The Peanut Butter & Jelly Thread

Author Topic: The Peanut Butter & Jelly Thread  (Read 5022 times)

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
Re: Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOOOOOOOK!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2005 - 07:38:22 PM »
Well, they do make a peanut butter and jelly spread...but they are kind of disgusting.  Just get your favorite peanut butter and spread it on the bread.  Take your favorite kind of jelly or jam and spread it on the other side of the bread.  

NZ, did you follow these directions "precisely"? If so you had one very messy sandwitch,lol. Personally I'd put the peanut butter AND the jeslly on the same side of the slice of bread, peanut butter first of course,lol. I know, Laura was so in to getting her own snack she kinda got ahead of herself,lol.

NZ, here are a couple other combo's you should try with bread and peanut butter:

Hot bowl of Chilly (you do know what that is don't you?)

Cup of hot chocolate

And.....................this is especially goooooooooooooood with freash warm home made bread,........spread your butter, peanut butter and top it off with mayonnaise.................it's soooooooooooo goooooooood !
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline 4drbrnko

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2005 - 07:49:32 PM »
PB should go on both slices of bread, then jelly up one slice, keeping 1/4" around the edge clear so the PB will seal to itself and you won't have to worry about jelly running out the bottom.  :biggrin:
<-------<<<  Clickylinks..... My vehicles

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2005 - 07:56:29 PM »

NZ, did you follow these directions "precisely"? If so you had one very messy sandwitch,lol. Personally I'd put the peanut butter AND the jeslly on the same side of the slice of bread, peanut butter first of course,lol. I know, Laura was so in to getting her own snack she kinda got ahead of herself,lol.

NZ, here are a couple other combo's you should try with bread and peanut butter:

Hot bowl of Chilly (you do know what that is don't you?)

Cup of hot chocolate

And.....................this is especially goooooooooooooood with freash warm home made bread,........spread your butter, peanut butter and top it off with mayonnaise.................it's soooooooooooo goooooooood !

LOL!!! This is like a recipe for a wedding cake, not a sandwich. lol  :lol2:
I'll try putting it on the same slice, both pieces, not sure about the hot chilli though though sounds rather gross (no offence.)  :grinno:

:swaying:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
Re: The Peanut Butter & Jelly Thread
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2005 - 08:15:45 PM »
NZ, you eat it with the chilly, ya don't put it in the bowl, it's good buddy ! Uh, the same goes with the cup of hot chocolate,lol.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2005 - 08:21:18 PM »

Wow!! The world just got to witness a real-life, honest to goodness blonde moment!!  NZ...I'm sorry, if your hands were terribly covered in PB&J!  You should really use two peices of bread and spread PB on one and Jelly on the other.

Too funny!!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2005 - 09:27:27 PM »

LOL!!! :lol2:  :swaying: I did use two! One for peanut butter and one for my raspberry jam!

I'm going to have another one, I think you've started something Rev....... :popcorn: :bananasmi :crazy:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2005 - 09:56:25 PM »
OMG we have a thread about peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches??? 

Definitely have to try it with toasted bread also NZ . . nothing like a warm sandwich! 

Offline VPOINTCUDA

• Wish she were done so I could take her out Ridin!
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2005 - 10:30:48 PM »
OOOOOH , Dude , my mom used to make home made peach jam ! :droolingbounce: That was the cats a$$ for peanut butter and jelly sandwich's ! ! ! We had two peach trees and we'd go pick all the ripe peaches and she'd make up between ten and fifteen jars of jam , depending on how good the trees produced ! Darn , I miss that old farm house !
" the question isn't  when is he going to stop, but whose gonna stop him!"

dodgetkboy78

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2005 - 10:39:29 PM »
I think the best way to make one is to use one piece of bread, smear a good coat of peanut butter in the middle, and a couple good globs of jelly. Fold the bread in half, and enjoy. :bigshades: The best tasting PB+J is one that isnt uniform, so every bite has a different ratio of PB to J. Also, must be served with ice cold milk, or root beer.

IMO

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2005 - 11:04:46 PM »
 I just had two PBJ's for lunch LOL
 Here's a change up for ya NZ, when your about to eat your sandwich open it up and put a layer of potato chips in there. I recommend Ruffles, or Lays if you have those there heh
 Also you can try mixing the PBJ together until it's a brownish purple/red color (depending on the jelly), BEFORE you put it on the bread. It will not smell that great :eek4:, but if you mix the right amount of jelly it will taste :drool:.
 Or when your tired of the Jelly(like that is possible) try replacing it with honey, just don't go crazy with it.
 Need some swap meet energy? Try toasting some slices of bread then layer them with butter, then peanutbutter. If you want, add a mixture of sugar and ground cinnamon. This will stick to your ribs LOL
 I'm Chef EVIL and this has been your snack tip of the day!  LOL :grinyes: :ylsuper:

ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2005 - 11:11:15 PM »
I just had two PBJ's for lunch LOL
 Here's a change up for ya NZ, when your about to eat your sandwich open it up and put a layer of potato chips in there. I recommend Ruffles, or Lays if you have those there heh

That works great, but its even better if you put tomato soup powder on the sandwedge (goes good with ham) or if you pour the power straight onto the chips.

Oldschool

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2005 - 11:17:24 PM »
Of course there are many varieties of jams and jellies that can be used to make the perfect PB&J.  In that respect--to each his own.  Also, each has his own preference on the bread--plain or toasted. We've covered that stuff.  Now  for the REALLY BIG question-------- :droolingbounce:  regarding the peanut butter itself-----which makes the best PB&J--------smooth or chunky?  That is the question. ...........Oldschool likes the smooth. :cheers:

dodgetkboy78

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2005 - 11:19:41 PM »
I also prefer Honey wheat bread, or honey berry wheat bread for my PB+J.
Root beer is a must try!
I like my PB+J with Oatmeal!

Offline VPOINTCUDA

• Wish she were done so I could take her out Ridin!
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2005 - 11:20:54 PM »
Yup , I agree with "Old School " its gotta be "SMOOTH !" :ylsuper:
" the question isn't  when is he going to stop, but whose gonna stop him!"

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2005 - 11:22:52 PM »
Definately smooth peanut butter!!  :thumbsup:
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!