Maybe the new Chally sales slogan?

Author Topic: Maybe the new Chally sales slogan?  (Read 1388 times)

Oldschool

Maybe the new Chally sales slogan?
« on: November 21, 2005 - 07:21:17 AM »

What do ya'll think of my new sig? Kinda thought it would make a good sales slogan for the new Chally.  "Challenger--Built To Run-----Here To Stay!"   I think it sends a message to the Ford folks--- the Challenger is back and it's not going anywhere.............Oldschool

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
Re: Maybe the new Chally sales slogan?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005 - 07:44:29 AM »
Quick, copyright it!!
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Oldschool

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005 - 07:47:12 AM »
Rusty---does the fact that it is posted with todays date by me qualify as any kind of protection?.LOL............Oldschool

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005 - 09:59:41 AM »
I'm not sure. I mean, I like your meaning, but non-Mopar people might make jokes about it not going anywhere... as in not fast.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Oldschool

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005 - 10:09:13 AM »
I'm not sure. I mean, I like your meaning, but non-Mopar people might make jokes about it not going anywhere... as in not fast.

Mike

Good point MEK,
The not going anywhere part would be a great conversation starter with those folks.  You could just reply, "well then, let's line em up and see who's not going anywhere."  That way it would let the Chally speak for itself!  Of course at this pont it is all moot. They haven't even built the thing yet.  Actually I was kinda throwing it out there and see if others had some good ideas for an ad campaign. There are probably some great ideas out there. You never know, someone might have a winner!. .................Oldschool

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005 - 03:20:29 PM »
Oldschool,
  You changed the slogan on me(LOL). I kinda like it better now.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005 - 05:19:45 PM »

I think this time they car honestly say it's back so: "Dodge Challenger R/T - It's Back"
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005 - 02:07:12 PM »

What do ya'll think of my new sig? Kinda thought it would make a good sales slogan for the new Chally.  "Challenger--Built To Run-----Here To Stay!"   I think it sends a message to the Ford folks--- the Challenger is back and it's not going anywhere.............Oldschool

I like that a lot! You got me thinking once I read this I came up with one for a hat slogan.
"Plymouth
The name may be gone but the legend lives on!"

Oldschool

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005 - 02:16:17 PM »
 :wow:  Great idea Plumb. There is a local company that I have used in the past that does hats at a reasonable price. Those hats would look good at cruise ins, car shows, etc......................Oldschool :bigthumb:

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005 - 02:19:32 PM »
How about, "The new Challenger is back, get in and shut up, it's got a Hemi"  :feedback:

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005 - 02:22:41 PM »
 :wow:  Really think so? Consider this copyrighted then!! LMAO!!  Maybe I will make up a few dozen and bring to Carlisle 06. You make up some for your slogan and I'll make up the Plymouth ones and lets see if we can sell a few, I will make mine and sell em for just enough to cover the costs to any CC.com member and try to make a few dollars on everyone else!  :grinyes:

Oldschool

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005 - 02:26:33 PM »
:wow:  Really think so? Consider this copyrighted then!! LMAO!!  Maybe I will make up a few dozen and bring to Carlisle 06. You make up some for your slogan and I'll make up the Plymouth ones and lets see if we can sell a few, I will make mine and sell em for just enough to cover the costs to any CC.com member and try to make a few dollars on everyone else!  :grinyes:
:ylsuper:  I had better wait until the new Chally is actually built or I might be left holding several worthless hats..LOL.  Hatlanta has about a 2 week lead time to get togther an order so if/when it gets built, I can have em ready in short order :cooldancing:................Oldschool

Offline GoMango

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2005 - 06:49:02 PM »
Like the slogan Oldschool  :bananasmi
70 Challenger R/T
(Back on the road--1st time since '96)

Offline ohio cuda

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2005 - 08:05:19 PM »
Man could they ever do some great TV commercials with the Mustang and Challenger side by side. I can even see the wife fighting for the keys and the husband having to take the Mustang to work and all the guys laughing at him as his wife drives by in the Challenger. How about the cast of "queer eye" in the Mustang with Richard Simmons driving and Barry Newman in the Challenger in a little street race. A great commercial would be Barry smokin the Bulldozers and coming out the other side in the new Challenger. Okay so it's not built yet but I'm getting ready.
 "Challenger - Civil Disobedience"