Hopefully the new challenger

Author Topic: Hopefully the new challenger  (Read 19210 times)

Offline xs29j8

Re: Hopefully the new challenger
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2005 - 08:56:42 AM »
Now a small article on CarConnection.Com... no real new information though...

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusiasts/Spy_Shots/Spy_Shots_09_Dodge_Challenger.S178.A9658.html

XS

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2005 - 08:58:17 AM »
You da Man, xs!  You're saving us a lot of Google time!
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline xs29j8

« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2005 - 09:11:10 AM »
You da Man, xs!  You're saving us a lot of Google time!

I'm glad you like the bits and pieces of info on the new concept car...

Google is not helping... information is too new!  Message boards, Blogs, and networking with friends is helping...

What a way to waste the little time off from work I get... Oh yeah, I need to get some things done out in the workshop!

Later,

XS

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2005 - 10:03:52 AM »

What a way to waste the little time off from work I get... Oh yeah, I need to get some things done out in the workshop!

It's not a waste if you enjoy it, but I know what you mean.  I gotta git up and go too.  There's way too much interesting stuff on the site!

Thanks again for the info!
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline xs29j8

« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2005 - 11:09:57 AM »
One of the Mods on Moparts has good friends at DCX... I know this for a FACT!

He has now chimed in on the New Challenger post on Moparts:

I have friends in DCX's studio... those pictures are NOT Photoshopped. That IS the real deal concept car. Which is to say, be forwarned... it IS a "concept car", but I betcha' DCX learned their lesson by teasing with one thing and then delivering another.  In other words, I rather doubt they'd make the same mistake twice. One can hope, anyway!

Dale

So to those that are chasing the lone photochop on the grassy knoll... time to face the fact that this concept car really exists!!!  Contact DCX now to let them know that you like what you have seen so far!!!

XS

Oldschool

« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2005 - 12:10:34 PM »
If one of our more famous C-C .Com gurus was named "Chryco Phsykik" instead of " Chryco Phsyco" we could ask him to look ahead a tell us all how this will end up!   LOL..................Oldschool

Offline xs29j8

« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2005 - 12:34:01 PM »
Yet another version of the spy pictures posted on Moparts... these appear to be full size without any retouching or tampering:

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Test&Number=2157651&page=0&fpart=5

scroll down the page to the post by KISSAlien that was made today... with preferences set differently it might be on a different page than 5...

I am not posting the pictures myself because they are copy-righted to Brenda Priddy...

XS

Offline RiceHater

2009 Challenger
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2005 - 01:05:41 PM »
HOLY F!
 425HP Hemi. Brand new chassis development that will also be the platform for the next Chrysler 300/Dodge Magnum/etc. Production isn't expected until 2008 for 2009MY.

Offline RiceHater

Re: 2009 Challenger
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2005 - 01:06:56 PM »
how can i preorder?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006 - 02:45:16 PM by Rev-It-Up »

Offline onebadhemi

« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2005 - 02:02:55 PM »
If they put that bad boy in production......... I'm in for sure  :)

Dave

1970 R/T Challenger
1971 Pro street"HEMI" Challenger
2003 V-10 Ram 2500 Q/C
2006 Charger R/T

Offline xs29j8

« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2005 - 04:24:45 PM »
Another promising post on Moparts by MoparMal... MM has had an ongoing exchange with Eric Andrew of DCX and has been on vacation in the US (MM lives in Austrailia)...

Here is his post:

OK Guys...a Heads up...I won't be around long enough to discuss this ..(leaving Albany tonight for NYC)..but!!

MMISSILE and I were given a personalised conducted tour of Auburn Hills three days ago..by Eric Andrew, Manager Dodge Advertising.

Not only did he line up an SRT 8 Charger for us to fool around in for 45 mins.. ..but he took us through part of Skunk works where they detail show cars etc...Saw the old Razor and some very tuff Vipers done out for racing.. ...

There was also a 72 Chally there...seems they have been using it for an "undisclosed" reason....

He also introduced uas to some of his staff...and I was asked about the 4 door Charger...I mentioned Australias history of 4 door Muscle cars, and then asked Eric if he knew whether there was going to be a 2 door Charger...here was the discussion:

EA: "Def not , however, we have some more exciting models on the drawing board and you may well see an exciting 2 door coupe released in late 06...using a familiar name, possibly even CHALLENGER." !!!

And then he WINKED at us!!!!

My guess is its almost a def.......

BTW...did you know DCX are selling "on track " for the Chargers????.......and as for SRT Charger we really gave it a hiding...I have pics but can't post them till I get back to Australia...but it sure bags them up!!!

I'm sure MMISSILE would have more to add.....

Maybe it is closer to production than we thought!

XS
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005 - 04:31:00 PM by xs29j8 »

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2005 - 05:17:05 PM »
This may be the first chrysler product since 74 that would be impressive if put into production. Its a masterpiece. My hope of this becoming a reality though without a drastic F-up in restyling is very weak. I really hope I'm wrong, but lets not forget what this company has done in the past to destroy nameplates that took decades to gain the respect so deserving of them.
 I will not even get started, and riled up at how despicable ANYTHING with the R/T nameplate on it after 71 is. Those two letters have become a joke. neon R/T dakota R/T dynasty R/T stratus R/T durango R/T etc...............you get my point.
 I'm embarrassed to put my R/T emblems back on my REAL R/T when Its all restored. I may just leave em off. I'll save em for all the clones. Out of the few R/T's Challengers that were produced only 1,745,328 remain, sorry I'm drifting, and absolutely no disrespect to clones.   Just my 2 sense   thats all.......I apologize in advance if I offended anyone....just have to vent every now and again

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2005 - 07:13:34 PM »
This may be the first chrysler product since 74 that would be impressive if put into production. Its a masterpiece. My hope of this becoming a reality though without a drastic F-up in restyling is very weak. I really hope I'm wrong, but lets not forget what this company has done in the past to destroy nameplates that took decades to gain the respect so deserving of them.
 I will not even get started, and riled up at how despicable ANYTHING with the R/T nameplate on it after 71 is. Those two letters have become a joke. neon R/T dakota R/T dynasty R/T stratus R/T durango R/T etc...............you get my point.
 I'm embarrassed to put my R/T emblems back on my REAL R/T when Its all restored. I may just leave em off. I'll save em for all the clones. Out of the few R/T's Challengers that were produced only 1,745,328 remain, sorry I'm drifting, and absolutely no disrespect to clones.   Just my 2 sense   thats all.......I apologize in advance if I offended anyone....just have to vent every now and again

How have they become a joke?  The Neon R/T was the fastest domestic car in its niche.  Same with the Dakota R/T.  The Stratus R/T outperforms my Barracuda, and the Durango R/T is quite the powerhouse for a midsize SUV.

As for the other cars, they were excelent cars, for the times they were made.  You have to remember, what performance existed in the 80s?  Practially none.  Hell, the big 80s performer is a BUICK 6 CYLINDER car.  Don't get me wrong, the GNX is a damn good car, but, still, Buick and 6 cylinders don't scream performance.  Just because they didn't live up to the originals, doesn't make them horrible cars, as long as you take them in context.

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2005 - 09:36:54 PM »
                         Just because they didn't live up to the originals, doesn't make them horrible cars.
     I couldn't have said it better myself. That is exactly why they should not have been categorized by the same nameplates. There is a reputation to uphold. If ---------------(insert car name here) is not going to do that name justice, It only detracts from its palce in history as a once proud nameplate. I did not say they were not fast, that they would not out perform 35 year old technology. Thats a given.
  An R/T was never meant to have 4 doors, 4 wheel drive, front wheel drive. That was not the original intention. They robbed a piece of history to make a buck. Simple as that.
  I agree 100% with you as far as these car being good machinery. Hell, I have a Durango myself. I'm just saying that there are enough letters in the alphabet to possibly come up with something oringinal for these vehicles. Where the hell is originality anymore. Buick called it a Grand National not a Buick GSX     
   Thanks for your reply Ghost. It's always great to hear things from both sides of the field. After all were all on the same team here, no matter what simple opinions are thrown out there.    I appreciate the honesty             
                                                                                                                                  Jeff

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2005 - 10:08:25 PM »
R/T simply means Road and Track, that can be interpreted a lot of different ways.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat