who else is a student?

Author Topic: who else is a student?  (Read 1754 times)

Offline 68 A

who else is a student?
« on: December 03, 2005 - 01:25:37 PM »
just procrastinating from doing some work, i know theres a few other members that are in college too, just wondering who, where and what major? I'm a senior at Cornell, a dairy science major, plus some crop classes and business classes.

Steve
'68 Barracuda in long term restoration
'70 Dart Swinger for crusin
'88 Mastercraft Prostar 190
'01 Dakota daily driver

Offline Killer_Mopar

Re: who else is a student?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005 - 02:38:53 PM »
Im also a college student, my major is Electrical Engineering....more specifically applied electronics/airway facilities. This is my 2nd year and hope to have my certification at the end of this year and (2) Associate's degrees at the end of my 3rd year :biggrin:. My freshman year I attended the University of Toledo. After discovering that all my classes can be transferred from my local community college (joint partnership), I decided to save 10K+ this year and take classes back home. After I get my 2 degrees I will look for a job over the summer, if I cant find one then I will be going back to Toledo for another 1.5-2 years  :crying:

On a side note, how are finals for you????......Luckily I only had two finals this semester and since I have an A in one of the classes, I dont have to take that final :biggrin:

Ohh and please tell me what a dairy science major does for a living(I have a general idea) and what classes do you have to take for that major????
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline moparguy01

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005 - 03:11:34 PM »
Right now im in college to add on to my previous degree. I have an associate in automotive restoration technology, and now im adding in for a bachelors in industrial management.  Lucky i have a job in my field, so i do work on street rods and classic cars when im not at class. Gotta love that.

Offline MoparMatt383

• Member as of March 2004
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005 - 03:20:30 PM »
I am in school also.  I am in my 4th year at St Johns college of pharmacy in New York City.  Its a 6 year Phd program.  Always plenty of work to do and to put off doing lol.  In the spring of 07 I go on clinical rotations 9 different hospitals and community setting.  I cant wait for that because I'll be out of the class room for a year.

Matt
Too many projects and nothing gets done.

Offline gotacuda23

• 73 mist green 440 cuda
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005 - 05:27:55 PM »
uh, im a freshman in highschool if that counts as a student?

mopar_guy333

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005 - 05:36:47 PM »
LOL I'm a senior in HS if that counts..  :dunno:

Offline Pixie_Duster

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005 - 06:39:17 PM »
well goin along with the whole HS student, i'm a junior....  :dunno: yea. its cool- i guess. :grinno:

Offline cutting torch

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2005 - 10:43:41 PM »
I learned CPR on Tuesday, if that counts. It is very brutal, not at all like you see on TV.

torch

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2005 - 11:43:56 PM »
I'm a Mechanical Engineering student at the University of Wisconsin Platteville. (one of WI's larger engineering schools)  As for minors, I am taking up Business and Spanish.  It's my second year now in their program, and already things are quite tough.
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2005 - 12:01:59 AM »
I was in a University last year, studying to become a Veterinarian.  Decided that I really didn't want to go through 8-12 more years of school, so I left at the end of the year.  Now I'm saving up to go to a 2 year Veterinary Technition school, so I will be a student again in a year or 2.

Offline pettybluecuda

• www.cudaregistry.com
    • 70-74 barracuda-cuda' registry
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2005 - 12:32:16 AM »
I was  going to school in Madison wisconsin for a few years for architecture untill i was in a car wreck back 2 half years ago, so now im just sitting around waiting for some of my problems to get better. I do hope to go back, It was fun! I did try going back last year but do to memory problems it forced me to hold off. If i make it back it will be another 7 years of school! FUN FUN!

later,
Jesse Lee

:wave:

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2005 - 01:11:40 AM »
I'm a Mechanical Engineering student at the University of Wisconsin Platteville. (one of WI's larger engineering schools)  As for minors, I am taking up Business and Spanish.  It's my second year now in their program, and already things are quite tough.

I hear ya street challenged73, I just graduated from mechanical engineering at Dalhousie University(Halifax, Nova Scotia) last year. It sure doesn't get any easier after the first couple years..lol. I wanted to get into the automotive industry, but there was only a few jobs with General Motors Canada, and Ford Canada offered, both management and no design. So I focused on the oil and gas industry, had a couple work terms with Husky Energy and Exxon. Seems to be where most of the work is in Canada, so i'll keep my automotive intrests as a hobby..lol. Its a lot of work but its well worth it graduation day!!

:woo:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005 - 01:18:44 AM by 1BADFISH »

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline 68 A

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2005 - 12:32:07 PM »
Killer-
My finals arent too bad, i took one early, my integrated pest managment class has a take home test and my dairy nutrition is a group oral final (not what it may sound), its a very in depth and complicated class so its better than a writen test.  Most dairy science majors like me are from dairy farms, and most of us return back to farms. Some become dairy nutritionist (they make diets for cows) and some work for farm credit which is the major ag lending company in the US. Some of the classes i've taken include, dairy cattle principles, dairy nutrition, herd health, dairy cattle selection, farm business managament, farm finance, marketing, ag business strategies, soils, weed managment, grains, forages, whole farm nutrient management and i'm also taking a class on wines next semester. Thats a majority of the classes we take, i didnt take them all but most of them. Its not a very time consuming major for the most part, minimal studying and lots of time for the bar. Engineering sounds like it requires more studying than i do, not one of my favorite activities.

Steve
'68 Barracuda in long term restoration
'70 Dart Swinger for crusin
'88 Mastercraft Prostar 190
'01 Dakota daily driver

Offline Moparmatt

• Resident
  • Mopar or No Car - Member Since 10/09/03
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2005 - 02:37:47 PM »
Senior in HS here...

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2005 - 02:54:38 PM »
just procrastinating from doing some work, i know theres a few other members that are in college too, just wondering who, where and what major? I'm a senior at Cornell, a dairy science major, plus some crop classes and business classes.

Steve

You lucky duck.  If I had the chance to do it all over again I would be at Cornell right now for Veterinary Science.  Good luck to you!  Now go hit the books  :banghead: