Overhaulin' Your Cuda or Challenger

Author Topic: Overhaulin' Your Cuda or Challenger  (Read 22592 times)

Offline Blackcuda

Re: Overhaulin' Your Cuda or Challenger
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2005 - 08:44:42 AM »
I don't care how good Foose is at what he does, he totally missed the mark with the Challenger. The car is a riced out muscle car. The interior looks like crap with all that lime green and black, I would have riped that junk out the minute I got the car home, or make them change it to all black.
I'm still amazed that out of all the muscle cars that Foose has done, he would come up with that garbage.  :banghead:

Going back and watching that episode, I think the dude was happy to have his car back, and restored, but was a little shocked with the colors.

Offline oldvamoparfan

• MOPAR; The only way to go!!!!!!!
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2005 - 10:38:05 AM »
Well folks, My '72 Challenger is not all original or #s matching either, but I would still have a stroke if someone did that to mine.  I would rather do it myself anyway.    Ovmf
'72 Challenger 360,  '05 Dakota,   04 Town & Country,   '82 Yamaha 650 Maxim

Offline cudacharlie

• 70 Cuda convert, 70 Charger R/T
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2005 - 02:33:24 PM »
No thanks!  If I went through a week of thinking my 'Cuda had been stolen, and then it was revealed to me with a two-tone paint job and 20's, I'd have a cow.

Chip:  "We swapped in seats from an '82 Mitsubishi Starion and did them up in two-tone upholstery....  What do you think?  Cool, huh?
Me:  (sputter.  stammer) "I think I'd like to keep the originals for sentimental value... are they around here anywhere?"
Chip:  "Yeah, I think they're still out back in the dumpster...  And that center console with the funky cassette deck with the microphone is out there too, but now you finally have cupholders and can play XBox and watch DVD's!"
Me:  "Is this a car or a JetBlue flight?"

I know some guys that had to get a car that was "Overhauled" actually running.  The engine was not good, so they swapped in a freshie, and it was leakin' everywhere.  Still, in a week's time, about all I can get done is two pieces of trim, so who am I to talk smack? :bigsmile:
70 Cuda convert
70 Charger R/T
06 Magnum SRT8

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2005 - 02:54:08 PM »
Is it a car or a Jetblue flight!  :clapping: That's a good one!

Offline hotrod98

• Maniac Musclecars
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2005 - 04:50:25 PM »
I own 10 pretty nice mopars. Foose can do anything he wants to any one of the cars. After the new wears off and no one wants it for display purposes any longer, I would just tweak it a little to the way that I wanted it.  Most of the owners have been having a blast going to SEMA and other shows around the country. I find it a little hard to believe that if given the 71 chally, that you guys would refuse to drive it. I'm 49 years old and would love to drive the hell out of that car, riced out or not. People claim my wife's 73 is a little ricey, but we still drive the wheels off of it.
1971 Cuda, Tor-red, Bench seat
1971 Cuda Drag Car
1973 Cuda Clone, EFI/OD Limelight
1970 Superbird (Yes, it's real) Black Ice
1971 Barracuda Sassy Grass Green (sold)
1970 Challenger RT SE 383 Plum Crazy
1969 Road Runner Hardtop
1968 Road Runner Coupe (sold)

www.maniacmusclecars.com

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2005 - 04:53:56 PM »

People have different tastes, that's all it is. I would drive it, would I buy it or really fall in love with the Foose car, no.  :thumbsup:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2005 - 05:32:44 PM »
  Lots of good points. If it happened to be my rusty non-numbers Challenger, any "insider" would know i'm going for an original appearance and i plan many miles of driving so i'm sure i'd be dealing what Plum Crazy would look like on Fooseworld but not too many drastic changes. I thought a beautiful job was done on the 65 409 Impala. It was simple but very effective. Anyways i'd enjoy the car as Chip built it for a while but he'd understand my 'deconstruction' in order to have an original appearance for my R/T SE and a very heartfelt thanks for replacing all the damaged sheetmetal on her regardless :bigsmile: :money: :bigsmile:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005 - 05:36:31 PM by RusTy/SE »
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2005 - 06:19:47 PM »
I own 10 pretty nice mopars. Foose can do anything he wants to any one of the cars. After the new wears off and no one wants it for display purposes any longer, I would just tweak it a little to the way that I wanted it.  Most of the owners have been having a blast going to SEMA and other shows around the country. I find it a little hard to believe that if given the 71 chally, that you guys would refuse to drive it. I'm 49 years old and would love to drive the hell out of that car, riced out or not. People claim my wife's 73 is a little ricey, but we still drive the wheels off of it.
Oh I would not refuse to drive it. I would drive right over to get the interior changed to all black, and trash all of that lime green crap. :eek4: Or better yet sell it on Ebay to some Foose loven ricer.
I don't think your Cuda looks at all like a ricer, it looks cool to me.

Offline willhaven

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2005 - 07:21:13 PM »
I don't care how good Foose is at what he does, he totally missed the mark with the Challenger. The car is a riced out muscle car. The interior looks like crap with all that lime green and black, I would have riped that junk out the minute I got the car home, or make them change it to all black.
I'm still amazed that out of all the muscle cars that Foose has done, he would come up with that garbage.  :banghead:

Going back and watching that episode, I think the dude was happy to have his car back, and restored, but was a little shocked with the colors.
The only thing I didn't like about the car was the lime green and the size of the wheels (just a bit too large for my taste). If the green was replaced with candy apple red (even with the black and silver still there) and red leather inside instead of green, the car would look hot.

Offline Krazed

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2005 - 02:59:39 AM »
Well, my  :2cents: is this:  It depends on the car as to how I feel about what he does.

Foose has some awesome designs, and really good ideas. Especially when he does subtle things that people rarely notice, and it takes you 3 hours of staring at it just to figure it out. However, some things are way too "ricey" in my opinion. I think he overdoes the gigantic 20-24" wheels a bit too much, and they really should be toned down depending on the car.

Most of what I say, however, is personal preference. I think one of the coolest looking cars he has done to date, was the Black Mustang that the Wheelchair guy got. It just looked mean! (But then again, I have a thing for black  :biggrin: )

Yes, there's always things I would change on Foose's cars, but there's always things I like. That's just the way it is. No one can build your exact car the way you want it, because only you know what you like and everyone is different. Hence: Why we all have different opinions on Foose's cars!

Anyway... i like shiny things...!   :woo:
'68 Plymouth Barracuda 340 Formula S

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2005 - 04:58:57 AM »
If my wife ever had my car all Foosed up,  one word:  LAWSUIT   OK, two words:  DIVORCE.

He is a very talented individual, but I don't like his work.  Pablo Picasso is/was a very talented individual, I don't get his work either.  Give me Norman Rockwell any day.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline R/T

• Johnson City TN
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2005 - 06:16:52 AM »
If they could finish my car in a week , I say" I hope they pick it up today." After the novelty wears off I could change a few things to get the look I wanted but for someone to take my car and add thousands to the value of it and take a couple years restoration time that I would have to do personally all I can say is "Come and get it"
1973 Challenger (OO/=====\OO)  440 
Hemis and Harleys
2008 Dodge Ram Big Horn Edition  5.7 Hemi

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2005 - 06:40:11 AM »

This looks like Buzz Lightyear's ride!! Sorry, I'll keep my car the way I want it, not how someone else thinks it should look.

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2005 - 11:01:16 AM »
  I really could drive this Challenger but, I would have to change some stuff like the interior. It would have to go back to black. As for your wife's 73 being a little ricey I don't think so no from my view. I could drive it just the way it is.
Jeff

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline bohmer2

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2005 - 11:05:57 AM »
I would say this, hmm do all my sheetmetal work in a week for me for free...let me think ........yeah I would accept that.  

Most of what he does I really like, the Road Runner he did was nice.  The Challenger, eh I am not fond of the green tutone and I just dont think the "foose ralleyes" work as well as five spoke 18" would have.  The interior mods are cool except for the green color any thing other then green or yellow and I think that interior would look good.  Only thing on my car I wouldnt want him to change is the engine... it has a slant six and will stay with one.  But personally, big brakes, modern suspension (at least he doesn't rack and pinion all the mopars.... :puke:). I think Foose tries to keep the styling cues that made it a mopar (the stripe doesnt look right on a challenger though) I just think for my tastes it didnt work, the guy that owned it loved the green color, personally I could live with a limelight car but not the tutone paint or interior.

Given all of that, I can give him the address if they wanna come pick up any of my cars I would be happy to let them do the sheetmetal work for me, I dont like body work but it has to be done.