Lucys First Outing

Author Topic: Lucys First Outing  (Read 4105 times)

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
Re: Lucys First Outing
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2005 - 09:52:28 PM »

Then I'll send it to Rev and Redline (they don't know this yet) :lol: and get them to post it up for me.

:thumbsup:  No problem...bring it on!!!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2005 - 10:05:52 PM »

LOL :lol2: I've got room. :lol2: But, she won't be seeing any car shows, maybe one or two in her life. Doesn't really interest me that much.
I'll be the weirdo who pulls up at a Muscle Car show and parks a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T in the parking lot next to other viewers. :lol2:

LOL, i'll be the other weirdo someday when i'm drivin' mine   :lol2:

Congratulations Carl :cheers: The crap you went through can now fade out - enjoy Lucy man. I'll never forget the first time i experienced the power curve on a 440  :worshippy :worshippy :worshippy

I'm glad she's past that initial cruise but- and i'm not tryin' to be an arse - what about the stereo man??? - did that rock like you'd imagined??  :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

:nzflag: :nzflag: :nzflag:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005 - 11:47:49 AM by RusTy/SE »
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline A383Cuda

• Sal's Muscle Cars
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2005 - 10:06:38 PM »
I noticed you said you have a pistol grip shifter on a slap shift stick. Which kit are you using? Is it the one on Ebay? I would like to do the same, but they don't have any pictures of one installed. Any onfo or pics would be appreciated.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2005 - 10:16:56 PM »

Rev has some photos, I have got any of mine yet. It is a www.harmsauto.com tilt-pistol grip.
I've attached a photo of one but not of one on my slap-stik.  :thumbsup:

Thanks lostcountfor now!!  :lol2: :drunk: No music, once I'm by myself without the mechanic in the car I will.
Not until I'm use to the car and have a grab on the LHD thing. Can't look cool crushed against a wall with music playing!!  :grinno:

Rev - Thanks for that, I wouldn't have brought it up if I knew you wouldn't. Too kind, I'll PM when I'm done.

Thanks again everyone!!! Photos tomorrow, PROMISE.  :drunk:

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2005 - 10:26:00 PM »
 :grinyes: :thumbsup: it's all good man. That's definitely the right way to do things :cheers:
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2005 - 10:32:13 PM »
Very cool Carl, I drove my white one today too.  :cheers:

Barry

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2005 - 10:35:21 PM »
 Congrats NZ!! That's got to be an awesome feeling to finally have it done!
  I can't wait for pics, videos, or even another road trip story.
 What a great Christmas present!
ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2005 - 10:35:36 PM »
That's great..
Love blasting down the road for the first time.. not that any of mine were ever that nice  :drunk:

Offline 4drbrnko

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2005 - 10:46:27 PM »
schweet! congrats. Is it friday yet?
<-------<<<  Clickylinks..... My vehicles

Offline MoparMan

• 70 Challenger R/T, 71 Duster 340, 68 Fury
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2005 - 10:51:38 PM »

NZ !!!    Congrats !!!
Awesome !  Nothing like that first trip down the road !

Glad to hear you got her together and actually driving it..  I'm so happy for ya'..

:clapping:  :jumping:

MoparMan
(Bob)

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2005 - 11:42:01 PM »
NZ, what perfect timing for you. The perfect Christmas present. Way to go!!!! We are all so happy for you to see it finally on the road. Go have some fun mate. But please...Be safe. We wouldn't want to see anything ever happen to Lucy. Except going full throttle on lone roads with no cops.  :burnout: :ylsuper: :bananasmi :bananasmi
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2005 - 11:56:14 PM »
NZ boy I'm glad someone has their Mopar done and will be driving it soon. My 1970 Cuda project is coming up on 6 years and I have yet to drive more than down the street and back. Glad the first trip down the road went well as this is a big step into having a trouble free car to drive and enjoy. Keep us posted on how everything goes when Lucy gets turned over to you and we all want pictures or Video would be great. I hope to have my Cuda finished by April 2006 as I have hit a few slow downs along the way with interior issues and brake problems.
Jeff

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2005 - 01:10:36 AM »

WHOA!!!!!!! Thank you some much for the replies!! I wasn't going to post it because I didn't think anyone would really care, ESPEACIALLY with no photos!!!  :lol2: Thanks everyone, most of you guys have seen here from the very beginning to the finished state.

I got a call and they said that they are getting her ready tonight and they said when I wake up tomorrow, come and get her.  :grinyes:
So I'll go around around 9:30am, Mum wants to be first passenger, then Dad them my Sister then my cousin....after that it's who ever I see or or who ever comes around first. Man I'm excited. Only another 12 and a 1/2 hours to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :naughty:

Thanks lads, I will be posting some photos around your 4-5pm tomorrow.  :thumbsup:

Cheers the happiest New Zealand in the world!!!!!!!!!  :crazy: :jumping: :lol2: :bananasmi :ylsuper: :clapping: :woo: :woohoo:

Offline Bondavi

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2005 - 01:52:00 AM »
I got a call and they said that they are getting her ready tonight and they said when I wake up tomorrow, come and get her.

Sleepless night man.....sleepless night!  :rofl: Congrats big time! As if you haven't heard that enough times already!  :woohoo:

Now do this for us...after you have all the grannies and kids out for a ride, and get the car back to yourself, solo......*provided your engine is broken in*, dig realllly deeeeeep in the gas, record every living sensation going through your body, visionary, olfactory, G-forces and grinning face included, and describe to us in so many words what Mopar mystique and power is all about!  :ylsuper:

That will only inspire us with dead Mopars ever the more.......!  :working:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005 - 01:54:55 AM by Bondavi »
David

'70 Challenger R/T FC7 440-6 4spd N96 3.54 Dana - SOLD

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2005 - 01:55:28 AM »

LOL!!  :lol2: I will do but it won't be until sometime after the trip before I really get stuck into her off the line at the lights etc.

Thanks for the kudos mate..... 12, hours and counting down.....  :bananasmi :woohoo: