Hey Lads, "TK"'s left, Check this out.....

Author Topic: Hey Lads, "TK"'s left, Check this out.....  (Read 5663 times)

Offline lumpy

Re: Hey Lads, "TK"'s left, Check this out.....
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2005 - 10:01:48 PM »
I didn't know there was an actual list of rules, maybe I just missed it. Talking about one's faith should not be something that causes alot of controversy. When all is said and done, it is just two peoples opinions, and shouldn't both sides respect each other?

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2005 - 10:18:03 PM »
Lumpy...there are no written rules.  The sites are run by the Administrators and Moderators of the board.  Ross has had this board running for four years now and it is pretty clear that there are two topics that turn sour really quickly every time...politics and religion.  It's usually around the 5th page where people start getting angry and the personal attacks start happening.  We (admins and mods) let these topics go until it starts getting nasty.  Then there is nothing more positive to be gained from the discussion.  When that happens, we lock it. 

If it is religion or politics you would like to discuss, Google is full of them.  Just about any other topic is fine.
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline cutting torch

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2005 - 10:22:49 PM »
I didn't know there was an actual list of rules, maybe I just missed it. Talking about one's faith should not be something that causes alot of controversy. When all is said and done, it is just two peoples opinions, and shouldn't both sides respect each other?

I agree. I have strong disagreements with folks over many things, but I tend to look for the things that bind, rather than the things that divide. The things that divide make for great arguments, while the things that bind will make for lifelong friends. The two can coexist, and even strengthen a friendship.

torch

Offline cutting torch

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2005 - 11:12:01 PM »
One of our "members" left, this place is "too PC" for him and he shows his anger at his favorite forum......
TK or Dodgetruckboy deleted himself. (None of you probably knew who he was anyway)

It is true, this place is PC and thats great because it beats being full of too much BS.
There site isn't my cup of tea but there are a few members there that are great, just not my style.....

http://mopartech.hamcar.info/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1645&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

You should be blaming the "too PC" comment on me, not tk. I said that, not him.

torch

Look at the "great" one word posts.......... :lol2:

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2005 - 11:48:39 PM »
What the effing hell is going on here?

Jesus, people, grow up.  I am officially ashamed of you. :nono:  This is just pathetic.  Cutting Torch, the thread was just bad taste.  A little immature.  NZ, there was absolutely no need to link this over here.  I THOUGHT we all were above this crap, which is why I love this site.  Don't tell me I was wrong now.....

Act like adults, and end it.  Now.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2005 - 12:55:58 AM »
What the effing hell is going on here?

Jesus, people, grow up.  I am officially ashamed of you. :nono:  This is just pathetic.  Cutting Torch, the thread was just bad taste.  A little immature.  NZ, there was absolutely no need to link this over here.  I THOUGHT we all were above this crap, which is why I love this site.  Don't tell me I was wrong now.....

Act like adults, and end it.  Now.

I asked the mods and MANY people were happy I posted this Ghost. Letting the forum know what kind of guys post here.
Ahsamed of me...... :roflsmiley: Cleaning out a few bugs is pathetic then I'm the bug doctor..........
Act like adults.....from Ghost? I'll leave it there.

Lumpy - As Rev mentioned there are no rules. But some rules should not have to be mentioned.
God, politics, racism and personal abuse are left at the door. The later 2 are obvious, the other 2 start trouble and being such deep topics can get ugly, quick. I have seen it myself many times on other boards and once here.

I just think of it as forum etiquette.  :thumbsup:

« Last Edit: December 04, 2005 - 01:02:38 AM by NZ440R/T »
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2005 - 01:13:44 AM »

THREAD LOCKED BY NZ440R/T
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60