My best friend

Author Topic: My best friend  (Read 5930 times)

Swedefish

Re: My best friend
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2005 - 10:17:52 AM »
Sorry to hear about Nook, Plum. My thoughts are with you.

Gone but not to be forgotten... :angelwings:

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2005 - 12:50:39 PM »
Losing a dog is tough.  Sounds like he had a good life and went peacefully with love around him.  That is what you hope when it happens.
You had me all teared up reading this news and my heart goes out to you!  :crying:

Offline CHARGER_FAN

• Undercover Charger
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2005 - 01:13:36 PM »
That's a tough thing to lose a beloved pet, I've had it happen all too often through the years.
I lost the greatest cat I've ever known last year at 13 years old, he died in my arms...I had uncontrollable tears running freely during that time, so did the rest of my family.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, Plum.

'70 Charger 500

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2005 - 03:43:42 PM »
Glen,
  My heart really sunk looking at that last picture. You have my deepest sympathy. I lost my cat to kidney failure after having him for 19 1/2 years. The little guy gave me all he had. He was one of a kind.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2005 - 03:53:47 PM »
Glen, so sorry to hear this news, most may consider "them" as just pets, but to many of us they are our extended family. Nanook was a beautiful dog and he has left beautiful memories to you and your family. Sorry Mopar bud. - Jim
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
  • Restore it dont crush it!
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2005 - 04:10:24 PM »
I remember reading the thread a while back!! and i remember the (we lost plum) thread everyone was worried about Nanook! and i really didnt understand what was going on but after i read the thread and everyone clued me in on who Nanook was I got it!! Nanook will never be forgot! He was  gourgious And i knoe that you and you famialy loved him!!! Im sorry for your loss you and Nanook is im my thoughts!! God Bless Kevin!
My family, My cars, My guns three things il fight for!!

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2005 - 04:19:47 PM »
Thanks everyone, it really does help to share the loss with others who have gone through this. It also helps to talk about it and hear so many kind words of encouragement from all of you. And yes, they are part of the family, not just a pet but the best friend I could ever have. I'm sorry to those of you who I've stirred up your hearts because you've lost your good friend or in some cases, friends. I don't ever want to forget and don't mind the pain but do hope that it eases sometime.
Funny how insignificant everything else is when something like this happens. The car has been the farthest thing from my mind but not the people, thanks for the wonderful replies!

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2005 - 04:57:32 PM »
Very sorry to hear about your buddy.The pain eases but never goes away as we will always miss them.It`s been a 1 1/2 years since we lost Star,our 17 yr old dog and we still think about her a lot.One of our new dogs( we ended up with two!) reminds us a little of Star with her begging and "working" us with the sad eye routine for table scraps and that brings a smile to our faces remembering her.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2005 - 06:59:47 PM »
 :walkaway:   That is sad news indeed!  Doggy heaven!!  Hope you find you way through your loss! 

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2005 - 08:45:01 PM »
  Plum i've kept a journal more on than off since 71 and i revisited my entry back in 02 when Patches (the Calico on the right) passed. Patches presence helped when my Mom had passed the year before and it was a lost weekend that saturday that i took her to the vet to be put to sleep. I understand, man :sadwavey:

btw it was just a lucky shot that i got both our cats at the time with their tails in the same position - it's not scheduled to occur again for 812 years :bigsmile:
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline HEMI HUNTER

• SERIOUS H.P.IS REALLY COOL
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2005 - 06:00:11 PM »
 :angelwings:  sorry Glenn.     seems some of us know your pain, lost our 14 yr. old cat last week. I was watching t.v. and she climbed up on my lap,

I petted her head and noticed she was gone.  :sadwavey:  remember the great times and be thankful for them
Why are the only other cars on the road all in my rear view mirror?  Oh yeah cause I got a 440/6 pack

Thank you GOD for the "Go Fast Division"

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2005 - 08:23:14 PM »
Well, it's a real bummer losing your lil buddy. My condolences to you Glen and the rest of your family. Hope you're feeling a little better since then.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2005 - 07:01:54 AM »
 :walkaway:  Still have my moments, every morning is tough cause he use to start in wanting to walk and I'd need to sneak around the house so he wouldn't see me from out on the porch. We're doing better though, thank you all very much for all the support!!  :thumbsup:
Found a few more pics.

Offline cuda

• 1970 340 Cuda, pistol grip 4 speed,3:91 sure grip
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2005 - 10:00:58 AM »
Sorry for your loss, i can totally understand this one as well. We had our american spaniel 15 yrs when she had to be put down. I cryed like a baby. She met me at the door every time i opened it, she has been gone now for 2yrs and i still look for her when i open it. We get so attached dont we. Take care

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2005 - 12:09:38 PM »
Dogs are awesome Pets , they just never last long enough  :banghead:
 Sorry about your loss

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t