What tunes are you running in your Ebody?

Author Topic: What tunes are you running in your Ebody?  (Read 4080 times)

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
What tunes are you running in your Ebody?
« on: December 05, 2005 - 08:11:29 PM »
I finished installing my stereo this weekend. I'll confess, I was going to go with the TP-900 Pioneer Super-Tuner cassette. It an oldie (but a goodie). With that big round dial lit up in stereo just takes me back ya know? However, reality set in when I started measuring things and figured out it would mean mean hacking the dash more than it was already. So I backed out of that idea and am saving the ole Super-Tuner for my next muscle car. I ended up going with an Alpine 9835 and it is too sweet. At 26w per channel, I got plenty of thump from all four corners without the need for an external amp.  I put a pair of 6x9 Infinty Kappa's in the back and they sound great. The 9835 is too cool with the custom color control, B&W graphic animated display, motorized three angle face plate, etc - it is too cool for school. If you are looking at HU's ck out the Alpine 9835. What audio unit are you running in your Mopar?

« Last Edit: December 05, 2005 - 08:33:09 PM by miketyler »
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline VPOINTCUDA

• Wish she were done so I could take her out Ridin!
Re: What tunes are you running in your Ebody?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005 - 08:32:59 PM »
I have a hole  where the radio is supposed to be ! I am really pretty stupid when it comes to sound tech. I am also on the pretty poor side , right at the present time, ( probably won't be much on the richer side next spring , either !) But am open to suggestions for tunage for my girl! If it were up to me , I'd just let her make her own music !  :burnout:
" the question isn't  when is he going to stop, but whose gonna stop him!"

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005 - 08:35:26 PM »

Pioneer Headunit - Model: DEHP1Y
Pioneer 460-Watt Speakers - Model: TSA6991S
Pioneer 6 CD Changer - Model: CDXP680
Phoenix Gold Amp - Model: QX1802

:thumbsup:

« Last Edit: December 05, 2005 - 08:36:58 PM by NZ440R/T »
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005 - 08:56:46 PM »
shuuuuweeeet! Simple and unique innovative design there NZ! 
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005 - 08:58:52 PM »
I'm buying a "secret audio"system, hidden tuner under the seat with RF remote and head unit in the glove box, dual voice coil 4 X 10 in front, 6 X 9's in back, and I'm thinkin about a sub that fits under the seat. In dash will be a non working AM from ma Mopar.

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005 - 09:08:40 PM »
When we were looking at new audio systems for the Chally, we wanted to get a unit that had the same colors as our dashlights.  It's rather dark in there at night anyway, but the dash lights are green, so we didn't want a neon blue or a red lighted system.  So we ended up with a Jenson CD player (don't remember the model #).  We put new small speakers in the dash (that was not fun!) and new 6 X 9's in the back.  We also put in a 200 watt amplifier in the trunk.  All in all, it sounds pretty good...nothing like some of those thumpers that pull up next to you on the street, but sufficient for how we like to listen to music!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005 - 09:57:26 PM »
All of those look like good sound systems.  I plan on using exclusively Sony Explode speakers and head unit with a Scosche amp.  I'll probably put in a system that puts out around 900 Watts 'cause I like my bass music. (should sound great with a screaming small block, too.)
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005 - 11:47:38 PM »
Im runnin a Alpine MP3/CD player, Polk Audio Speakers (4). Sounds pretty darn good for me.

Kickpanel speakers

(no i didnt cut my original panels, they are in safe keeping. i bought those already cut  :icon16:
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005 - 10:10:05 AM »
Hey Rev - I just got the 6x9 adapter that allows two speakers in the back with rear defroster. Do you notice a weaker right rear with the driver being down lower than the left? Was curious if that made much difference
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005 - 10:12:47 AM »
Nope, I've never noticed any difference.  Sounds great!  :ylsuper:
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline cuda

• 1970 340 Cuda, pistol grip 4 speed,3:91 sure grip
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2005 - 10:53:40 AM »
Im running a remote JVC mp3 cd player with Sony X plode 6 by 9. Deck is  mounted in the glove box. I still have the original am radio in place, because i like the original look. It pounds pretty well.  :thumbsup:

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2005 - 11:29:33 AM »
cool - nothing like a pumpin' thumpin' amp to go with blaring pipes on the mopar. How about antennas? I am replacing the passenger side fender as it was fiberglass. The replacement has had some slight mods, one of which is the antenna hole has been shaved smooth. Whats a good internal antenna solution?   
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005 - 11:58:29 AM by miketyler »
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2005 - 11:57:16 AM »
I'm still running original AM/FM radio's in both my 70 Cuda and 71 Challenger RT. The Cuda has the thumbwheel radio while the Challenger has the knobs tune the radio. I have updated the speakers but nothing has been done with either radio as I always enter the original restored class and many show judges like the original radio to be in place.

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

KTO

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2005 - 01:58:39 PM »
In my coronet...

I have a Kenwood CD/MP3 player tucked in the glove box. Only $15 to replace the box liner.

It is really nice since it comes with a remote control. Really easy to control from the driver's seat. Plus it plays MP3 CDs so I can put a few hundred songs on one disc.

For the front speakers, I got an extra set of kick panels, cut holes and installed a set of 6.5" Infinity low profile speakers. Infinity 6x9s in the back.

It sounds nice....when the car is not running :)  3" exhaust, and flowmasters that dump right before the axle tends to dround out any sound within a 5 block radius.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2005 - 02:39:46 PM »
Right now it's not hooked up but once the interior is done the original stock AM radio and the Pioneer 8-track the original owner installed.  (Pardon the fake woodgrain!  :puke:)

Any one for Engelbert Humperdink?  (Yes, that's his real name.)  That's the only 8-track so far.  Good 'nuff for now.

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger