Well, isn't this nice.....

Author Topic: Well, isn't this nice.....  (Read 899 times)

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
Well, isn't this nice.....
« on: December 20, 2005 - 07:50:12 PM »
Somebody let the air out of my passenger tires Sunday night, or Monday morning. :swear:

I drove home from my parttime evening job, parked the car, and went inside. My tires were fully inflated then. Monday morning, I got up, and carpooled to my fulltime day job. Of course, at 6:30 am, it's still dark out, so I couldn't see my tires. When I get home after work, I notice that my front passenger tire is completely flat, and the rear tire is low. Do a psi check on the rear, and it's down to 15 psi. Should be 35. Naturally, I thought that I must have ran over something the night before. So, I fill the tires up, make sure they aren't fast leaks, and drive to the tire store, to get them fixed/replaced. The valve caps were on tightly, so at the time, I didn't suspect foul play.

Since the front tire was an old one, I figured I'd just replace it. They don't have the right size tire in stock. Okay, just fix the rear tire, then. Well, the morons at the tire store BREAK one of the lugs on my rear tire.  :stomp:  And, because I have a broken lug on that tire, they are not allowed to remove it to fix it, due to some company policy. Even though THEY broke the damn lug! So I said screw it, just fill the tires up, and I'll go home.

Today, I see that the tires are both at 35 psi. What the heck? So, since there is no leak, somebody must have let the air out. Now, as far as I know, most of the people who don't like me, live in other states, so, I got no clue who would have done this.

Oldschool

Re: Well, isn't this nice.....
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005 - 07:58:24 PM »
  :pullinghair:  Sounds like bored kids with nuthin' better to do.

At least they didn't have any spray paint, or decide to drag a key down the side of it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005 - 03:59:21 PM by Oldschool »

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005 - 09:27:58 PM »
Better the air out than sliced sidewalls! But still a pain in the @ss! I drove all the way to my shop in a snow storm to fix a tire that some punk let the air out of thinking it was a flat,,, fun .
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005 - 09:32:09 PM »
Somebody let the air out of my passenger tires Sunday night, or Monday morning. :I got no clue who would have done this.

Only the shadow knows!! :naughty:
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005 - 10:18:08 PM »
Well that's frustrating!  Probably a silly prank, but still a pain in the butt!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005 - 10:21:56 PM »
Now, as far as I know, most of the people who don't like me, live in other states

Theres a good idea!!   Keep everyone that doesn't like me in other states!!  LMAO!!  Exactly how did you arrange this??   :dunno:     :popcorn:

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005 - 10:32:01 PM »
Theres a good idea!!   Keep everyone that doesn't like me in other states!!  LMAO!!  Exactly how did you arrange this??   :dunno:     :popcorn:

Well, some who were local moved away after High School.  All the others, I met on the internet.  On places as large as Moparts, I'm bound to find someone who just doesn't like me, and I know of a couple members there who I wouldn't put it past them to actually do something like this....  Fortunatly for me, they live a few states away.

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005 - 11:52:50 PM »
That is a bad deal but at least you never had to buy any tires. I have had also had the same problem. They often seem to think it will cause any harm.

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2005 - 05:53:31 PM »
Well Ghost, thats a real bummer.  I am just glad you didn't have to replace the tires.