Author Topic: Title Trouble in MN  (Read 3654 times)

Oldschool

Re: Title Trouble in MN
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2005 - 03:33:58 PM »
DY3---Guess what came in the mail today?  :woohoo: After getting the digit snafu corrected, my title was completed and sent to me.   :wow:  That was the last little detail outstanding on completing the registration changeover.  :cooldancing:  .........Oldschool
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006 - 09:36:32 AM by Oldschool »

Offline mrcuda

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005 - 12:57:38 PM »
That's great for you Oldschool. That is why you never give up and keep hope alive. :cheers:

Offline Hemi Challenger

• Nothing run better then a HEMI
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005 - 01:32:01 PM »
Maine  Suck behind that Title Rule and Insurance , they should get with the time , instead of taxing everyone like the Goverment does, that all it is  Money :stomp:

Oldschool

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2005 - 06:56:08 PM »
ISSUES----did you ever get the title situation straightened out?.  :banghead:   :pullinghair:  .........................Oldschool

Offline ISSUES

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2005 - 08:47:11 PM »
Well after 4 trips to 3 different DMV's I've found someone that says it can be done, but I need to liscense, register, and get the car "bonded" for 3 years to obtain the title.    Someone else has offered to try to register the car in another state, and I've got one other attempt to get it registered in Maine still in the works.   In the mean time I'm not working on the car, but working on the shop so it'll be ready for me when it's time to work on the car!   :screwy:   I'll definately keep you notified.   Congratulations on your success OldSchool!

Offline budrinker

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2005 - 09:51:20 AM »
i had the exact same issues in mn i was lucky enuff to get a salvage title from california that resolved my issues........the whole bond thing might seem like a pain but really its not that bad and it does help protect you if the car does turn up stolen....lowball the value of the car because if i remember correctly they use the value for the amount of the bond

daves70

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2005 - 05:35:50 PM »
N.Y. has the same laws. After so many years, all they require is a registration. I went thru something similar with my last challenger.

Offline ISSUES

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2005 - 09:36:12 PM »
Well on the 5th attempt I got my 5th different answer, so they said, "let's just send it in and see what happens"  :woo:    She said it could take as long as a year, but eventually I WILL get a title.  .. comforting huh?   

Oldschool

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2005 - 09:39:13 PM »
 I have been wondering how that was going.  At least you have SOMETHING to go on now.   :woohoo:   At least you know you WILL get one for it.  Be patient.  Keep us informed.   :cooldancing:  ...............Oldschool

Offline Hemi Challenger

• Nothing run better then a HEMI
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2005 - 05:36:57 AM »
I live in Maine and I'll see what I can do for you since my Wife work for Title and Reg. Dept, she a supervisior there so she will know what you have to do  :bigsmile:

Offline ISSUES

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2005 - 07:26:24 AM »
I live in Maine and I'll see what I can do for you since my Wife work for Title and Reg. Dept, she a supervisior there so she will know what you have to do  :bigsmile:

Excellant! :)  Thanks!

Offline tx9rag

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2006 - 07:39:55 AM »
Hey issues, i see you guys made it home ok, we passed you in Mass when you were hauling it home, that shrink wrap held up good!@!! I was there when you bought that car, and we were on our way to Conn to get my ragtop. If you need that car registered in maine you let me know ok, good luck, you got one  hell of a solid car to start with, that's for sure!!!!! keep in touch, as i wonna see pics as you get going on that car, thanks
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006 - 07:59:29 AM by tx9rag »

Offline Emadness

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2006 - 08:12:43 AM »
  If you don't get everything straight soon, call International Title Service in Las Vegas. They are the only Legal Title company I know of, I have used them for several years, that is where Boyd Coddington gets his Titles for custom cars he builds from the ground up. Their fee is $120. Takes them about 2-3 weeks. Phone # is 1-800-543-8626. I think their web addresss is www.internationaltitleservice.com , or put international title service in your search engine, just make sure it is the company in Las Vegas. They have on-line forms to fill out & mail in, rates, etc....

Offline ISSUES

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2006 - 08:53:17 AM »
Hey Tx9rag.  (is it Randy?)   Yeah, the shrink rap made it all the way home, and it snowed or rained for all of it!  Glad to hear you got your convertible!  I mounted the car on the rotisserie last week, and hope to start on the floors, sealing, and undercoating soon.   I'll need to switch back to my driver here shortly to make it a little more road worthy for this year.   The real work on the AAR will begin next Winter.   I look forward to hearing about yours also!

Thanks for the info on the title company!  I wish I'd called them before I applied at the state.  Still no reply from them so if it's bad news I'll look into that for sure.  :)

Offline tx9rag

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2006 - 11:36:57 AM »
Hey there, car looks good up there!!!! That pic of mine is my hardtop. The shop is almost done, so we are ready to get going on those in a month or so. That skrinkwrap was a good idea. Not to rub it in,, we got there and the guy had the title and all the sales slips.   :bigsmile: :cheers: The hardtop is going on the back burner for a while, lost thecamera cord, will send pic of the convert when i get a cord, Oh i forgot your name too, mine is Ron,,, what do you mean undercoat?? wheelwells and inner fender areas???
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006 - 11:39:19 AM by tx9rag »