Author Topic: I Don't Understand  (Read 3325 times)

Offline Prowler Orange Challenger

I Don't Understand
« on: November 30, 2005 - 05:50:06 PM »
Well folks its come time for me to again to get some ideas. I've been really wanting to sell my car for a while and have tried a few times already. Some people say its out of price range for them. It kind of gets annoying after a while then you have those who are looking for the perfect #s matching car with a fendertag and with everything. They basically want you to give away the car. That amazes considering what I've seen sell on E-Bay like the burned cars for $15k and the 74 Cuda that sold for $9,500 without an engine. My car isn't perfect but, it is a 71 with a running drivetrain fairly fresh drivetrain and solid body. I don't think asking $15.5-16k for what I consider a good 10 fter that runs and drives is a bad price. It is just frustrating though because people want these cars for nothing. No matter how nice they are.
Anyways, I have been playing with the idea of trading the car into a classic car dealer but, I don't like that because we know how most dealers are but, to be honest I just want a done car. This car has rock chips at the bottom and needs new bumpers and some bugs worked out. But, I've tried E-Bay once and most of those folks on there well we know how most are about that. I'm not in a hurry to sell the car but, to be honest I just don't have the money to do what I want to do with it and it would cost me more than I want with my budget and besides that I have knee and back problems now so I can do very little to the car. So, selling it I was thinking maybe paying off the loan and some of the bills that I racked up buying the parts with the car. Well, anyways I'm still on the teeter totter about what do with it. I really love the car but, at the same time I bought it because not only was a nice solid car but, I saved it from being put into a tree or crushed. Anyways, that's my story so thank you for listening to me rant.

Oldschool

Re: I Don't Understand
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005 - 05:56:15 PM »
I feel your pain :walkaway:   Hope you can figure a way to get what you want.  If you are for sure going to sell it, have you considered running it on www.cars-on-line.com ?  I was looking at several site to find my car.  It seemed that site moved the most cars.  They have a great inventory for you look for your next car.  Maybe run an ad there with trades considered?  I think it costs $45.00 and it runs till it sells.  Chack em out & good luck!..............Oldschool

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005 - 05:58:13 PM »
Don't sell, then.  Store her at your place for a while, and, in the meantime, save up some money.  As long as the car is covered, sitting outside for a year or 2 won't hurt it.  I think that once you've taken a break from her, and got some extra money laying around, you will be glad you kept her.  My 2 cents.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005 - 07:59:57 PM »
Thanks guys. I don't mean to sound like a whine baby. But, that's just it. I don't want the car to sit around anymore. I have it stored actually Ghost. I would never let the car sit outside as the paint is still shiney and the interior is in good shape. New seat covers and headliner. I am also working slowly on getting the door panels as well. They're not bad but, a little faded and just taking my time since its so cold. Anyways, I found the Challenger online @ www.dealsonwheels.com and paid a pretty penny for the car. I drove it 500 miles back to my house. I've driven the car only a handful of times only because I have been doing upgrades. In fact, it looks better now then when I bought it. But, my knee is not letting me do much anymore. I can do some stuff and try my best as I love these old cars. They've been all I've known since I was a little kid.
Anyways, I'll see what happens. If nothing happens in a few months then maybe try something different. It would be nice to sell but, people don't like Clone Cars unless they are a 440, HEMI or 440+6 clone. Anyways, it's just hard to sell. Heck, look at Lumpy's car. He's got a dang nice Challenger and for a good price and guys are trying to low ball him. Same problem with a guy trying to sell a 70 Charger R/T SE. Anyways, I'll see what happens. I hope I do sell. I won't leave the board here but, this in the best interest as I have my friend build a "secret project" for me for half the price of what I've paid for the Chally and have a slightly bigger car. Anyways, I'm off of here for now.

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005 - 08:11:14 PM »
I think it costs $45.00 and it runs till it sells.

...and even long after it sells. There are cars on there still that have been sold for over a year.
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger

Oldschool

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005 - 08:16:49 PM »
...and even long after it sells. There are cars on there still that have been sold for over a year.

Mike,  I agree that a year is too long.  But I do like the fact that they remain posted at least for a while. This gives you a rough idea of what the car actually sold for and not just the asking price. Kinda levels the field a little.  If you wanted to sell or buy, you know what people are paying and not what someone would like to get. Just my  :2cents:........................Oldschool

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005 - 08:47:16 PM »
I dunno - I mean I guess its good to have the info but if the its over a year old it kind of skews things. I would prefer they put all the sold vehicles on a separate page, wouldn't you?.

72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger

Oldschool

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005 - 08:51:07 PM »
Yeah, that would be better.  If they did that, they should also list the date the car sold.  Then the info would be more useful.  Hey, if they left it up to you and I, we could have that deal straightened out in a day or two. :bananasmi..................Oldschool

Offline o1mrquick

• sonic auto sucks
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005 - 01:47:00 AM »
I feel your pain,  I usually get the guys that hound you for years then offer you what they were bought for brand new. Whats your car look like.  shoot up some pictures,  might be interested?  :money:  Vin

Offline cudacharlie

• 70 Cuda convert, 70 Charger R/T
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005 - 12:23:42 PM »
Did I miss something?  A actual 71 (not a re-trimmed 73) Cuda (clone, okay) that runs and drives and has an intact 71 grille, gilled fenders, and front valence and you're only asking $16k for it?

Where have I been?  Pics? :bigsmile:
70 Cuda convert
70 Charger R/T
06 Magnum SRT8

Offline 41husk

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2005 - 12:36:42 PM »
The price doesn't seem out of line for an ebody driver, may be better timming to wait until spring, income tax time and folksget the itch to go for a cruize. :2cents:
1969 Dodge Charger Daytona Clone 440/727
1970 Dodge Challenger Convertible 340/727
1977 Dodge D-700 Car Hauler 361/5spd
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 6.1/auto

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2005 - 12:42:05 PM »
The price doesn't seem out of line for an ebody driver, may be better timming to wait until spring, income tax time and folksget the itch to go for a cruize. :2cents:

Definately true.  Timing plays a big part of it.  Winter time is tough to sell a muscle car, depending what part of the country you're in.  In the snow states, muscle cars are cheaper as some people want to sell fast so they don't have to pay for storage.  Spring time/summer time is a good time to sell as more people are looking for a cruiser.  Just my 2 cents.  Hope all works out for you.
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2005 - 08:14:36 PM »
Thanks everyone. I'd like to sell it soon but, I guess Spring would be a better time. But, who knows. Anyways, I know some folks think I'm crazy but, I'd like to free up a little money since I'm paying around a payment on this and would like to cut that in half possibly. Anyways, I'm just being honest and just seeing what my options are at this point. I have a lot going on and would like to sale it. Not give it away though.

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2005 - 08:43:56 PM »
Here's my 2 cents.. cars -on-line as previously mentioned. Or... if you got a buddy with a dealers licensce and reasonably close to a Copart or IAAI facility have them run it through with a reserve. I know of 2 guys local that bought cars now just to get'm done and ready for spring! Might be worth a shot depending........
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2005 - 09:03:22 PM »
Well I put it on www.moparts.com again and I also posted it on www.cars-on-line.com just now. Should be on there tomorrow. Well, I'll see what happens. Actually it's a 71 Challenger not a Cuda. Has an R/T Hood, R/T Rear Valance with exhaust cutouts, and R/T Stripe. It's not a bad car just need to sell it.