Author Topic: I finally got a digital camera and will be posting pics!!  (Read 7236 times)

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
Re: I finally got a digital camera and will be posting pics!!
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2006 - 10:19:21 PM »
Since there are areas sandwiched and inaccessable in any car, I'd think this car would have to be dipped,
rinsed (?), and dipped again in a primer immediately. If you didn't do this I'd think the rust would inevitably resurface and ruin whatever finish you'd applied. Remember Neil Young's immortal words. :smokin:
And for what all of that would cost...I'm with Lumpy, I just didn't have the heart to say it first.

Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2006 - 10:13:16 PM »
Since there are areas sandwiched and inaccessable in any car, I'd think this car would have to be dipped,
rinsed (?), and dipped again in a primer immediately. If you didn't do this I'd think the rust would inevitably resurface and ruin whatever finish you'd applied. Remember Neil Young's immortal words. :smokin:
And for what all of that would cost...I'm with Lumpy, I just didn't have the heart to say it first.

:iagree:
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2006 - 08:46:17 AM »
Best of luck man. I know some have said pass on it, and find another project, but as you all know you cannot just float around town, and pick and choose. That option is just not there. You sometimes have to work with what ya got.
 Like SBlue72 said "where there is a will, there is a way"  :thumbsup:
 If this is a from the heart project, there is no way you will fail.
 If your looking for some inspiration, this may help ya.
 http://uscartool.com/img/Barracuda/index.html
 And before anyone says it, yes granted it's a convertible, therefore "so much more important", but someday each one of these vehicles will share in that importance of preservation.  Good luck if you decide to take it on. :thumbsup:

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline Moparmatt

• Resident
  • Mopar or No Car - Member Since 10/09/03
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2006 - 05:38:08 PM »
Sure it's got a lot of rust... but its what is on the inside that counts, not the outside. And on the inside... well... more rust.

It will be a tough project, but well worth it once its done. Good luck!