Overhaulin' Your Cuda or Challenger

Author Topic: Overhaulin' Your Cuda or Challenger  (Read 22589 times)

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: Overhaulin' Your Cuda or Challenger
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2005 - 04:18:43 PM »
I really like the the Foose challenger. There are a million fixed up challengers with R/T or TA stripes, one a little different is OK.

:iagree: I know where you are coming from. I just wouldn't want that for mine, even though it isn't what it started out as. Like I said, if my car was hurtin' a little, I would take any type of upgrade.  :grinyes:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2005 - 04:24:22 PM »
I guess it would depend how it came out.My `72 Barracuda is modified from it`s original plain jane 318/auto combo anyway so as long as it isn`t too ricer looking he can have at it.No 20" ricer looking wheels or too wild interior or stereo,maybe some nice flame graphics and of course keep the frikkin door handles and keep it orange!I liked the the Challenger paint and the Chevelle hood graphics and some of the other graphics.If my wife gave him my `70 road runner I`d wanna kill as it is getting restored very close to stock.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

kudakidd

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2005 - 05:23:51 PM »

Nope, he's a great builder but how could he possibly build a car for me when I'm the only one who knows exactly what I want.

To get the best results build it yourself.  :thumbsup:

Well said, NZ. Although I'm not sure about everyone getting the best results when they do the build themselves! :biggrin:

Offline mopar-or-no-car

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2005 - 05:34:27 PM »
I saw the one where Foose did this guys 71 Challenger and riced it all up. The interior is :puke:
I do like the wheels.
I would have killed my other half for doing something like that to my chally!! and he removed the wing too! he ruined a what we can assume to be a numbers matching all original 71!!! what a waste!! He took a valuable car and made it ??????? I'd have killed her!!! I know she was trying to do something nice but come on!! and I agree it looks like Rice   :puke:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2005 - 06:14:45 PM »
Well said, NZ. Although I'm not sure about everyone getting the best results when they do the build themselves! :biggrin:

Sorry, my answer was a little vague. I meant, if I could tell Chip exactly what I wanted 100% of the way, definitely.
But I would never give someone my Challenger and say, "do your best"  :eek4:

That's the only way you will get a car that your love is if you are the boss 100% of the way.  :thumbsup:
If I didn't like something, I would let them know and to make sure I was happy even if it takes 3 times as long.....

I wouldn't complain if someone gave me the Foose Challenger, not at all, but not with my car. I would sell the Chip Challenger for $$$.

:biggrin:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline xblade

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2005 - 06:17:30 PM »
I doubt it was a numbers matching all original car and the guys dad was there for the build so maybe it was exactly like he wanted it.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2005 - 06:24:18 PM »
 :iagree: True, but even Dads or best friends don't know 100% about what you want.

If my Dad could have built Lucy the way she is with the things I wanted he would have been under quarantine for ESP.   :lol2:

Sure he could have said build it white, with black interior and a pioneer head unit but then there is all the underside, what shocks, mirrors, amp, do I want a CD changer and where to place it, pop up trunk yes/no, paint behind the grille which bolts to paint, what mats, alarm what functions, more ride height, what tyres, what rims how big, what cam, headers, hot or mild build........ etc etc the list is huge.

Anyhow, I maybe wrong, I just think the only way you can get a car you like is if you are giving the orders or building it yourself. 

:wave:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005 - 06:26:25 PM by NZ440R/T »

Offline mopar-or-no-car

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2005 - 06:43:31 PM »
I doubt it was a numbers matching all original car and the guys dad was there for the build so maybe it was exactly like he wanted it.
I got the impression that he was the original owner! he got the car as a present in Hight school and had kept it ever since! That is why he was so "freaked out" when his wife told him it was gone!! did you see the show? that car was his BABY!!!

Offline mrcuda

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2005 - 07:56:59 PM »
The father could have been the original owner, but the guy getting overhauled was no older than into  his 30's.

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2005 - 08:30:23 PM »
The Foose Challenger was not all original, if I recall.  I DO know that the father was the original owner, and the son got it from him.

As for my car on Overhaulin... well, that depends.  If ALL they do is rebuild my engine, do the bodywork and paint it the ORIGINAL YY1 Light Tan Poly, recover the front bench seats, and install a black vinyl top, I'd do it.  Maybe fix the stock radio, and add a hidden CD player.  Other than that, no, I wouldn't want it to be Overhauled.  Plus, I doubt I could afford the taxes on the work, which I'd HAVE to pay.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2005 - 08:37:18 PM »

On one episode of Rides Fooze said something like:

"Not everyone has a custom car if they want one built by me, $400 an hour and it's theres"  :eek7:
One 8 hour day = $3,200 not including parts I guess either.......  :sly:

:eek4:

Offline 68 A

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2005 - 10:01:32 PM »
i agree with NZ. I guess the one thing i would be happy about is i would have a car that is 10 years closer to being driven.
'68 Barracuda in long term restoration
'70 Dart Swinger for crusin
'88 Mastercraft Prostar 190
'01 Dakota daily driver

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2005 - 11:26:52 PM »
I would have had a heart attack if my wife had done this to either my Challenger or my Cuda. I like them just the way they are thanks.

:wavingflag:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005 - 10:36:24 AM by 71340RT »

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2005 - 11:50:34 PM »
The car was not all original or numbers matching.  A member on Moparts actually worked on the car afterwards and it was not the original engine or tranny.  Also it is not nor was a original R/T.  I have pictures of it around here somewhere.  I've seen tons upon tons of restored trailer queens, I want something different, something unique, something no one else will have.  That 71 Challenger is amazing I think, he could have done better on the stripe, but still very cool car.  If anyone wants pics of the 71 Chally at the guys shop, I have them on my computer.

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2005 - 01:27:15 AM »

On one episode of Rides Fooze said something like:

"Not everyone has a custom car if they want one built by me, $400 an hour and it's theres"  :eek7:
One 8 hour day = $3,200 not including parts I guess either.......  :sly:

:eek4:
That explains why they have to finish the car in 7 days.  Any more time and the show would go bankrupt! :eek4:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger