Guns

Author Topic: Guns  (Read 7351 times)

Oldschool

Re: Guns
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2005 - 06:50:58 PM »
Protection from humans and to scare people.

D-Vert,  As a public safety responder for 30 years, the last part of your statement bothers me somewhat. I'm not going to preach, but I have learned from this career.  Please understand that a gun does not scare some folks. They are in and around a criminal lifestyle and MEAN people with firearms.  If a regular guy pulls a gun in order to scare them, one of 2 thnigs is fixin' to happen: 1) They will get out a gun and shoot you!  or--2) they will challenge you to shoot them--they are not afraid, because they are betting on your sense of right and wrong. Either response is not a good outcome for you. Pulling your gun to scare them only escalated the situation. I have been to more shootings that started like this than I can remember. It goes back to the old adage that my Dad taught me.  "Only pull your gun as a LAST resort and only if you are going to pull the trigger". In other words it MUST be self/family defense and NOT just to scare people. Sorry for the long post...only my 0.02.............Oldschool

Offline HEMI HUNTER

• SERIOUS H.P.IS REALLY COOL
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2005 - 07:11:44 PM »
Protection from humans and to scare people.
... .. ... ... .. . .. .

you do not EVER use a gun to scare someone!!!!!!!   You NEVER pull a gun out unless you are going to use it,
and be expecting to kill.
  as said earlier BIG responsability. ask yourself if you really need this much protection.  your two reasons for wanting a handgun seem to indicate a possible incident makes you feel the need to react better next time?  do you enjoy shooting sports or just getting started?  buy a shot gun and go to a range first.

All the troopers  I know wish they had a Heckler & Koch not the issued Glock.

wow  sorry about that
Why are the only other cars on the road all in my rear view mirror?  Oh yeah cause I got a 440/6 pack

Thank you GOD for the "Go Fast Division"

Offline 68 A

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2005 - 07:26:02 PM »
when i saw guns as a topic i was thinking shotguns and a sport. i've had lots of fun using guns shooting pigeons, clay pigeons and targets. A pistol would get me nervous cause of the situations that it can get someone in. Personally if the situation comes that if i'm gonna get robbed or my car stolen i would prefer to lose the monetary value than to risk my life or my well being, especially the well being of someone that might be with me. This is just my opinion, and it relates to my personality, but everyone has different feelings and belifes on how to handle themselves and their situations. i'm personally not willing to take the life of someone else unless my life is on the line. I'm sure you have your reasons, after all everyone on this board comes from a different community.

Steve
'68 Barracuda in long term restoration
'70 Dart Swinger for crusin
'88 Mastercraft Prostar 190
'01 Dakota daily driver

Offline Prowler Orange Challenger

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2005 - 07:29:45 PM »
Oldschool you have a point but, I'm not talking about using a gun unsafely here. I'm talking to scare someone if they break into my apartment like they did the last time. That's what I mean with my statement. Of course you don't ever pull a gun on someone just because you want to "scare" them in a sense. If you want to scare someone and they are in violation then you call the cops. Guns are to be used a last resort. I know this as well. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

dodgetkboy78

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2005 - 11:26:53 PM »
Someone breaks into my house? I will, tell them to leave. If they don't? Bang. That simple, no other warning. They wont even see the gun untill I shoot.
Protection is your right, simple and true. Someone enters your house? Warn, then shoot. Oh, and kill them so they cant sue you.

I can say one thing, a friend of mine got a gun pulled on him in the school parking lot. He jumnped up on the hood of the guys car, and kicked the windshield out, while the guy was pointing a (non loaded gun) at him. HE wasn't even a crminal. Just blew it when he got a gun pulled on him.

Offline Face

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2005 - 02:58:04 PM »
I'm not sure about the laws in Alaska, but in Georgia, and most other states, you can only use deadly force, without the threat of prosecution, to save your life, or the life of a third party.
IF you shoot someone for stealing, trespassing, or for the damage of property, you can, and most likely will,  be arrested.
The thing we've all heard about shooting someone on your lawn, and drag him in the house is a myth. Even if you kill someone in your house, you have to be able to prove that your life, or that of a third party was in immediate danger. Also, the intruder will have to be armed.

Or, hope your lawyer does a good job of jury selection, and you get 12 people with some common sense.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005 - 03:07:53 PM by Face »
a swell guy from Warren Harding High.

Offline Face

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2005 - 03:12:53 PM »
Someone breaks into my house? I will, tell them to leave. If they don't? Bang. That simple, no other warning. They wont even see the gun untill I shoot.

Bwahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! You're too little to hide a gun behind you!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005 - 05:31:05 AM by Face »
a swell guy from Warren Harding High.

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2005 - 04:23:16 PM »
Face are laws are a little different here but, I'm just getting it just in case.

Offline budrinker

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2005 - 08:31:09 PM »
meh

Offline VPOINTCUDA

• Wish she were done so I could take her out Ridin!
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2005 - 08:45:50 PM »
Now Thats A Gun ! ! !
" the question isn't  when is he going to stop, but whose gonna stop him!"

Offline gotacuda23

• 73 mist green 440 cuda
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2005 - 09:55:18 PM »
Now Thats A Gun ! ! !

ya, i carry one of those around all the time

Oldschool

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2005 - 09:56:35 PM »
ya, i carry one of those around all the time

Concealed??.............Oldschool

Offline gotacuda23

• 73 mist green 440 cuda
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2005 - 10:12:52 PM »
of course                   (im talking bout the tank)   lol

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2005 - 10:31:02 PM »
How about a 50 caliber on the back of a Humvee.

Offline VPOINTCUDA

• Wish she were done so I could take her out Ridin!
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2005 - 10:34:18 PM »
I just traded my dad for a 1917 30-06 Eddyfield .
Not to change the subject, my cousin was in the Marine Corps. when he got out of vietnam in 1970, they sent him to Germany for a two week "vacation" .
He said he bought this gun from an old farmer who had found it in his fathers basement after the war. My cousin had it sent back stateside where he gave it to my dad. I've wanted that gun since the first time I saw it. I just traded him a Marlin .30-.30 lever action for it. Both guns are in fantastic condition.
Now the question, , , I'm 45 years old. I've never had a need to carry a gun on me except for hunting.I live in a pretty good neighbor hood, but there are troublesome types here too. My work place isn't in the greatest place. Some of the charectors around here are , well , not very trustworthy. I love guns , and I love shooting, but are you really in that much danger that you need to carry? As others have stated before in this thread, its an awefully big responsibillity. If you are actually in danger , than yes I can see the point, but be sure you know the consequences before you strap that iron to your hip.
( Just passing on some fatherly advise that my dad passed to me )
" the question isn't  when is he going to stop, but whose gonna stop him!"