Hopefully the new challenger

Author Topic: Hopefully the new challenger  (Read 19221 times)

Oldschool

Re: Hopefully the new challenger ***New Cover Picture Added***
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2005 - 05:51:07 PM »
Well, that is what I am gonna do... plan to do some very careful collection downsizing... I hate to sell any, but it just makes financial sense.

XS

I bet the dealer wouldn't give me much of a trade-in considering it's a '69 Plymouth Barracuda. :roflsmiley:  Probably offer $1200.00 or so and try and steal it away....... :bigshades:  It ain't gonna happen.............................Oldschool

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2005 - 05:57:06 PM »
I bet the dealer wouldn't give me much of a trade-in considering it's a '69 Plymouth Barracuda. :roflsmiley:  Probably offer $1200.00 or so and try and steal it away....... :bigshades:  It ain't gonna happen.............................Oldschool

Especially when you could sell it to me for more than twice that!!!  :lol:

Oldschool

« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2005 - 06:01:01 PM »
Especially when you could sell it to me for more than twice that!!!  :lol:

Man, it's nice to know you've got friends that would help you out in a pinch. :cheers:  Thanks!..................Oldschool

Offline R/T

• Johnson City TN
Re: Hopefully the new challenger
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2005 - 06:07:39 PM »
The only decision I will have to make is will I have a R/T buldge hood or a shaker  :wow:  :droolingbounce:  :22yikes:  :eek2:
1973 Challenger (OO/=====\OO)  440 
Hemis and Harleys
2008 Dodge Ram Big Horn Edition  5.7 Hemi

Offline Cudadreamer

« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2005 - 07:52:17 PM »
Here is what I have heard from my brother about the New Challenger.  It is said it will be released as a 2008 model in the middle of 2007.  The "lower end model" (not sure if you can call any Challenger/Cuda low end) will have a 5.7 L Hemi, probably the 28k is my guess.  Then there will be a 6.1 Liter and it's rumored there will be a 6.4 Liter Hemi producing 525 hp.   DCX is talking about only offering Hemi's for all the Challengers.  I personally won't get my hopes up after what they did to the Charger but if they produce this close to what the concept reflects I'll be changing my dream to a Challenger. :)

We can always dream till it becomes reality, then we can drool...

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2005 - 08:00:10 PM »
Ror sale by thest assured, the wifes 2002 Trans Am will be replaced by a new Chally ( 2002 with 6,000 miles, for sale by the way) For some reason I'm partial to Challys, Hmmm....................... I think if we get one I will have it painted FM3 Panther pink and park it right nec=xt to the old 73, that would be cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2005 - 08:03:00 PM »
I was wondering what colors they would offer. Would they go back to the high impact colors of the 70's or would they stay more towards today's colors?
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Oldschool

« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2005 - 08:04:47 PM »
I was thinking about buying a new truck, but I will most likely hold off and see if the  New Chally is the real deal. :droolingbounce: If the new Chally works out, I would just have to sell the truck anyway :walkaway: 525 HP Hemi in a 2 door Chally.  It don't get much better than that! :thumbsup:..........Oldschool

P.S. Notice I would sell the new truck----NOT the '69 Cuda!  :ylsuper:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005 - 08:06:29 PM by Oldschool »

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2005 - 08:07:09 PM »
I was wondering what colors they would offer. Would they go back to the high impact colors of the 70's or would they stay more towards today's colors?
Hard to say, Personally I think they would since the  new "tuner" market uses high impact colors it could possibly draw a extended market.  Would the colors be matches? I doubt it, probably a little different shade.
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline A383Cuda

• Sal's Muscle Cars
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2005 - 08:13:18 PM »
They have been offering their current trucks and chargers in some high impact colors. I owuld venture to say it will continue.

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2005 - 08:43:45 PM »
I think that only offering Hemi's is a mistake.  The bulk of the Mustang sales are the V-6 model.

Oldschool

« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2005 - 08:52:43 PM »
Ghost-- to a point I agree with you.  But remember that the new Hemi's have that computerized power reduction system that cuts the engine down to 4 cylinders when all 8 are not needed.  Kinda let's you have your cake and eat it to!.. Great performance and reasonable fuel mileage.  Just my 0.02...................Oldschool

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2005 - 09:17:17 PM »
Ghost-- to a point I agree with you.  But remember that the new Hemi's have that computerized power reduction system that cuts the engine down to 4 cylinders when all 8 are not needed.  Kinda let's you have your cake and eat it to!.. Great performance and reasonable fuel mileage.  Just my 0.02...................Oldschool

The new Charger has the same technology.  Most new Chargers sold have been the V-6 models, as well.  Cheaper to purchase, cheaper to fuel, and cheaper to insure.  More Challengers would be sold if a V-6 was offered.

Offline MoparMan

• 70 Challenger R/T, 71 Duster 340, 68 Fury
« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2005 - 11:09:30 PM »

OK folks.. Instead of sitting around the campfire singing to the choir, how about letting Chrysler know that you want this new Challenger, really bad..
I gave them my thumps-up a week ago..

Here's the link:

http://www-5.chrysler.com/wccsapp/universal/C/index.jsp?appStr=wccs&titleStr=Contact+Chrysler&familyStr=brand&franchise=C&actionURL=%2Fwccs%2Fbrand_forms%2Fus%2Fwebform.jsp&promotion=null&category=N

MoparMan
(Bob)

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2005 - 11:24:44 PM »
OK folks.. Instead of sitting around the campfire singing to the choir, how about letting Chrysler know that you want this new Challenger, really bad..
I gave them my thumps-up a week ago..

Here's the link:

http://www-5.chrysler.com/wccsapp/universal/C/index.jsp?appStr=wccs&titleStr=Contact+Chrysler&familyStr=brand&franchise=C&actionURL=%2Fwccs%2Fbrand_forms%2Fus%2Fwebform.jsp&promotion=null&category=N

MoparMan
(Bob)

Consider it done.  I wonder what they're response will be when they see it's a college campus address who sent them the LONG write up. :bigsmile:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005 - 10:51:53 AM by Street_Challenged73 »
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin