Author Topic: whats a fair price for a 73 'cuda?  (Read 2357 times)

Offline loc8tor

whats a fair price for a 73 'cuda?
« on: December 08, 2005 - 05:55:00 AM »
I really dont want to sell the 73, BUT, I have a guy who is constantly asking me about it, he wants me to give him a figure. I dont want to just blow him off as I may need to sell it sometime(you know things happen without warning, or another car comes along).
The car is a #s matching 318 'cuda, needs floors, trunk floor, and interior work. But car is straight and body is solid. Had 1/4s put on it once and the only body rust is 2 minor holes 1 in the fender and 1 in the door. Could use new paint but still shines. The trans needs replaced but I have another to put in it.  Has Holley intake, 4 bbl,  chrome V.covers , 14"magnum 500 wheels, and the dual scooped hood. Originally light blue w/dk blue interior with white vinyl top and side stripe, now red with black rockers and bumble bee stripe.
I have seen cars on evilBay similar to mine selling for $7-10,000.  Yet I see rollers selling for almost $5k.  I understand that the MOPARs are hot right now. I was at Carlilse this past year and I didnt see any cudas, challengers, or chargers I could drive home for less than $15k
Thanks
Shawn

Offline Harkonnen

Re: whats a fair price for a 73 'cuda?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005 - 06:24:10 AM »
Since It's him wanting to buy it, and not you selling it. He should probably have made the offer. Just my 0.02

Offline gomangoRT/SE

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005 - 08:56:54 AM »
I dont think $5k is so far off, perhaps even $6500.   The 73s are low compression cars and the 318s.........well a 318 is a 318 is a 318.   He would have to pour another $6500 into the car to make it a nice car..........  hard to say as prices vary depending where your at.    I realize your the owner but alot of guys wanna price their car that needs alot of work for a price that you can buy a car that needs very little.    Some guys you can offer them a ton of $$$ and they think cause you offered them that much then it has to be worth more.    73s will one day take their place as higher dollar cars........ but not yet.

Offline loc8tor

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005 - 06:25:13 AM »
He stopped by yesterday and asked about the 'cuda.......I said well, I'd cut it loose for $8k. He walked over and started looking around it.  He then walked back and said will you still be wanting to sell it after the 1st of the year. And I laughed and said sure, but if I do any work to it the price is going to go up. He said he understood, but with Christmas around the corner he didnt think he could swing it with the wife.  Time will tell, if I had a nickle for every "I'll be back" I could buy a Hemi cuda convertible....lol

Offline loc8tor

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005 - 08:49:00 AM »
Closing costs are going to be alot higher than I anticipated on my house, sooooooo I guess I have to sell the cuda. Anyone intrested please call 717-749-3902, pics can be seen on cudaworld. I also have more pics if intrested. Its a #s matching 73 'cuda, 318/auto originally light blue/dark blue white top and side stripe. Needs floor and trunk work, and very end of rear frame repaired. I dont really want to sell BUT I need to get the funds for closing........The way she sets its $6900 FIRM 717-749-3902

Offline 74MOPAR

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005 - 07:04:52 PM »
 Well it's hard to cook breakfast, wash-up, strectch out and watch TV in your barracuda-   better to own a house.
  Sad, but life continues.....
74 'Cuda + 73 Charger Rally + $$ + assembly= Noble M400
 03 Ram Hemi 4x4
 78 Aspen Super Coupe

Offline loc8tor

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005 - 07:43:41 AM »
anyone intrested before she hits evilBay??????
The local guy wasted enough of my time, with yea Im getting the $$ together.
Last Chance.......
Will take $6500 in cash. I cant go any lower......sorry

Offline kmyles

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005 - 08:34:27 AM »
 :useless:
_________
Kevin

Mopar Lover....Cuda's....Challengers Rule!!!!
- 1951 Dodge - 2 door hardtop (Sold!!)
- 1971 Dodge Challenger
- 2012 Dodge Challenger Yellowjacket

Hard to believe what 20 years will do!!!!

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2005 - 10:33:21 AM »

Offline 71fish

• Bless you..
    • Ken's 71fish
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2005 - 11:16:58 AM »
http://cudaworld.com/catAds.asp?cat_id=12

some on cudaworld.. same price range. I agree w/ the above post 6500 may be too high.. esp for a 318 / 904 trans. So basically they would be buying a shell less motor & trans because they'll prob replace it anyways. I'd say 5500 is a fair price. Over that I think you're doing well.

just my 2 pennies. Hey you caqn ask 6500 & take slightly less to make the buyer think they're getting a deal..

71fish
71fish - Nobody better than an E-BODY!!

Offline Bonkers

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2005 - 05:16:55 PM »
http://cudaworld.com/catAds.asp?cat_id=12

Well that was the most depressing site I've visted in a while. My idea of a fair price range is totally blown out of the water...

Loc8tor - does your car run and drive? If so please send pics to type3particle@mchsi.com . If not then I'll have to wait to see if you come down some.
------------------------------------
I drive WAY too fast to be worried about cholesterol.

"First rule of performance modification - not being able to accelerate won't kill you nearly as fast as not being able to stop." - Dad-in-law and chief mechanic.

Offline loc8tor

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2005 - 08:13:38 AM »
Yes, it does run, but, it does not move in any gear, but" P"ark works really well, lol. I really cant drop too much on it, besides if you went to the cudaworld site you saw whats available for 6500, lol, which one would you rather start with.  I know most people are going to throw the 318 away but atleast they would have a driveable car once trans was replaced. I will be swapping out those "80s chome nuggets" for the orig Magnum 500 wheels, and taking some more pics after a good cleaning. Providing the weather holds out.

I may have talked my dad into a short term loan since I plan on a refi in 6 months. And that would give me the time to keep the cuda, and maybe even pull some cash-out for some resto work, but its not a definate and I really hated asking him for the ca$h.

Offline loc8tor

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006 - 06:38:30 PM »
Well if I dont sell it by the end of January I will finish it. I have made a deal with my dad, and since Carlilse is coming both Spring and Chrysler I will be taking it there....unless I can get a refi before I sell it. I guess Id be a little more upset if it were a 71,as I like them better. But hey if things work out like planned I can keep it. Still $6500 is the bottom line.
Yes the car on the trailer on cudaworld.com is my car.