very very nice, but rare and hard to find. (Kind of like an upscale Beretta.) I would suggest going and trying different pieces-either from friends or alot of gun stores will let you you rent one to use on their range.
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2005 - 10:24:32 AM »
I was thinking of either one to go on my hip. In addition, I will be taking up a class here in the state I reside. Also, 392heminut what do you mean I'm taking on a big burden.

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2005 - 11:12:22 AM »
I was thinking of either one to go on my hip. In addition, I will be taking up a class here in the state I reside. Also, 392heminut what do you mean I'm taking on a big burden.
Seeing as he is a policeman(or was) I bet he is referring to the legal responsibilities you would be signing up for.

1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

dodgetkboy78

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2005 - 12:16:03 PM »
Nothing says buisness more than a shiny Ruger blackhawk!

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2005 - 12:40:49 PM »
That makes sense. Anyways, again thank you for the responses and if you have anymore information feel free to share it.

Offline moparguy01

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2005 - 12:41:56 PM »
I dont care for Glocks too much, they feel too much like a toy to me. They are proven to be reliable, but i just dont care for them.
you could look into a Springfield arms, those are alright. Rugers are ok, but arent as accuratefrom what i've read. but still a dependable pistol. Just find something that fits in your hand nicely, you want it to feel like its part of you when you raise it up, and also you dont want something huge like a Desert Eagle because you just cant conceal those worth a crap. The browning Hi-power's conceal quite nicely, but your looking around 7-800 for one of those.

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2005 - 12:43:45 PM »
Thanks moparguy01 again. I'll be going to look at guns here when I get some time. For now I'm off to lay down and go work on the truck and car at the storage place.

Offline xblade

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2005 - 04:29:34 PM »
the guns ive kept are glocks and sig arms. love the glocks, easy to shoot, easy to clean and dependable. i have the models 22(.40) & 26(9mm). Didnt like the feel of the 26 at first then put on a mag/grip extension and fell in love.

Offline MoparMatt383

• Member as of March 2004
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2005 - 06:23:08 PM »
Most everybody is recommending rather large guns for carry purpose, which dosnt seem practical.  If I had to reccomend anything it would be an S & W model 36 in 38 special.  They are a very small gun and pack plenty of punch if you use the plus P ammo.  Also sinse it is a revolver there is no tension on the springs all the time like there is when an automatic is kept loaded and it is always ready to fire.  They are very affordable because so pmany police officers used them for an off duty gun.  Maybe 200 dollars.  If size wasnt an issue I think still the best hanfgun ever made is a 1911A1 45 automatic.

Matt
Too many projects and nothing gets done.

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2005 - 06:30:40 PM »
Dakotavert, JS27 was right, you have a legal AND moral responsibility when carrying a weapon. I'm a retired cop, and I don't have a problem with any law abiding citizen carrying a gun as long as they act responsibly. I personally don't feel that it's right that a law abiding citizen of this great country of ours should have to get a permit to carry a gun, but that's just my opinion. The point I was getting at in my first post was that if a person wants to carry they should practice to become proficient with the gun, and know the laws so they know when they are justified in using deadly force. You should also know that if you use deadly force you can be sure that the courts will pick your action to pieces and some attorney will Monday morning quarterback your actions. What you might have to decide in a split second the courts will take months or even years to decide whether was right or wrong. I would recommend to anyone who is considering carrying a gun that they read 'The Truth About Self Protection' and 'In the Gravest Extreme', both written by Massad Ayoob and available at either Amazon or Barnes and Noble. This guy has over 30 years in law enforcement and has been in court as an expert witness many times in lethal force use cases.

Okay, off my soapbox and back to Mopars!
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2005 - 09:31:59 PM »
Thanks again for the replies and information. This is becoming very helpful. Thank you.

dodgetkboy78

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2005 - 11:49:53 PM »
What are you looking for?
Protection from Humans?
Bears?
Moose?
Looks?
To scare people?

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2005 - 06:31:32 PM »
Protection from humans and to scare people.