I could kick my own behind!

Author Topic: I could kick my own behind!  (Read 1081 times)

Oldschool

I could kick my own behind!
« on: November 29, 2005 - 09:42:02 PM »
I know that you all have similar stories, so I don't expect any sympathy here. It's just that I have been away from Mopars for 20 years or so and can't believe the prices on some of the stuff that I have just thrown away.  Over a 5 year period from about '79-'85 or '86, I had SEVEN Hemi's.  I had 5 complete cars and 2 engines on stands ready to go. :banghead:  As the family grew, the Hemi herd dwindled. :screwy:  When all was said and done, I had a ton of extra Hemi parts laying around. :undercar:  I hung on to them for several years and finally decided that I was not ever going to get back into them again.  So guess what.............I threw them away.  I ran a couple of ads trying to sell them, but back then, nobody wanted any of that stuff.  So here I sit, nibbling on a gun barrel............j/k........I'll live............................Oldschool

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: I could kick my own behind!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005 - 09:43:17 PM »
Yeah if only we knew then . . .what we know now!!   :banghead:   :pullinghair:

Offline VPOINTCUDA

• Wish she were done so I could take her out Ridin!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005 - 10:38:15 PM »
Yup , if I had a dime for every part that I sh_tcanned, I'd be a freakin millionaire ! ! !
" the question isn't  when is he going to stop, but whose gonna stop him!"

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005 - 10:40:03 PM »
Yup , if I had a dime for every part that I sh_tcanned, I'd be a freakin millionaire ! ! !
You uld probibly be a millionaire if you had kept and sold them too. :money: :jumping: :swaying: :crazy:

Offline VPOINTCUDA

• Wish she were done so I could take her out Ridin!
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005 - 10:46:26 PM »
 :money: You ain't just a whistling dixie , my friend ! ! !  :bananasmi
" the question isn't  when is he going to stop, but whose gonna stop him!"

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005 - 10:53:35 PM »
I know that you all have similar stories, so I don't expect any sympathy here. It's just that I have been away from Mopars for 20 years or so and can't believe the prices on some of the stuff that I have just thrown away.  Over a 5 year period from about '79-'85 or '86, I had SEVEN Hemi's.  I had 5 complete cars and 2 engines on stands ready to go. :banghead:  As the family grew, the Hemi herd dwindled. :screwy:  When all was said and done, I had a ton of extra Hemi parts laying around. :undercar:  I hung on to them for several years and finally decided that I was not ever going to get back into them again.  So guess what.............I threw them away.  I ran a couple of ads trying to sell them, but back then, nobody wanted any of that stuff.  So here I sit, nibbling on a gun barrel............j/k........I'll live............................Oldschool

I hear ya and feel your pain, may I borrow your gun when you're through with it? Duh, that's a dumb question, you shouldn't care one way or another after you are done with it. hehe
Don't feel bad, I'm sure we could all tell a few tearjerkers!  :crying: :walkaway: :frown:

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005 - 11:57:07 PM »
we have all made Dumb moves that have been enhanced by time & the ever increasing value of these car s & parts  :walkaway:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline pettybluecuda

• www.cudaregistry.com
    • 70-74 barracuda-cuda' registry
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005 - 01:08:14 AM »
   If it wasnt for all you old guys, lol (j/k) the muscle cars wouldnt be what they are today. Now come on. Tell me the truth how many mopar did you wreck? I know my father had 3 on there roofs. I would like to thank all the guys that junked out there old mopars, to all thoses guys out there they helped make the mopars the rarest cars and most sought after cars out there. Who knew? I wounder what cars are the ones to hang on to now? I have a 89 iroc z camaro convertible with every option that im hanging on to, you never know it maybe worth something someday. I know around here i dont see many, i only know of 2 others in the area.....A friend of mine has told me stories of back in the late 80's he had 17 ebodys, and he only has one now, a v code 70 cuda shaker car that has 46,000 and has been siting sence 76. He had a 1  t/a, 1 aar and the rest were just mis. e bodys. He said he got a devorce and sold them just so he didnt have to move them! He kicks him self alot now. Oh well what are you going to do? Ebodys are the greatest! :bigsmile:  :drunk:

well later guys
Jesse Lee :drunk:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005 - 01:21:08 AM »

Yeah but Murphys law would have writen several new laws....if everyone held on to them they would have probably been still worth jack.

Who knows.......atleast you still have a badar$e HEMI now.  :woo:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60