Fixing Up The Challenger (Need Input)

Author Topic: Fixing Up The Challenger (Need Input)  (Read 1504 times)

Offline Prowler Orange Challenger

Fixing Up The Challenger (Need Input)
« on: December 17, 2005 - 10:03:12 AM »
Okay guys I know this isn't a Charger but, I have a 71 Dodge Challenger that I am thinking about getting painted by moparguy01 on the board here. My dilema is I'm leaning toward getting it painted Prowler Orange or Amberfire Metallic for you Dodge Folks.  However, I am also leaning keeping it the color it is as well but, I don't know. Let me know what you folks think. Also, I'm confused on the wheels to get. I currently have a set of 14" Slots on it. I thought about going to a Cragar SS or a American Racing Torqu-Thrust Wheel or Even Keystone Klassic Wheels. Anyways, I'm just kind of torn what to do.

Attached some photos of the car and the wheel options:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: Fixing Up The Challenger (Need Input)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005 - 10:43:42 AM »
Okay guys I know this isn't a Charger but, I have a 71 Dodge Challenger that I am thinking about getting painted by moparguy01 on the board here.

Thats OK since I like the Challenger better than the Charger!!  lol    :bigsmile:   Did you think you were on the Charger site???   :dunno:

Offline ROMI

• 71 Challenger R/T 340 4 speed, Lapeer Michigan
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005 - 10:47:01 AM »
Charger / Challenger.... they both start with CH and end with GER..... what's the diff ?    :roflsmiley:

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005 - 10:58:03 AM »
I like the American Racing torque-thrust wheels but, also think the Keystone klassic wheels look great. I'm not sure what color is on your Challenger now but, the prowler orange is a good looking color. I  prefer to keep my cars the color the factory painted them unless it is a very boring color. Then I would paint it what ever color I wanted to. I'm a big fan of 71 Challengers as I have owned 2 71 340 RT's. Keep us posted on what you decide and we all love pictures.
Jeff
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006 - 02:58:39 PM by Rev-It-Up »

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline ROMI

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005 - 11:06:12 AM »
Hey Dak, I've got Cragar SS on my car now, they're a nice retro look.  I wish I had rally's myself. Like 71340RT, I like original but what makes YOU happy is most important.

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005 - 11:21:02 AM »
We have our old rallys in the attic....we love our Cragars!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2005 - 11:34:51 AM »
Dakotavert, it's a tough decision when it comes to paint, but I'd say Prowler Orange would look pretty cool on your '71.  Ultimately it's your decision on what color to paint it, but I know some extra feedback always seems to help your final decision. (Trust me, I had the same problem when it came to what color my '73 was going to be, so I created a poll here with all the possible colors I wanted to use, and let the board help persuade me with my final decision.)  As for the rims, I've always liked the look of the Keystones and Cragars, so I'd have to say one of those would look pretty sweet.  Hopefully out of all this jumbo I somewhat helped you out with your decision. :dunno:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2005 - 11:36:51 AM »
Thanks to everyone who has replied so far. Keep the feedback coming. I was going to original but, I like to be different if I can be. My friend paints cars for a living so he'll be painting it. He's going to paint his Charger Prowler Orange and thought I would jump on the band wagon as well but, I figure I would ask before I make any decisions. Most people said they like the color that was on it now. So, I'm getting opinions before I buy more things for it. Keep them coming folks.

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2005 - 11:41:41 AM »
My brother painted his 68 barracuda prowler orange.  Turned out really pretty. 
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline CHARGER_FAN

• Undercover Charger
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2005 - 11:47:54 AM »
...but what makes YOU happy is most important.
:iagree: It's YOU that's gonna be driving it, so make it how you like it! :thumbsup:

My personal preferences are;
Color...the maroon in the pic is one of my favorite colors, so I'd pick that if it were mine.
Rims...Torque Thrusts & Keystone's are a favorite of mine too. I've got Keystones on my Charger.

'70 Charger 500

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2005 - 11:49:14 AM »
If you like orange go for it. But.... if you are going a modern color why not a modern wheel instead of a retro wheel?
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2005 - 01:00:59 PM »
Thanks again everyone. Looks like Maroon is winning so far. As far as the modern color goes the only reason I like the classic wheels is because they're cheaper and they still look great.  :grinyes:

Offline ROMI

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2005 - 01:51:58 PM »
We have our old rallys in the attic....we love our Cragars!
Maybe you should unload them. You know, take some of the stress off your rafters.  Need help, let me know.   :ylsuper:

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2005 - 02:39:20 PM »
Orange + Keystones.

I've been looking at some Keystones for my Barracuda, actually.

Offline moparguy01

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2005 - 03:43:22 PM »
nothing looks better than steelies!!! :grinyes: i just so happen to have pairs some cop car rims sitting around too...hmmm.....