The Peanut Butter & Jelly Thread

Author Topic: The Peanut Butter & Jelly Thread  (Read 5017 times)

dodgetkboy78

Re: The Peanut Butter & Jelly Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2005 - 11:29:21 PM »
Definately smooth peanut butter!!  :thumbsup:

And I thought you had good taste! I'll never eat a PB+J at your house! :eek4: :faint: :rofl:

Anyone eat PB+ :bananasmi ??? It is good. :bigthumb:

RedLine

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2005 - 11:42:21 PM »
I like chunky-  yes I know you cant use that sticky wonderbread with it cuz it will tear....  but on firmer bread- some nice rye or pumpernickle -- and maybe some bananas sliced up in the middle.   :bananasmi  A most yummy entree.   Smooth PB lovers could be secretly suffering from Arachibutyrophobia. That's pronounced (Ah-rack-ee-buh-tro-pho'-bia). You might want to practice saying that word a few times yourself before using it at one of your PB&J parties when there's a lull in the conversation. 

What is Arack-a butt-tra--phhh-- whatever?   you wont believe it....   See here for help
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005 - 11:47:40 PM by RedLine »

Oldschool

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2005 - 11:49:25 PM »
Red--I don't suffer from arachnophobia. I have never been afraid that spiders would get on my PB&J sandwich :crazy:... If you really want some quality entertainment at a fair price, then try this:  place a small gob of peanut butter on your finger.  let your dog (or cat) begin licking it off of your finger. Then when they least expect it, you quickly place the remaining peanut butter on the roof of their mouth.  Now that's a sight to see!  They will drive themselves crazy trying to get it off.  cruel but funny :jump3:...................Oldschool

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2005 - 12:06:05 AM »
Sounds bloody marvelous. :clapping: :woo: :drunk: :swaying: :jumping: :crazy:

sleepychallenger

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2005 - 07:59:18 AM »
ok all, i know this is odd but my wife turned me on to it. peanut butter and pickle. the best is chunky peanut butter and butter pickles. mmmmmmm. im hungry now. :woo: :2cents:

Offline 71GTX

• It's a fine line between a hobby & mental illness!
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2005 - 08:52:21 AM »
anyone ever try peanut butter and yellow mustard.....been eating that since about the age of 8....MMMMMMMMM!
69 RoadRunner (clone)
70 Cuda 383 4 speed (project) one of the first few off the line at Hamtramck with a 1017XX VIN
70 Cuda convertible 340 4 speed (project)
70 Barracuda (project)
71 GTX 440 4 speed (project)
72 Cuda 340 3 speed (project)
3 Harleys
95 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4

Expensive Pee is the end result of Expensive Beer!

Offline Cuda Wuda

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2005 - 09:02:16 AM »
ok  noone has mentioned the Elvis special....fried pb & bananna sandwich. :bananasmi Thats how we do food in the south, if we can fry it, we will.  I.e. fried Snickers bars. perhaps I have discovered the reason we are the most overweight portion of the U.S. Pardon me while I go find something to fry :bigsmile:
70' Cuda 340 4spd (being revived)
Birmingham, Al
Mopar or NO CAR!!

sleepychallenger

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2005 - 09:03:26 AM »
have not tried the Elvis thing but do have his recipe

dodgetkboy78

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2005 - 10:08:10 AM »
have not tried the Elvis thing but do have his recipe

Step one, have a heart attack............................

sleepychallenger

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2005 - 10:11:40 AM »
ok, step two must be better  :bigthumb:

Offline Cuda Wuda

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2005 - 10:27:48 AM »
Elvis Presley's Grilled Peanut Butter
and Banana Sandwich
2 slices of white bread
2 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
1 small ripe banana mashed
2 tablespoons butter
Spread the peanut butter on one slice of bread and the mashed banana on the other. Press the slices gently together. Melt the butter (or to be truly Elvis-like, melt bacon fat!), over low heat in a small frying pan. Place the sandwich in the pan and fry until golden brown on both sides. Eat it with a glass of buttermilk.
Please note: Elvis tended to eat 12-15 sandwiches a sitting! So belly up!

:eek4:
70' Cuda 340 4spd (being revived)
Birmingham, Al
Mopar or NO CAR!!

sleepychallenger

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2005 - 10:39:30 AM »
maybe it doesnt get better :puke:

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2005 - 11:18:14 AM »
I lost it on the bacon fat and buttermilk...  :icon16:
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2005 - 07:11:04 PM »
anyone ever try peanut butter and yellow mustard.....been eating that since about the age of 8....MMMMMMMMM!
LMAO!!! When I was a kid after my parents divorced there was alot of times we ran very low on food, right before my Mom got payed, so I experimented alot with what we had left heh.
 A peanut butter and mustard sandwich was one of them, also a bread, butter and catsup sandwich which I still eat to this day LOL
 One of my failed experiments was saltine crackers and butter  :eek4: we ran out of peanut butter and bread.
 Also cereal is NOT very good when you have to use the powered milk and water LOL
 Ahhh,  the good old days! heh
ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2005 - 08:10:55 PM »
Man a whole lot of varried peanut butter snacks here, but there are definately some I will not try. And I agree with most, make it smooth baby, so much more flavor I think.

Now, some of you are going to think I'm nuts (no punn intended), but some people are deathly  allergic (sp) to any peanut product. Just Monday in our paper (but not a local story) there was a story where some young girl died from injesting a peanut product. I've heard of this before, but here is the weird part of this story, supposedly she dies, yes from the peanut product, but she "got" it from a kiss by her boyfriend, he had been eating either peanut butter or some peanut butter candy? I didn't read the complete article. Now, if someone thinks I'm making this up I'll gladly scan and post that story for you. I hate to make light of such a tragic story, but that boy had to have had one long tongue !
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger