Winter dreaming - escaping the nightmare - a rant

Author Topic: Winter dreaming - escaping the nightmare - a rant  (Read 2849 times)

BH23cuda

Winter dreaming - escaping the nightmare - a rant
« on: December 13, 2005 - 06:44:14 PM »
Just sittin here looking out at a cold, just above freezing, wet, grey, partly foggy, depressing afternoon. :canada:

Started dreaming about where I would rather be and what I would rather be doing.  Here it is, for what it is worth.

I want to be in Hawaii, RIGHT NOW :hyper:.  Oahu in particular.  It should be just before sunset.  I am cruzin in a top-down 70 Cuda.  I can smell that beautiful hawaiian air.  Looking at the sights, female mainly.  Strangest thing is, my wife is with me and it is still a great dream! We drop in to the Sheraton Waikiki for an appropriate number of the best Mai-tai's in the world.  Afterwards, off again in the early evening and just rolling around the island.

Something about warm and no work to go to is really desireable!  I am sick of the weather, commuting, grade 9 boys, preparing report cards and just putting up with the idiots who are trying to run (ruin) this country and my life!  :banghead:

Just wondering what you guys are dreaming about.

I feel better now.  Going to go back to my dream!  Thanks for listening

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
Re: Winter dreaming - escaping the nightmare - a rant
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005 - 06:57:47 PM »
I'd luv to close the shop and head down to my property in Ft Myers Fl. But if I do I wont have the property in Ft Myers!
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005 - 07:06:12 PM »
Hey BH23,
I use to do the same. I lived in Pennsylvannia. Winters there were 6 months long and dam cold. I hated it. Had my 67 GTX and 70 R/T conv. sitting in the garage for 9 months out of the year. Then one day I said that is it we are moving. After 47 years in snow country we sold everything ( except the cars) left our families and friends and moved to South Carloina where we didn't know a soul. We have been here for 3 years now and love it. I drive my cars 12 months out of the year. Actually two years ago our car club went on it's Sunday Cruise which happened to be NEW YEARS DAY ( January 1st) and we took the Challenger with the top down the whole way.. It was 65 degrees. My sister came to visit last year and is now talking about moving here also and I just had a friend move to Peachtree City GA. last week. I feel for you but all I can say is if possible PACK UP AND MOVE !!!!!
Hang in there Summer will come !!
JS27
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006 - 12:02:26 PM by Rev-It-Up »
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005 - 07:52:38 PM »
BH, man I feel your pain. I look out at the icicles forming on my R/T like frozen tears of neglect, begging to thaw, and once again bring tears of joy to all who gaze at her intense beauty...............sorry :screwy: :1zhelp: :screwy:   
  Mai Tai's......top down......sun........palm trees :bigshades: :droolingbounce:      much better.....it's good to dream :sleeping:
 JS, very inspiring story, (12 months out of the year? :crying:) I can't imagine how nice that must be. Actually a very close, longtime friend just moved to SC, and he loves it also. Glad to hear the move was worth it to you. Really makes me want to consider a move
 On second thought I actually love the winter time :roflsmiley:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006 - 12:03:51 PM by Rev-It-Up »

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005 - 09:18:11 PM »
Man I'm depressed.............
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

BH23cuda

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005 - 09:44:46 PM »
Went to Ft. Myers once.  Saw a whole used car lot full of Mopars.  Didn't buy any!  Now I feel stupid and depressed!

Offline A383Cuda

• Sal's Muscle Cars
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005 - 09:50:46 PM »
SC sounds nice. We've had a cold spell this week and I've been wearing my jacket every morning. It only hit 67 degrees today. I can't wait until it warms up.  :walkaway:

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005 - 09:56:09 PM »
I feel the winter time blues, too.  With about four inches of standing snow and very cold temperatures walking back and forth to class just sucks.  I'm ready for Spring and Summer again as I really feel like being home about now.
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline TeeWJay426

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005 - 08:18:58 AM »
Same here.... 2 degrees this morning, foot of snow from last Friday, still a week away from the 'official' start of winter, and I'm already SICK OF IT!!!!! :stomp:
'66 Hemi Charger                         
'67 Coronet R/T ragtop
'03 Hemi Ram 2500 QC 4x4
'99 Durango
'98 Intrepid ES

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005 - 09:08:57 AM »
I am sick of the weather, commuting, grade 9 boys, preparing report cards and just putting up with the idiots who are trying to run (ruin) this country and my life!  :banghead:

Just wondering what you guys are dreaming about.

I feel better now.  Going to go back to my dream!  Thanks for listening

I feel your pain too!  Last night here in Belmont (Boston, MA area) the weather guys said it was below 0 degrees.  I guess that's why I woke to frozen pipes in the 1st floor bathroom!

Packing up the 3 little ones for school is always a chore.  I always forget something: hat, mittens, snow pants.  Someone, usually the wife (she leaves for work before they get up so I have the duties!), always catches me!  One of the kids usually rats me out!  "Daddy forgot to pack the snow pants today.  It was really cold!"

I usually don't have too much time to work on the car but the Go Wing, R/T chrome quad exhaust tips, and the Keystone Klassics are in the basement nice and warm and ready to be refinished. 

I dream of what the car will look like when that stuff is on.  At the rate I'm going it'll be next fall when I put them on the car! :stomp:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline A383Cuda

• Sal's Muscle Cars
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005 - 09:27:46 AM »
What the heck are snow pants?

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005 - 09:32:06 AM »
I guess some peope call them bibs or ski pants.  My kids don't ski, sooo I call them snow pants.  Keeps them extra warm and so thier clothes don't get all wet from playing in the snow.

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline A383Cuda

• Sal's Muscle Cars
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005 - 09:43:10 AM »
wow, I never knew there was special clothes for winter. I figured you guys just wore jackets and long johns. We don't have anything like that out here. Most of the time kids wear shorts, but when it gets cold they start wearing pants. For about two weeks in January, MAYBE the kids will wear a windbreaker of some sort. That must be really tough to go through that. Funny thing is...my wife wants to move to Vermont or somewhere like that where they have snow. I don't think she really knows what she's asking for. Apparently we would not know how to dress out there.

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2005 - 05:23:15 PM »
Blinding snow storm on Friday, 10-15 mph on rte 95 going home,single digit temps this morning and it`s only December 14th,I hate winter!  :hyper: I would love to move south to NC,SC area but my wife wouldn`t want to be that far from her family.I also don`t know what the job market would be for us-I work in precision sheet metal and my wife is a kitchen manager-not sure what kind of money either would pay down south?
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2005 - 06:43:38 PM »
This was me this morning - - > 

This is me now  - - >

Not to fond of the cold either!