Rear suspension

Author Topic: Rear suspension  (Read 1034 times)

Offline Kilrcuda

• M.ostley O.ver P.owered A.nd R.espected
Rear suspension
« on: December 05, 2005 - 12:23:51 PM »
I recently was talking to a friend (old timer) and he had mentioned that during the early super stock racing years Mopar had a system called a leaf link system. he described it as standard leaf sprung rear (SS springs) with a upper link mounted creating almost a 4 link rear. Has anyone seen or heard of this setup? If so do you have pictures or more information, it might be an interesting setup!
1971 Cuda 340, auto.

Offline speedfreak440

Re: Rear suspension
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005 - 02:02:03 PM »
There is a leaf-link system mentioned in the mopar chassis manual. I scanned over the article briefly a couple of years ago (as I remember the article was pretty lengthy) They used that particular system/variations on a couple of cars, I will try and remember to look it up tonight.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Rear suspension
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005 - 12:30:59 AM »
Yes I have seen it , you need a 3-4" tall trangle bracket generally doulbe shear so 2 plates & a rod with rod ends linked from the diff straight forward or slightly downward  to the frame rail , of course the frame rail needs to be re-enforced , clamping the front sectiion of the leaf with a square U bolt will help to stiffen the leaf as well
 this sytem is often used on 4x4s as well for traction

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t