Author Topic: My best friend  (Read 5921 times)

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
My best friend
« on: December 13, 2005 - 08:47:19 PM »
As some of you know I started a thread almost a year ago about our beloved pets. I called it show us your dogs but should have named it show us your pets, pals, best friends etc.
Here's the link that started it:  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=7644.0
Nanook finally passed away on Saturday December 10th. He was better than ever the past couple of months and running around and acting like he was 5 years old again. Then Thursday night he started acting like he was sick and walking real stiff and couldn't lay down very well. The vet came over and took a blood sample and checked him over, later he called and said his oxygen levels are very low and he guessed that the tumor was bleeding internally. My wife slept by his side that night, then early Saturday morning we had to help him out onto his favorite spot on the porch. He passed away peacefully at 10:00 AM. For all of you wonderful people who have been so supportive through all of this, I want just want to say thanks for your kindness and love. We miss him more than I can say. Here's some pictures, the pictures are missing from the old thread but here are a few for those who don't know who Nanook is. The last picture is just minutes before he left us.

Offline Prowler Orange Challenger

Re: My best friend
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005 - 08:57:07 PM »
Hey man I'm sorry about your dog. Best wishes with you and the family.

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005 - 08:57:21 PM »
Gone but not to be forgotten... :angelwings:
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005 - 09:03:47 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Plum6Pak.  we had our cat that was nearly 18 human years old put down this past summer before I went off to school.  It was pretty sad and that was just our cat.  Our dog, Rebel, is still young and in great shape (not to mention a great dog), but I know it's going to be sad when his time comes.
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005 - 09:08:21 PM »
Sorry to hear about your loss. What a beauty.  I wasn't around for the initial thread. I lost my banded Cal. King snake this year. Had her for about 10 years. I try not to think about it. She was a sweetheart. :sadwavey:
 At least you can keep the memories happy, and ongoing with some very special last pics that you have to cherish. I'm sure he lived a great life with ya. Keep your spirits up :angelwings:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006 - 10:23:47 PM by Rev-It-Up »

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005 - 09:28:49 PM »
Man , sorry for your loss, usuaaly only people that got'em understand the connection. When I lost mine (twice now) itslike losing one of your own kids man. I never cried at any family funeral but ..... My suggestion would be get out and fill that hole in your home and your heart. That helped me alot.
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline onebadhemi

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005 - 09:43:54 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that Glen :sadwavey:

1970 R/T Challenger
1971 Pro street"HEMI" Challenger
2003 V-10 Ram 2500 Q/C
2006 Charger R/T

BH23cuda

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005 - 09:47:07 PM »
Thoughts are with ya man, we know how hard that can be.

RedLine

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005 - 10:39:03 PM »
Glen,  our thoughts are with you at this time.   We know the feeling.... its just not the same... missing what's not there any more.  Last year, we had to say goodbye to both of our Collies. . .  Molley, then Sable within a couple of months of each other. Molley was 15, Sable 14.  They both helped Rev and I raise our two kids, they walked them to school buses, played basketball, soccer and frisbee with them... hearded them away from danger and routinely slept at their feet in their beds.  At Christmas, they really loved discovering what tasty treats Santa had put in their stockings, and tearing the Christmas wrapping off their chew toy gifts.   We remember them especially around this time of year.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006 - 10:25:08 PM by Rev-It-Up »

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2005 - 11:03:30 PM »
Sorry to hear for your loss, having also lost a favorite and faithful Springer a few months ago, I can relate.

take care.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline VPOINTCUDA

• Wish she were done so I could take her out Ridin!
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005 - 11:14:23 PM »
This is one that really breaks my heart. I am so sorry for your loss. I can't say anything that you haven't heard already, so please accept my deepest condolences.
" the question isn't  when is he going to stop, but whose gonna stop him!"

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005 - 11:26:20 PM »
Have you heard of the Rainbow Bridge website?  I forgot the link, but, it's a beautiful website that might help a little.

Nanook was a beautiful dog.

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005 - 04:53:17 AM »
Plum,

Sorry to hear about Nanook.  But after a long life with a great family, going peacfully in your favorite spot is all one could ask.  Most of us have been through it at least once and it's never easy.  When my wife's springer died this year, we buried her out by the pond with her favorite toy, some treats and her bed.  Now she is resting comfortably, with a snack, a toy and doesn't have far to go for a swim.  Nanook sounds like he was a great dog, you're lucky to have had such a good friend for so long.

All the best,

P.G. Mrs. P.G.  Lil P.G. & Amber (our goofy shepard )
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2005 - 05:40:14 AM »

Man, that sucks Glen, sorry to hear about that.  :crying: :walkaway:
That's the thing about Dogs, hard to say goodbye then you promise yourself NO MORE DOGS.....

A few weeks later you've got a small ball of fluff running around your homemade kitchen "kennel" full of newspaper.  :lol2:

Nanook is in a better place now mate, probably playing fetch with Bon Scott.  :cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline TeeWJay426

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2005 - 08:15:50 AM »
Sorry to hear about Nanook. Was a good lookin' pooch. Have two of my own... again.... and know I'll be there someday myself. It's always tough- they really are part of the family. :sadwavey:
'66 Hemi Charger                         
'67 Coronet R/T ragtop
'03 Hemi Ram 2500 QC 4x4
'99 Durango
'98 Intrepid ES