what to do My old car....Pics

Author Topic: what to do My old car....Pics  (Read 1952 times)

Offline reflections7

• God Bless
what to do My old car....Pics
« on: December 03, 2005 - 10:19:57 AM »
Ok I owned this one for 10-11 years and sold it. Ran 12.60s on pump gas no nos. Had lots of fun in it. Won the burn out contest and got in march99 HPM magazine.
 Well I work for a bankrupt co right now and not trying to spend money. The wife said get it back, But havent been givin a price yet. The owner let someone else drive it and they blew the motor.Broke a comp cams retainer and ate a stainelss valve. Heard it hurt the motor pretty bad. Forged pistons and it poked a hole in it.  Its been sitting for years in storage and the owner emailed a few days ago and asked if I want it back.   

Offline reflections7

• God Bless
Re: what to do My old car....Pics
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005 - 10:32:11 AM »
circa sept 1990 wife looking over my new purchase while living in the apartments. I drove it home that day just like you see it.  hehehe.

Offline R/T

• Johnson City TN
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005 - 10:35:24 AM »
 :wow: How so when do you pick it up??? Don't walk , run and get it now!!!  :droolingbounce:  :woohoo:
1973 Challenger (OO/=====\OO)  440 
Hemis and Harleys
2008 Dodge Ram Big Horn Edition  5.7 Hemi

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005 - 11:32:10 AM »
  :droolingbounce:  :droolingbounce:  :droolingbounce:  I agree, run, don't walk!!!!    :woohoo:

Offline reflections7

• God Bless
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005 - 11:57:55 AM »
Sorry I have to post these too. This is my oldest shes now 11. She said she remembers it.  also the first day home opposite side. Both qtrs were replaced after I got it. .   

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005 - 01:15:03 PM »
  Most people don't get a second chance at buying back one of there old Mopars, especially one this rare!
 So quit reading this and go GET THE CAR NOW!!!!!!!!!

ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005 - 01:20:42 PM »
If the price is right I would not pass it up. Nice cars are very hard to come by. If you have any chance at getting it I would go for it as I let to many pass me by that were priced right I just never wanted to borrow the money as I would have to listen to my wife about the money I borrowed to get the Mopar. Good luck and I hope it all works out.
Jeff

:wavingflag:

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

RedLine

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2005 - 02:36:40 PM »
It's a big decision for anyone to purchase another car, but I know it must be epecially tough right now with your day job company in such precarious situation.  We have several close friends working there as mech's.  (You probably know Brian Mc...) 

But as the others have said here if you can swing it, having that sweet memory back in your stable would be cool.  Also- its good publicity for you should you go full time with the paint business-  shows your passion for Mopars even more!

Sure hope you can get it.

Speaking if memories, I found this one on the day after you finished building it . . .

« Last Edit: December 03, 2005 - 02:48:59 PM by RedLine »

Offline Bondavi

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2005 - 01:06:31 AM »

If you can get this car back at a decent price, you're still looking at a positive equity investment that should get profits EVEN if you are forced to sell it again. So, see if you can work out a price with the current owner RELATIVE to the price that you sold for it back then, not the prices they go for today. Then you should do OK. By the way is that a JS27N car?
David

'70 Challenger R/T FC7 440-6 4spd N96 3.54 Dana - SOLD

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2005 - 01:25:24 AM »
Reflections, I'd have to agree with what everyone else has said and try to purchase it back if you can.  It's a shame you did all that hard work on it only for someone else to have it sit now.  That's just my  :2cents: worth, though.  Obviously, it all comes down to how financially secure you are right now to buy back a valuable car with today's market.
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2005 - 08:34:57 AM »
Sure would be a super neat thing to happen, to be able to have her back again, but I'm sure the guy who owns her realizes what she is worth even in her current condition, anymore it's not the motor as much as it is the model and the numbers that determine the value. But you already know this, which in one regard makes it even more reason to try and bring her home, especially wih your wife supporting the idea. Hope you can arrange it Ed, that sure would be great.  :thumbsup: Good luck and I hope we soon see a pic of her sitting in your driveway.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline cudabuyer

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2005 - 10:02:27 AM »
How funny as I look at this car and I thought I had the only 70 TA Clone Convertible (whatever) but still has the 340 6pak - particularly since the car is still sitting at the transport in MI.  Hopefully under the tree in the garage for Christmas.

I am so glad to see the 440 6pak stripe on the side of the car since I have decided to have the engine built (approx 558 hp) ahd put in the car.  So I will have a 340 6pak with auto trans and a bunch of other noncompatible parts  if anyone is interested.

Hope you get "your" car back
70 Dodge Challenger Convertible 6.1 Hemi

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2005 - 10:49:37 AM »
I guess it would come down to whether or not I wanted it back!  Did I miss somewhere that states why you sold it to begin with . . . sorry can't remember sh!t in my old age!   :faint:   If you always regretted selling it and have a chance to by it back, I would do it.  If you're tight for cash and didn't miss the car that much, I would let it slide.  JMO!   :cheers:

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2005 - 11:31:58 AM »
only you can make the call on it , if it si going to create hardship for your family you have to pass it up , if not you know where the value is going , it has to be a good investment

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

kudakidd

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2005 - 12:23:17 PM »
your family and the necessities of life come first. Remember, it just a car. (please no flaming)