does anybody have other hobbies

Author Topic: does anybody have other hobbies  (Read 11449 times)

Offline BIG MIKE

does anybody have other hobbies
« on: December 20, 2005 - 11:01:07 PM »
i know most have mopars  :working:...

i just got into RC NITRO 4X4 monster trucks...hpi savage is the make of mine..
the 4X4 is so i could run anywhere..they have as many upgrades as the real ones, bigger engines,wheelie bars,clutch setups, rearends ect.
bodies cuda,charger,Ram pickups,ect.

here are some videos of what i'm talking about.. http://www.rc-walser.ch/HPI_SAvage_Video.html

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: does anybody have other hobbies
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005 - 12:08:15 AM »
I mess with slot cars a little , way cheaper than R/ C

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline N96cuda

• Kirks Cars
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005 - 12:31:01 AM »
Does kinky sex count?

If not I guess it's just regular sex... :dunno:

70 Cuda 440-6 Shaker, Auto, Vitamin C, stripe delete, black int. & vinyl top, luggage rack, Magnums, build sheet
71 Cuda conv. 383 4-speed, Rallye red, black top, int. and billboards, 2 complete build sheets
09 B5 blue Challenger SRT-8
www.93cobra.itgo.com

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005 - 01:22:49 AM »
lurking around in the dark   :sly:

Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005 - 03:21:09 AM »
My hobby is no way near interesting to most folks.  I collect old Science Fiction paperbacks from before 1960.  Mostly from countries other than the US.

P.G.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005 - 05:40:03 AM by Pistol Gripper »
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005 - 04:46:15 AM »
Don't have much time for it now but I like RC and slot cars. I used to mess with them a lot before.  Collect some die cast, 1/64 and 1/18th scale.  Model cars.

I have an old nitro Kyosho rear engine sand buggy (Assault) that I've run only several times.  You nee lots of space for these things as they do 35-40mph out of the box without mods.  Electric is OK.  Batteries wear out too fast for my taste once you get a little nitro in you-just gas up and go.  I used to experiment making franken cars from parts, ie "it got run over by a car-here's some parts if you want em".  I have a working snow plow on a Nikko 4x4 that I scavenged the radio unit from a smaller RC and used the servo for the plow lift.  Made my own 4x4 frame from brass stock and a propane torch because I was 17 and didn't have the $$$ to buy a decent car.  I could stand on the frame.  Was kinda heavy-3 layers of brass stock.  1/24 scale Tamiya Tam-Tech Porsche that for 1/24 scale is very fast.  Put it on the floor and it'll spin the tires and do donuts all day.  Various other this and that cars.  Junk like that.

Slots are interesting.  Just recently got into setting up the track as the kids are starting to get old enough to play.  Got it going under the Christmas tree.  Last year I set it up inside the middle of the tree so the littlest one wouldn't attack the track but kept on losing the cars when they fell off the track, got stuck in the tree somewhere.  Mostly 1/64th scale.  I have a 1/32 Shelby Daytona Coupe but I just need a track to run it on-$$$$and space.  Those tracks are big!

Various 1/18th scale.  I got a 6 Challenger cars, 2 are from the Body shop series, both are Sublime T/As.   These are the 1/18th scale that are in kit form that you built like a model car.  One may be made into a version of a Massachusetts State Trooper Patrol Car as I found some decals in a hobby store.  Not sure if I want to use this one or a Shaker car.  The T/A hood scoop looks more streamline so I might go with that but the Hemi is cool.
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline Hemi Challenger

• Nothing run better then a HEMI
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2005 - 04:53:03 AM »
I collect old coins, and Fly an R/C  A-4 Skyhawk with 90cc Duckfan motor, that goes over 200MPH

Offline Cannibal94

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2005 - 08:00:10 AM »
I go snowmobiling and drink beer.    :cheers:

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2005 - 08:08:54 AM »
Practical pistol competition! It's a blast!!! :woo:
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2005 - 08:45:48 AM »
I go snowmobiling and drink beer.    :cheers:

Not at the same time I hope............. I just collect money, I'm getting ready to retire so I can keep my Mopars happy and to complete my woodworking shop, and to upgrade my camera equipment so I can get some nice pics of more Moapars and this beautiful country we live in as we drive around the U.S. I'm really just a homebody collecting dust.LOL And I also like beer !  :cheers:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2005 - 08:57:30 AM »
I like to do a bunch of different things.  Here is my list:

RC Cars are a big one.  I currently have a 1/8 nitro road car (2002 Serpent V-tech), 1/8 nitro off road buggy (Kyosho Inferno MP 7.5), 1/8 nitro monster truck (Losi LST), and a 1/10 nitro touring car (HPI RS4 3 18 SS).
I have also built a RC trainer plane (Sig 40), but never flown it.
I was really big into paintball until I got the Barracuda to work on.  I mainly just played rec ball and also did some tournament play.  Still have all my equipment and will play when the opportunity arises.
Plasic models are always good to spend some time on.  I really don't have a specific type of model I like to do.  I build cars, planes, and sci-fi.
When the weather is good and I have time, mountain biking is one of my options.  I love the outdoors and biking is a great way to get away from the real life.
The collection of Star Wars figures and Spawn used to be big for me also.  That stopped that about three years ago, but if I am out and see something cool, I might go a head and pick it up.
Guess you can say I collect DVD's too.  I am a huge movie buff.
Someone mentioned BEER!  I love beer...  All kinds as long as it has flavor. I try to try news all the time.  :cheers:

Offline Cannibal94

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2005 - 09:46:29 AM »
The beer drinking comes after we've been riding....It is always hard to drink in the mountains, 2 beers feel like 12!!  That is why we stay at a hotel that has a bar in it!!

I also play the Bass guitar and the drums......actually playing for a party on New Years!!   :cheers:

Between the Barracuda, the Jeep, Music and snowmobiles......I don't have much time for anything else! (that is why I have to be here while Im at work!  :naughty: )

sleepychallenger

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2005 - 09:50:06 AM »
sad to say but i keep ricers on the road and modify them too. not for myself but for friends. also am getting into choping and dropping trucks. we just cut the rear off of my buddys 198? dakota longbed frame and all. we are going to build our own frame and then i will be taking the 318 and making a stroker 6 pak with my own custom built exhaust.

Offline VPOINTCUDA

• Wish she were done so I could take her out Ridin!
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2005 - 10:50:37 AM »
My house seems to be taking up all of my "free" time at the present, that and working 60 hours a week !
Doesn't leave much time for hobbies.
But , I love to hunt in the fall and winter months, and go scuba diving in the spring and summer months .
( oh , yeah , and drink beer on my nights off ! ! ! )  :roflsmiley:
" the question isn't  when is he going to stop, but whose gonna stop him!"

kudakidd

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2005 - 12:43:34 PM »
Harleys baby! :thumbsup: