Overhaulin' Your Cuda or Challenger

Author Topic: Overhaulin' Your Cuda or Challenger  (Read 22567 times)

Oldschool

Re: Overhaulin' Your Cuda or Challenger
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2005 - 06:46:51 PM »
 Kudakid-- How could he improve on it? I mean it already has it all.  See through doors, and the ever popular no look hood and matching grill ensemble. Excellent job ther my friend.  :roflsmiley: .................Oldschool

Offline hotrod98

• Maniac Musclecars
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2005 - 07:16:24 PM »
ROMI,
Very, very nice and I don't blame you for not wanting that car Foosified.  :clapping:

Kudakidd,
I know you have a nicer car than that and Foose would crap if he saw that car hauled in. :popcorn:

Come on guys...let's see them. I love those e-bodies.
1971 Cuda, Tor-red, Bench seat
1971 Cuda Drag Car
1973 Cuda Clone, EFI/OD Limelight
1970 Superbird (Yes, it's real) Black Ice
1971 Barracuda Sassy Grass Green (sold)
1970 Challenger RT SE 383 Plum Crazy
1969 Road Runner Hardtop
1968 Road Runner Coupe (sold)

www.maniacmusclecars.com

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2005 - 07:34:58 PM »
What I've noticed in this thread is that most of you guys that are against having your car Foosed don't even bother to show us how nice your car is now. Come on now...do you guys even own an e-body? We want to see these cars that are just too nice to Foosify.  :popcorn:

Most of us prefer to build our cars ourselves, to what WE want, not what some guy we don't even know wants.

I'll be the first to admit my car needs work, but, unless Foose builds her the way I want, he can keep his hands off her.

kudakidd

« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2005 - 07:38:28 PM »
ROMI,
Very, very nice and I don't blame you for not wanting that car Foosified.  :clapping:

Kudakidd,
I know you have a nicer car than that and Foose would crap if he saw that car hauled in. :popcorn:

Come on guys...let's see them. I love those e-bodies.

Luckily, I heard a noise in my garage and fired a shotgun round in the air to scare away the culprits. As you can see, the Foose felons did manage to leave their mark.   :roflsmiley:

« Last Edit: December 12, 2005 - 07:41:20 PM by kudakidd »

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2005 - 09:13:07 PM »

Luckily, I heard a noise in my garage and fired a shotgun round in the air to scare away the culprits. As you can see, the Foose felons did manage to leave their mark.   :roflsmiley:

Nice photo shop job there KK.
Could you put those rims onto my Challenger. I liked the look of them on the Charger 500 on the cover of the Feb 06 Mopar Muscle magazine.

1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline mrcuda

« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2005 - 05:40:00 PM »
What I've noticed in this thread is that most of you guys that are against having your car Foosed don't even bother to show us how nice your car is now. Come on now...do you guys even own an e-body? We want to see these cars that are just too nice to Foosify. :popcorn:
Well here goes one of my E-bodies that will hopefully be finished soon, and  I would let Foose work on my car. Hot Rod98 you have an impressive list of cars there. :drool:

Offline hotrod98

• Maniac Musclecars
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2005 - 07:58:01 PM »
I currently own 16 mopars. There's a couple that aren't finished and I would love to have Foose steal one. My wife and I were on the set of overhaulin at vegas last year and had a blast. Foose was a super nice guy and very easy to talk to. I told him that he could take one of my cars anytime he wanted. I guess if I only owned one mopar that I might be a little more picky.
I like that red vert. I wanted to paint my 70 chal convert red , but my wife mixed a custom yellow color in our paint room at the dealership.
1971 Cuda Drag Car
1969 Road Runner Hardtop

www.maniacmusclecars.com

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2005 - 08:48:01 PM »
I currently own 16 mopars. There's a couple that aren't finished and I would love to have Foose steal one. My wife and I were on the set of overhaulin at vegas last year and had a blast. Foose was a super nice guy and very easy to talk to. I told him that he could take one of my cars anytime he wanted. I guess if I only owned one mopar that I might be a little more picky.
I like that red vert. I wanted to paint my 70 chal convert red , but my wife mixed a custom yellow color in our paint room at the dealership.

Would you sell your triple black 69? Got any 68 Chargers?  :dunno: :naughty:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline hotrod98

• Maniac Musclecars
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2005 - 09:53:36 PM »
Actually, I'm still buying cars. I think I've found another rust free 69 runner and possible a pretty solid 70 runner. May pick up one or both this weekend, I hope. I'm almost 50 yrs old and will continue to restore them until I'm 65 and then many of them will be auctioned off with family members getting the rest. I drive most of them pretty regularly.  I also collect Pontiac TransAms, but I don't talk about that on this forum. I've sold all of my camaros and chevelles in the last couple of years and mostly buy mopars now. About five years ago, I sold seven chargers including 3 68 R/T's. They were all pretty much rust free. They've all found good homes and only one of them ended up as a General Lee. He's a local police officer so I don't give him a hard time about it.
1971 Cuda Drag Car
1969 Road Runner Hardtop

www.maniacmusclecars.com

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2005 - 09:55:54 PM »

Soooooooo, the 69 isn't for sale?  :lol2: :dunno:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline o1mrquick

• sonic auto sucks
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2005 - 12:14:44 AM »
hey did you guys see tonites episode?  The owner had a say on how it was to be built...still came out looking like a bad acid trip.    jk
 :roflsmiley:   
 vin

Offline hotrod98

• Maniac Musclecars
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2005 - 07:48:24 AM »
I agree...that paint job was hideous. If one of my painters here at the dealership painted something for a customer that looked that bad, I would kindly ask him to look for another place of employment.

NZ...no, I'm currently restoring it, and possibly converting it to a daytona, just having problems getting good daytona parts.
1971 Cuda Drag Car
1969 Road Runner Hardtop

www.maniacmusclecars.com

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2005 - 09:22:48 AM »
Hey Hotrod98 do you have your own restoration business or a dealership that restores cars on the side. Theres a couple dealers around here that are getting into restoring old cars in the back of the dealership, its great to be able to go to a lot and see some old cars restored sitting along side new stock.

Dave

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2005 - 09:31:02 AM »
Actually, I'm still buying cars. I think I've found another rust free 69 runner and possible a pretty solid 70 runner. May pick up one or both this weekend, I hope. I'm almost 50 yrs old and will continue to restore them until I'm 65 and then many of them will be auctioned off with family members getting the rest. I drive most of them pretty regularly.  I also collect Pontiac TransAms, but I don't talk about that on this forum. I've sold all of my camaros and chevelles in the last couple of years and mostly buy mopars now. About five years ago, I sold seven chargers including 3 68 R/T's. They were all pretty much rust free. They've all found good homes and only one of them ended up as a General Lee. He's a local police officer so I don't give him a hard time about it.
Hotrod98, I had to laugh when I read your post. I collect Mopars, and early and late 70's Pontiac Trans ams also. I have had more than a dozon. I only have one T/A now, a very low mileage 78, 400 cid. 4spd car black and gold T/A 6.6.
Out of all the T/A's it's been my favorate, I've owned it for 15 years.
I would love to see pics of your T/A's, as long as none of our Mopar friends don't mine.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2005 - 09:40:41 AM »
That pic won't hurt my eyes.  I like T/As too.  We had an '81 and a turbo '80.   I almost picked up a '76 a few months ago to play with.

Did you guys ever see a story about the police department in Catoosa County in Georgia about thier cars?  For police cars they ran Trans Ams and GTOs.  Maybe someone on our forum from GA will know.  Here's a blurb about it and a link.  Sorry, GM stuff but interesting.

"In the late 70`s early 80`s in the north GA town of Ringgold the county of Catoosa lived a Sheriff named J.D.Stewart he was a legend songs were written about him and his escapades(no kidding`)He served his office for many many terms.He was liked and feared by folks on both sides of the law and well respected.
As for the cars his deputies drove absolutely some of the fastest on the highway pontiac GTO`s and TRANS AMS.
The patrol cars were built to run....rundown and outrun.
HOTROD magazine either had an article or there was some sort of advertisement in there magazine about J.D. and his T.A.`s I don`t remeber what year."

http://boards.historychannel.com/thread.jspa?threadID=600010635&tstart=0&start=-1
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger