Overhaulin' Your Cuda or Challenger

Author Topic: Overhaulin' Your Cuda or Challenger  (Read 22566 times)

kudakidd

Overhaulin' Your Cuda or Challenger
« on: December 07, 2005 - 07:50:44 AM »
After watching the show last night where Fosse and his gang overhauled a Dodge Magnum, I thought to myself would I be happily surprised if my Cuda was taken and 'Overhauled'? The immediate answer was 'ell NO! I like it just the way it is, thanks. What about you?

Offline oldvamoparfan

• MOPAR; The only way to go!!!!!!!
Re: Overhaulin' Your Cuda or Challenger
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005 - 08:42:22 AM »
I saw a TV show where some guys wife took her husbands' all original 'Cuda to these guys, & they proceeded to do a complete remake of it, including a very wild paint job.  I think I would have had a stroke if my wife had done that.  If a guy wants to "rad out" his wheels, then that's his car, but I much prefer one that is at least reasonably similar to stock.  All the resto work wouldnt be bad, but the paint was too much.. Also, if you want to drive the car on the street with any regularity at all, then the super mod engine would make it not too pleasant.  I guess it comes down to what you want to do with the car.   Ovmy
'72 Challenger 360,  '05 Dakota,   04 Town & Country,   '82 Yamaha 650 Maxim

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005 - 09:06:48 AM »
Let me think, I can have my car fixed up, painted, new running gear,new  brakes, new wheels, new interior, etc FOR FREE AND IN 7 DAYS without having to get dirty and  grimy myself.  And the only thing I have to worry about is a couple of Foosims I may not care for - WHERE DO I SIGN UP!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005 - 09:19:37 AM »
I saw the one where Foose did this guys 71 Challenger and riced it all up. The interior is :puke:
I do like the wheels.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005 - 09:43:50 AM »
It all depends what I have to start with.  If they took my '72 Rallye 340 (numbers matching  :crying:) and turned it into a '70 RT/SE with a new 6.1L Hemi/6 speed in Plum Crazy, 17" Magnum 500s, and Go Wing, maybe even those wierd ghost flames,  I might say, "I'll be back in a weeks guys!".

If I had an original '70-'71 Challenger R/T #s matching surviver and my wife thinks she's doing me a favor and had it Overhauled, someone's head is gonna be on a platter.  They typically don't make it look stock.  Actually far from stock looking.

Some of the G-Machine/Rice stuff looks cool but it's hard to watch when they take a nice, stock car and toss the originality out the window.  I think Lance Armstong's GTO was nice before the overhaul.  There was also a cool ?'63? Corvette that was buried in a big garage of stuff that looked vintage hot rod with nice ?Torque Thrust rims? and they did it up.

One of my favorite episodes is when they "stole" some surfer dude's El Camino and did it up nice.  The car was nice but I love this episode because of the reaction of the kid.  You could tell he was a real nice guy and really appreciated  what they did for him.  When he was crying tears of joy and appreciation at the end it made me cry too! :crying:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline mrcuda

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005 - 11:11:58 AM »
I had the opportunity to meet Foose  in August and he drew a picture of a blown Cuda on a free t-shirt for me, and signed it. If that was enough he also did the same for my friend's 63 nova, and my other friend's 70 charger. All of this while taking pictures and seeming to be very happy that we were true car guys. If they overhauled my 70 gran coupe convertible, or my 71 challenger convertible, I would be very happy. :bigsmile:

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005 - 11:22:55 AM »
I had the opportunity to meet Foose  in August and he drew a picture of a blown Cuda on a free t-shirt for me, and signed it. If that was enough he also did the same for my friend's 63 nova, and my other friend's 70 charger. All of this while taking pictures and seeming to be very happy that we were true car guys. If they overhauled my 70 gran coupe convertible, or my 71 challenger convertible, I would be very happy. :bigsmile:
Cool, do you have picture of the T-shirt? :useless:

Offline ROMI

• 71 Challenger R/T 340 4 speed, Lapeer Michigan
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005 - 11:25:37 AM »
DON'T Touch my Challenger............

Offline mrcuda

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005 - 11:27:30 AM »
I'll try to find  a picture of the shirt.

Offline jakehog

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005 - 12:32:02 PM »
Not a big fan of Foosisms, see above picture of that Challenger. I'll build it myself thank you.

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005 - 12:37:46 PM »
I am not sure how I would feel.  I know part of why I have my project is that it is a way for me to get back into the hobby.  To have someone else do the work would take most of the fun away for me.
However, I can't wait to drive the car!   ...and hopefully since I have a pretty clear direction I am going, it wouldn't be deviated by much.

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2005 - 03:26:49 PM »
Though I like some of the things he does to the cars, I'd have to say certain cars don't deserve to be stripped of their cool options (insert the '71 Challenger he did here.) while others can still turn out looking cool.  (The flamed racing stripes on the Chevelle episode)

So with that said, I'd gladly keep my car and do it up EXACTLY the way I like it, not how people think I'd like it to look. (but apparently that still didn't matter to the team on one car where the guy was freaking out 'cause Foose put something on that he explicitly told them his wife would not care for.)
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2005 - 03:30:52 PM »

Nope, he's a great builder but how could he possibly build a car for me when I'm the only one who knows exactly what I want.

To get the best results build it yourself.  :thumbsup:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2005 - 03:37:52 PM »
Well, if my car was pretty close to a POS, then I wouldn't mind him having at it. I would be pretty upset if he touched my car now though.  :swear: I guess it's all a matter of taste, but if your car is pretty much original, then I would say keep it that way. The way Foose does things is to make a classic car look closer to rice in my opinion.  ::)

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline xblade

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2005 - 04:13:10 PM »
I really like the the Foose challenger. There are a million fixed up challengers with R/T or TA stripes, one a little different is OK.