Hopefully the new challenger

Author Topic: Hopefully the new challenger  (Read 19217 times)

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
Re: Hopefully the new challenger
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2005 - 11:39:25 PM »

LOL!! Bastard! j/k I stand corrected. lol

LMAOROF!  :)
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline AllGreen70RT

« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2005 - 01:59:59 PM »
AllGreen70RT,

7 concepts of what?  Different versions of the Challenger or various models?

Curious..
MoparMan
(Bob)

My understanding is the 7 concepts includes different versions and models.

Offline inot2old

« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2005 - 07:51:00 PM »
Not much new info, but it says maybe next year.

After hiatus, Challenger to rejoin Dodge lineup

By Jim Mateja
Tribune auto reporter
Published November 21, 2005

LAS VEGAS -- Chrysler has again returned to the past to come up with a car for the future.

Chrysler, which looked to the 1970s muscle car era to create the 2006 Dodge Charger, has gone back to that time to pluck out another muscle car nameplate, the Challenger. It's on a concept of a car that's expected to join the Dodge lineup soon.

Dodge told the media gathered here for a look at 10 vehicles the company will introduce on next year's auto-show circuit that Challenger will bow at the Detroit Auto Show in January.

Though Challenger is expected to join the Dodge lineup in about a year, Tom Tremont, vice president of advance product design for Chrysler Group, wouldn't confirm that timetable.

Challenger is derived from the same platform as the Chrysler 300 sedan, with two major changes. It is built on a shorter wheelbase, 116 inches versus 120, and it's a two-door not a four-door.

"With Charger we have a muscle sedan; with Challenger; a muscle coupe," Tremont said.

As another 300 derivative, along with the Dodge Magnum and Charger and Charger police car, Challenger continues the automaker's commitment to platform sharing. That ensures plants run at full capacity and, thus, profitably.

Tremont said the concept takes its styling from the 1970s Challenger, complete with hood scoops.

It also is another showcase for Chrysler's Hemi V-8 engine, which accounts for more than 40 percent of sales of the vehicles in which it's offered.

Challenger features the 6.1-liter, 425-horsepower version with a 6-speed manual transmission.

Chrysler officials wouldn't speculate on Challenger volume, though most expected a limited build of 5,000 to 10,000 annually.

----------

jmateja@tribune.com

Copyright © 2005, Chicago Tribune

'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2005 - 09:37:01 AM »
Love the article, hope it's not all just hype! The 6.1 425 horsepower HEMI gives me some heart palpitations. Gotta figure out a way to get one of these.

Offline Randy Mosier

« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2005 - 03:17:47 PM »
I'll take this one!

Here's the article:

http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000013051179

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
  • Restore it dont crush it!
« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2005 - 03:39:58 PM »
aw thats sweet i hope that is what the production car will look like!
My family, My cars, My guns three things il fight for!!

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2005 - 09:05:25 PM »
I'll take this one!

Here's the article:

http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000013051179

Needs less Cuda, and more Challenger.

Offline xs29j8

« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2005 - 05:18:38 PM »
Here come the magazine covers...  :cheers: :drool:

XS

** Picture removed by admin **
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005 - 08:21:25 PM by Rev-It-Up »

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2005 - 05:24:21 PM »
Here come the magazine covers...  :cheers: :drool:

XS

Thanks for posting that. Looks great!! That's with probably the worst color too, black, plum crazy, white we'll all be drooling!  :drool: :eek2: :bananasmi
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2005 - 05:36:04 PM »
 :wow: I sure hope that 28K is a realistic number, that's probably for the V6 stripped down version  :grinyes:! LOL, one can only hope they keep it within a reasonable amount for some of us poor folks to afford. 
If not, this is me!  :faint:
If they do, do you realize how many plum crazy Challengers are going to be popping up everywhere?  :clapping:

Offline xs29j8

« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2005 - 05:38:09 PM »

Thanks for posting that. Looks great!! That's with probably the worst color too, black, plum crazy, white we'll all be drooling!  :drool: :eek2: :bananasmi

And there may be more good news... there is a rumor that some "wheel" at DCX said a new 'Cuda is on the way as well.  I was told a quite a while back that one was coming, and the implication was that it would be retro to some degree... lately though, sketches reported to be the new 'Cuda have not been retro at all... SO...  :dunno:

I have been trying to get a comfirmation, but my calls are not being accepted... darn Caller ID!  :biggrin:

Looking for more info...

XS

Oldschool

« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2005 - 05:41:05 PM »
:wow: I sure hope that 28K is a realistic number, that's probably for the V6 stripped down version  :grinyes:! LOL, one can only hope they keep it within a reasonable amount for some of us poor folks to afford. 
If not, this is me!  :faint:
If they do, do you realize how many plum crazy Challengers are going to be popping up everywhere?  :clapping:

For sure on the poor folks!  When these cars are released, do you plan to add to your Mopar stable, or sell an older one in order to get a new one?  At the prices of these older ones, you could one and buy 2 or 3 new ones......................Oldschool

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2005 - 05:45:38 PM »
For sure on the poor folks!  When these cars are released, do you plan to add to your Mopar stable, or sell an older one in order to get a new one?  At the prices of these older ones, you could one and buy 2 or 3 new ones......................Oldschool

Let me think about it for a while....YES!!! Don't have any other Mopar to sell to get this but I'll find a way, may have to work a couple more years instead of retiring in 3 years, for a new 425 hp 6 spd pistol grip plum crazy Challenger what's two more years?  :grinyes:

Offline xs29j8

« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2005 - 05:47:59 PM »

Well, that is what I am gonna do... plan to do some very careful collection downsizing... I hate to sell any, but it just makes financial sense.

XS

Offline R/T

• Johnson City TN
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2005 - 05:49:55 PM »
I will add a new one to the stable, I will be getting the same color as my challengerwhen it is painted Ralley Red
1973 Challenger (OO/=====\OO)  440 
Hemis and Harleys
2008 Dodge Ram Big Horn Edition  5.7 Hemi