Retire Cuda name for good?

Author Topic: Retire Cuda name for good?  (Read 3064 times)

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
Re: Retire Cuda name for good?
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2005 - 10:01:37 AM »
I asked a Dodge guy at SEMA about that and he replyed " No plans but you never know, Dodge Cuda is like making a Mercury Mustang...it just isn't right, besides the Charger and Challengers wher more popular."    I hope they let it rest.  I use to like GTO's.                    Vin   

The 'Cuda was the more popular of the 2 E bodies, with more sales.

Offline R/T

• Johnson City TN
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2005 - 10:32:57 AM »
I see it this way, if it has the Cuda look and performance I wouldn't care what they called it
1973 Challenger (OO/=====\OO)  440 
Hemis and Harleys
2008 Dodge Ram Big Horn Edition  5.7 Hemi

Offline mopar-or-no-car

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2005 - 01:27:21 PM »
Remember what mitsubishi did to the challenger? OMG!! need I say more!!!!!!  :eek4:

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2005 - 01:53:07 PM »
I've said it once and I'll say it again: "Plymouth, the name may be gone but the legend lives on!" I say keep it a legend. 'Cuda by Plymouth

'Cuda by any other name it isn't the same. I ought to be a poet!! LOL  :roflsmiley:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2005 - 05:16:31 PM »

The 'Cuda was the more popular of the 2 E bodies, with more sales.

Ghost,
  It's my understanding that they made more Challengers than Cudas. Are you saying there is a lot full of unsold Challengers sitting around somewhere??? Let me at them!!!!    :lol:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline VPOINTCUDA

• Wish she were done so I could take her out Ridin!
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2005 - 10:02:58 AM »
I had one of those mitsubishi challengers. Had the 2.2 in it. I got it from a junk yard for $25.oo. I ran it over with my Blazer . Nevr could get that junk to run. But , it was only $25.oo , right! :swear:
" the question isn't  when is he going to stop, but whose gonna stop him!"

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2005 - 08:10:50 PM »
Ghost,
  It's my understanding that they made more Challengers than Cudas. Are you saying there is a lot full of unsold Challengers sitting around somewhere??? Let me at them!!!!    :lol:

Mike

Really?  I always see more Barracudas then Challengers, so I figured they made more of them.  Plus, a couple years ago, someone said that more Cudas were made.  Oh well.

Offline n9671x2

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2005 - 08:23:36 PM »
A Dodge guy at SEMA says the Cuda wasn't that popular? HELLO??!! It just goes to show that the current crop of Dodge corporate types have no clue or ties to the historic past of the marque. It's kinda not surprising though, given what the '99 concept Charger morphed into for production. That being said, the Cuda name should rest in the graveyard alongside its parent, Plymouth. If Plymouth no longer exists, the Cuda shouldn't either. Just my  :2cents:

You can argue he is right.  They weren't that popular.  Look at the production numbers, they didn't do as well as Challengers.  Look at how many Furys, Monocos etc.. were made if you want to see what popular is to a profit driven corporation.

KTO

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2005 - 01:26:10 PM »
I would have bought this cuda in 1985  :thumbsup:

http://www.princetonautobody.com/cuda.htm

I sold my shelby charger a few months ago and really miss it... A MP ECU and 3" exhaust...that thing really flew... I think it had something to due with the fact that it weighed about as much as a 12 pack of High Life.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2005 - 01:28:41 PM by KTO »

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2005 - 03:37:16 PM »
I like `cudas over Challengers but the name died with Plymouth so make the Challenger like the concept pics and I`ll be happy buying that.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline FY1 RT SE

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2005 - 04:28:28 PM »
A Cuda by any other name will never be a Cuda in my book!
I think we should all take in a moment of silent reverie for our fallen namesake,
May she rest in peace , and those that survive , May you live long lives and always shine , no matter what the world throws at you ,
Always remember " WE WERE HERE FIRST , WE WILL BE HERE WHEN IT ENDS !"
Can I get an " AMEN?"

Mazda’s B-Series pick-up tended to fall short when it came to blowing its own trumpet in this manner but now the B-Series Barracuda is on call to hook buyers who may otherwise have slipped through the net.

Mazda’s announcement of the B-Series Barracuda came hot on the heels of a series of revisions that were made to the B-Series range in mid 2004. No sooner had the dust settled on the new alloy wheels and interior upgrades than news surfaced that the Barracuda would replace the existing range-topping models. Mazda certainly seem keen to get the B-Series right (after all, this was a vehicle that had been thoroughly facelifted as recently as 2002) but when you look at the wider pick-up picture, you start to understand why.

Offline VPOINTCUDA

• Wish she were done so I could take her out Ridin!
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2005 - 10:27:51 AM »
Mazda’s B-Series pick-up tended to fall short when it came to blowing its own trumpet in this manner but now the B-Series Barracuda is on call to hook buyers who may otherwise have slipped through the net.

Mazda’s announcement of the B-Series Barracuda came hot on the heels of a series of revisions that were made to the B-Series range in mid 2004. No sooner had the dust settled on the new alloy wheels and interior upgrades than news surfaced that the Barracuda would replace the existing range-topping models. Mazda certainly seem keen to get the B-Series right (after all, this was a vehicle that had been thoroughly facelifted as recently as 2002) but when you look at the wider pick-up picture, you start to understand why

I'm not quite sure I understand this! Are you saying that "Mazda" made a crap-box pick-up rust mobile and called it a Barracuda?
I have never seen a Mazda that wasn't rusted to sh-t !Maybe its just me , but I find this an insult to the Barracuda's great name !
" the question isn't  when is he going to stop, but whose gonna stop him!"

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2005 - 04:12:23 PM »
I guess he`s talking about this-

:puke: :puke: :puke:
Jeff
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2005 - 04:14:36 PM »
I don't see anything Torred??
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2005 - 04:23:53 PM »
Should be fixed now. :dunno:
Jeff
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi