Author Topic: Glad To Be Back Home!!  (Read 1607 times)

Offline lumpy

Glad To Be Back Home!!
« on: December 19, 2005 - 09:17:24 AM »
 We just got back from our trip to Arizona last night. :clapping: Trip went very well. Builders are coming along nicely on our home :thumbsup: We did run into an ice storm in the panhandle of Oklahoma, but were able to drive through to Emporia Ks. where we stayed Sat. nite. Here comes the bad part..... left the motel room Sunday morning, and the first bridge that we came to was iced over. Truck and trailer spun around, and we slammed into the concrete railing head on!!! WOW, nobody was injured, just banged up a little. Trailer swung around and broke off the rear axle of the truck, I believe that the truck will be a total loss. There was no sand or salt on the bridge, we were wearing our seatbelts and i believe that the concrete bridge railing saved our lives, It was about a 30 foot drop to the ground below!! Very glad to be well and at home again!!! Pics of truck to be posted Wednesday.

Offline A383Cuda

• Sal's Muscle Cars
Re: Glad To Be Back Home!!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005 - 09:56:34 AM »
Thank God your safe! Congratulations on the new home. If anyone else is looking to move to Az, please give me a call. I am a Realtor in Az. I can send you some great information and help you in your new purchase. Sal (520) 419-8683

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005 - 11:38:06 AM »
 :22yikes: :22yikes:  I'm so glad you all are safe!  Sounds like a terrible accident...I would still be shaking.
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

RedLine

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005 - 11:40:42 AM »
Wow! sorry to hear about that!  Glad you are not hurt badly!  I was thinking of your cargo. were you on your way back?

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005 - 02:48:13 PM »
Lumpy, glad to hear you're alright.  That sounds like it was a pretty bad accident.
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline lumpy

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005 - 04:26:05 PM »
Icy roads can be pretty scary, when you are sliding full speed out of control. Anybody who has been in this situation knows what I am talking about. It is a pretty helpless feeling sliding down the interstate, not knowing where you will end up!! We were fortunate that the trailer did not cause any more damage and no other vehicles were involved. Everybody please slow down on those icy roads, I was only going about 50mph. I would hate to think what would have happened if I were doing 70!!

Offline TeeWJay426

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005 - 04:38:18 PM »
Sounds like someone was watching over you on that one, Lumpy! Glad to hear you're okay- can always replace the truck. I'm assuming the trailer was empty, since you were returning? I know the feeling of sheer terror on icy roads- living in the Northeast all my life has given me more experience with them than I like.
'66 Hemi Charger                         
'67 Coronet R/T ragtop
'03 Hemi Ram 2500 QC 4x4
'99 Durango
'98 Intrepid ES

Oldschool

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2005 - 05:12:09 PM »
Glad you and yours are alright Lumpy.   :bigthumb:  Don't sweat the bent sheet metal, that can all be replaced.   :cooldancing:  .......Oldschool

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2005 - 09:03:16 PM »
Wow, glad to hear you're okay!
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2005 - 09:26:59 PM »
Hey lumpy, what town are you going to ?

I'm in Gilbert..

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005 - 09:39:24 AM »
Good to hear your all OK Lumpy, yep those ice slides can make you change your britches.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline lumpy

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2005 - 02:39:09 PM »
The Good Lord kept us from any real danger, the truck was fully insured along with anything that it tows. We are moving to Sahuarita, AZ just south of Tucson. Close date on our new home is March 9th. I am going back down to Emporia KS. tomorrow with a friend to pick up the trailer, and i will snap some photos of the truck while I am down there. I just got the truck  right before Thanksgiving , and really fell in love with it.  It will be hard to find a better deal on a nicer truck. I hope that the insurance company will be fair!!

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2005 - 02:56:24 PM »
Glad you are Ok
 I see tyhat all the time on ice up here , you have toi ohave trailer brakes & controller & an equalizer hitch to tow safely
 good luck on finding a far better truck , look for a Cummins !!

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Prowler Orange Challenger

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2005 - 05:23:01 PM »
Hey glad to here you made it out alright and no one was hurt. Sorry about the truck though. At least you can look for something else now.

Offline lumpy

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2005 - 08:47:20 PM »
Grabbed the trailer today, we left at 4:30 am and just got back an hour ago!! When we got there, the insurance appraiser was there checking out the damage. He said probably 6-7K to fix the truck, the impact was low enough, that it did not do much internal damage. So they may just pay to fix it, but I won't know for a couple of days.